SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who would buy this P226 Stainless Match Elite if SIG made it??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who would buy this P226 Stainless Match Elite if SIG made it?? Login/Join 
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted
My greatest want from SIG is a Stainless Match Elite P226 in both SAO and DA/SA. 5in barrel, stainless frame, ohhh how about a ELDX (extra long dust cover all the way out to the end of the 5in slide.) Same sights as on the P320 X5 with the baseplate that can be taken off for a Romeo Red Dot and everything. Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight. G10 grips. 18rnd mags. Complete with a good kydex holster and mag pouches. All for about $1300 MSRP or less.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd buy one.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I can tell you that a 5 inch gun is on SIGs radar. Whether they follow though on it or not who knows.

Bruce has wanted a similar gun produced for years.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stainless Match Elite P226 in both SAO and DA/SA

Those would be equivalent to the X5 Competition (SAO) and the X5 Allround (DA/SA) from SIG Germany. Sure, why not.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep ... I'd lay one in ...

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ooohhhh, how many of us here on SF have asked for such a thing over the years? Make it a DA/SA in 357SIG and I'll buy a pair. Hell, I might even think about buying a .40. Make it with an aluminum frame (Match rather than Match Elite?) and a 9mm would be most interesting.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I would like both please.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Those would be great additions to the P226 family. Personally I think a 5" P225A1 9mm Stainless Elite / Match Elite, would make an awesome target or defensive pistol, especially if it is essentially done to look like the P220 Match Elite with adjustable rear sight and the black aluminum white SIG lettering grips.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patriot_1776
posted Hide Post
I'm in

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1616 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Those would be equivalent to the X5 Competition (SAO) and the X5 Allround (DA/SA) from SIG Germany. Sure, why not.

Not exactly true. The SME fills a gap between a simple Elite and an X5.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
quote:
quote:

Why?
X5 Competition: all ss gun, 5-inch bbl, adjustable rear sight, nonadjustable SA trigger.

P226 MSE SAO = same specs as above.

X5 Allround: same as above, except it's a DA/SA gun.

P226 MSE DA/SA = same specs as the Allround.

I bet if they relabel the Competition and Allround as the MSE, most wouldn't be able to tell.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why?
X5 Competition: all ss gun, 5-inch bbl, adjustable rear sight, nonadjustable SA trigger.

I bet if they relabel the Competition and Allround as the MSE, most wouldn't be able to tell.

Why? Because it would need a fitted, 5-inch, heavy stainless target barrel. The MSE features a standard 5-inch barrel.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbacker_99:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why?

Why? Because it would need a fitted, 5-inch, heavy stainless target barrel. The MSE features a standard 5-inch barrel.

And a P226 SME would cost $600-800 less then an X5.