SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Are True Precision barrels worth the price in a P365XL?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are True Precision barrels worth the price in a P365XL? Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
I don’t want a threaded barrel so I’m just wondering if there is really much benefit to a True Precision barrel (or any other aftermarket barrel) or not. Thanks.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't recall the name or site of the reviewer but I recall reading a head to head review with a P365 XL stock barrel and TP barrel. The TP barrel was more accurate but only by a fraction of an inch in bench shooting and negligible in one and two hand shooting.

Unless you are getting a threaded barrel or really want a different colored one it is doubtful you'll really see any benefit to the purchase.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I read a similar review but I thought I’d ask here anyway.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would it matter if a new barrel turned the gun into a laser beam? Given the expected use what possible gain could you be seeking?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will tell you in a few days, I have a threaded barrel on the way for my 365xl

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Would it matter if a new barrel turned the gun into a laser beam? Given the expected use what possible gain could you be seeking?

Well, for those that can hold like a Human Ransom Rest, the accuracy gain might be measurable with a set of calipers.

Smile

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had no expectations. I saw some pictures of a Grayguns P365 with a True barrel and while I assumed it was mostly because it’s a threaded barrel I figured that there was no harm in finding out if there might be something more.

The company also makes claims that their barrels feed more reliably. People have had issues with 147 gr ammo feeding in their P365. If anyone had that issue and a True Precision barrel fixed it I think that would be pretty neat to know.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
quote:

Well, for those that can hold like a Human Ransom Rest, the accuracy gain might be measurable with a set of calipers.

Smile

To some extent, yes.

But, custom barrels usually hold accuracy for a lot longer than stock barrels. When both barrels are new, most shooters can’t see much difference in accuracy, even at distance.

In 20k the difference becomes noticeable.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I have emailed true twice. The order was confirmed completed 2 days after placing it on 5/23/2020.

It has been awaiting tracking information since then. I have not received any communication from them. I will try emailing again.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

The company also makes claims that their barrels feed more reliably. People have had issues with 147 gr ammo feeding in their P365. If anyone had that issue and a True Precision barrel fixed it I think that would be pretty neat to know.

I wonder what the improvement is on 100%?

My P365's haven't had any issue with 115, 124, or 147 gn ammunition, but then bullet weight is irrelevant for feed reliability; cartridge overall length is what's important. In theory 115 gn is loaded to the shortest COL, but not necessarily so, and so long as the ammunition is loaded within specification, it shouldn't be a problem.

Even my own 147 gn flatnose loads at 1.155" COL feed fine.

If a long cartridge is going to hang up, it's going to be on a short barrel pistol with a steeper angle from the mag to the chamber and/or a short feed ramp. I just haven't seen that on the P365.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

I wonder what the improvement is on 100%?

Obviously if your guns function fine then you aren’t really a part of the group I’m talking about. My experience mirrors yours, both my 365s and my XL work fine and I pretty much only shoot 147gr.

But I’m not so foolish to think that my experience will be the same for everyone. I e read of multiple people having issues and I have no reason to disbelieve them because of my small sample size.