SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has anybody here used the C&H Precision (CHPWS) optic plates for Sig?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anybody here used the C&H Precision (CHPWS) optic plates for Sig? Login/Join 
posted
Just bought a 320 X Compact. No interest in using a Sig or DPP optic. Going back and forth between an RMR and 508T V2.

CHPWS makes an adapter plate to accommodate the RMR footprint and has a dovetail made to the plate to allow a rear iron sight. They also sell a set of iron sights made by Dawson Precision in the correct height.

Has anybody here used one of these? Thoughts?

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't answer on their plates for the P320 but I use them on both a G17 G5 MOS and a S&W M&P Core Performance Center. I do like the way it gets rid of the gaps around the front and back of the sights (keeps dirt and debris out). They seem to fit better than the stock plates. I use both with RMR's and would definitely recommend them. By the way they were recommended by other members here in a thread I started a about a month ago about going to a duty gun with the RMR. (thank you to that person)

Posts: 334 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at this from Bobro:

http://www.bobroengineering.co...-LCI-NOTCH_p_51.html

RMR plate with integrated rear sight.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I've been looking at this from Bobro:

http://www.bobroengineering.co...-LCI-NOTCH_p_51.html

RMR plate with integrated rear sight.

Funny you should mention that. I've been reading all day for information on the CHPWS plate.

I came across the Bobro plate several hours ago and have a good collection of pictures of both. Optic height seems negligible between the two. I do like the integrated rear sight and really like that the Bobro can cover up the stupid LCI in my slide.

I'm not sure why you would want an open gap in the chamber precisely where the front of an optic would be on a gun that was designed to have an optic to begin with.

I was actually going to order the Bobro when I noticed they were out of stock. I sent Bobro an email asking for an estimated eta. The CHPWS plates say shipping July 1st, so I assume they are out of stock as well. I'm leaning toward a Holosun 508T V2 for this and I'm sure they won't be out till sometime in July either. So I guess I'll play a game of wait and see.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alyron:
Can't answer on their plates for the P320 but I use them on both a G17 G5 MOS and a S&W M&P Core Performance Center. I do like the way it gets rid of the gaps around the front and back of the sights (keeps dirt and debris out). They seem to fit better than the stock plates. I use both with RMR's and would definitely recommend them. By the way they were recommended by other members here in a thread I started a about a month ago about going to a duty gun with the RMR. (thank you to that person)

From what I gather there is nothing better for a Glock MOS. I admin a large Glock Facebook group and C&H Precision was letting some other mods/admins try them out. I didn't have anything to use one on at the time, so I didn't take them up on it.

posted Hide Post
I have their plate on glock, nicely done. I have the bobro plate on M17 and also nicely done. FWIW

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10970 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I have their plate on glock, nicely done. I have the bobro plate on M17 and also nicely done. FWIW

Are you using irons with the Bobro plate on the M17?

posted Hide Post
Guess the optic part has been settled. Got a good deal on an RM06.

posted Hide Post
I used CHPWS gen 3 plates on my P226 SAO RX to mount an RMR, the first unit had a faulty lug (improper machining) which they immediately replaced with no questions asked. I received the replacement in just two days. It performs perfectly. You need the thicker of the two plate options for the RX cut 226.

Used their plates on one of my X-Carry to mount an RMR as well, zero issues and a rock solid mount.

If using RMR, be sure to also get a sealing plate, if you want full water resistance.

Trijicon customer service specifically endorsed CHPWS plates for the purpose. Trijicon also makes a (steel) plate for the P320, but it is just a bit too short (vertically) for the X-Carry. The RMR is an interference fit with that plate on an X-Carry.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Archer1440:
I used CHPWS gen 3 plates on my P226 SAO RX to mount an RMR, the first unit had a faulty lug (improper machining) which they immediately replaced with no questions asked. I received the replacement in just two days. It performs perfectly. You need the thicker of the two plate options for the RX cut 226.

Used their plates on one of my X-Carry to mount an RMR as well, zero issues and a rock solid mount.

If using RMR, be sure to also get a sealing plate, if you want full water resistance.

Trijicon customer service specifically endorsed CHPWS plates for the purpose. Trijicon also makes a (steel) plate for the P320, but it is just a bit too short (vertically) for the X-Carry. The RMR is an interference fit with that plate on an X-Carry.

This is exactly what I want to do to my p226 rxp. Is there anyway you can post photos? Thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use C&H plates on Glock, M&P CORE, and Walther. They know what they're doing and have great customer service. I wouldn't think twice.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol. This post got resurrected somehow. I ended up using Bobro and CHPWS on two different slides. On an X series or M18/M17 slide, I would use the Bobro again. On an RX slide I would go with chpws again.