SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger MKII 22/45 Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger MKII 22/45 Question Login/Join 
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted
I shot my 22/45 yesterday and it was pretty good fun. I decided that a few more magazines would make it even more fun.

Does anyone know if MK III or MK IV 22/45 mags will work in a MK II ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Magazines seem to be backwards compatible. I removed the mag safety in my mkIII so older mags will also function. I also enjoy the mkii 22/45. The 4" bull barrel version seems to hard to find

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...hp%3ft=1143267&=1

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. I read something on another site that sounded similar .

Mine is a slab side barrel competition target model. 6-7" barrel. Spent some time adjusting the sights yesterday. A target shooter, competition or no, I am not!

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
You made me look at my mags. Most of mine are mkii but I do have a few mkiii (indicated by the cut out at the top to activate the mag safety) but mkii mags can have either knurled or smooth buttons. I believe I read the base on the mkiv changed so may not fit perfect in your mkii 22/45. Mkiii should be cheaper than mkii.

You forgot to post a picture of your weapon sir Wink

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Sorry Confused I'll work on that pic

Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I'll try a mk III and report

Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Yes, the MK III mags will work in my Mk II 22/45.
O happy day!

posted Hide Post
Also check out www.rugerforum.net as another option for answers to anything Ruger. A friend recently bought a newly Ruger 22/45 Tactical and immediately fell in love with it.

IMHO, Ruger semi autos, Ruger revolvers and Henry lever action rifles make excellent .22lr stable mates.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 230 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Yes MK III mags will work in the MK II.
I love my 22/45! Bought it new in 2000 for $240.00. Haven't had an issue, ever. 5" bull barrel & I don't mind breaking it down for cleaning or reassembly. Superbly accurate too.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post