Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
P226 in LGS Login/Join 
posted
Was browsing the LGS and saw they had a P226 9mm (non rail) priced at $400. I didn't get a chance to handle it but it looked really clean. If I didn't already have (2), I'd probably buy it solely based on the price. The slide said "Made in Exeter NH" whereas the ones I own have "Made in W Germany". Maybe it's a mid 90's model ?

I'm going to head back there this weekend and look at it again (if it's still there) and decide what I want to do.

Thoughts on price?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Exeter rollmarked W. German SIGs are from 1990 to 1995. Date code should tell you the exact proofed year.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striperkid:
Was browsing the LGS and saw they had a P226 9mm (non rail) priced at $400. I didn't get a chance to handle it but it looked really clean. If I didn't already have (2), I'd probably buy it solely based on the price. The slide said "Made in Exeter NH" whereas the ones I own have "Made in W Germany". Maybe it's a mid 90's model ?

I'm going to head back there this weekend and look at it again (if it's still there) and decide what I want to do.

Thoughts on price?

I'd buy it as well. Good trading fodder

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a steal. Unfortunately (for sellers), DA/SA are out of favor nowadays. If you like the platform, snap it up. I'd at least try and knock him down a little, since most buyers aren't into DA/SA.

Nothing wrong with Exeter. My first Sig, P229 .40 DA/SA (1996), has over 47,000 rounds through it and is still going strong.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
It's a steal. Unfortunately, DA/SA are out of favor nowadays. If you like the platform, snap it up.

My da/sa are outa favor. What i'm a gonna do with them

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep them. Big Grin

I love my Sig DA/SA .40's. But they aren't worth squat on the market.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Keep them. Big Grin

I love my Sig DA/SA .40's. But they aren't worth squat on the market.

Messing with you Nipper. I like my da/sa, glocks and dak. Shoot them all good but i like my P series da/sa the best.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
quote:
It's a steal. Unfortunately, DA/SA are out of favor nowadays. If you like the platform, snap it up.

My da/sa are outa favor. What i'm a gonna do with them

I will mail you a prepaid box and packaging label with my FFLs address and contact info. Once received, mail to FFL and email me any FFL and shipping costs, I will PayPal you reimbursement within 12 hours of receipt. I will also kindly extend the same offer the same to any SigForum member that needs help to dispose of these antiquated firearms. I make this offer to all purely as a service to the forum.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Back to the op if you like it you better get it before someone else does. Good luck on whatever you do. Skins I aint giving anything up. If you have a p239 9mm i got a karma going on for some 9mm mags.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
OK, Blue the offer stands if you need to dispose those troublesome DA/SAs I'm always there for you.

OP, check rails and barrels for wear. SIGs will always show their use/care, easy to tell a well cared for and lightly used SIG. If in good shape, I'd buy it in a second. It's easily worth $50 more than list price if it's in great shape.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I would jump and immediately ship it to Sig for the SSP. Will be essentially new!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I'd definitely buy it for $400.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Report This Post