SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P226 X5 L1. Will standard P226 Slides work on that frame?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P226 X5 L1. Will standard P226 Slides work on that frame? Login/Join 
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted
I'm considering purchasing a P226 X5 L1 in 40S&W. I'm curious, would I be able to swap one of my standard P226 9mm slides onto the X5, say if I wanted to shoot my P226 RX slide on the X5 frame?

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
SIG P226 X5 L1. Will standard P226 Slides work on that frame?

Answer: Yes.
Just put my P226 Combat slide on the frame of my X6 L1. Fits like a glove.
Update: Well, unfortunately, that's where the fun ends. Due to inner geometry differences, you can't even pull the trigger/lower the hammer. I appears that the Xgun's safety lever does not engage the Combat's firing pin safety lock/block. So, end of fun. Frown

Q

Posts: 26341 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It will go on and fire on my X5 tactical but the safety doesn't engage. I might try it with my legion SAO slide and see if that matches up better inside.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 226 RX conversion slide will fit my X5 frame, and it will fire, but the trigger pull is definitely heavier, and is more erratic in weight. Though it works, I don’t use it that way anymore. I just put the RX slide on my older folded slide 226 and it works fine.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post