SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig FINALLY releases new P210A - the "Standard"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig FINALLY releases new P210A - the "Standard" Login/Join 
Picture of JBird679
posted
Just saw this post from Osage. MSRP is *MAYBE* only $1250, and it looks to be the exact same as the Target model but standard contrast sights and without the big grips that many don't like! I'm glad they finally put out a new model and are still developing the P210A line. They have a winner here.

EDIT 1: MSRP still unknown per OCG below.
EDIT 2: I see it also doesn't have front slide serrations.

https://www.osagecountyguns.co...0-standard-210a-9-b/

source: Osage, same as the link above

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We don't actually know what MSRP is. It wasn't provided to us yet. The price we posted was a rough estimate.

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It'll be interesting to see what the trigger comes in at. The trigger on my Target is scary light. As in: Sometimes I forget just how light and accidentally drop the hammer in just trying to take up the take-up. (Not with a live round... yet?)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Lame. Really. Folks have been waiting for the Supertarget (6") and the Carry (4 - 4.4"), not a cosmetically changed 5" gun.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Couldn’t agree more. Pass.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Eh, I dunno. People carry Government 1911s, so why not a 5" P210?

I can see the reasoning behind it. Change the grips and sights, and, one hopes, the trigger pull a bit, and *bam*: Target gun becomes carry gun. Easy peasy.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The first P210 that attracts my interest.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
It'll be interesting to see what the trigger comes in at. The trigger on my Target is scary light. As in: Sometimes I forget just how light and accidentally drop the hammer in just trying to take up the take-up. (Not with a live round... yet?)

Classic P210, really.

I'm still holding out for the Carry, myself, but it'll be interesting to see where pricing goes on the Standard. If Osage's estimate is reasonably accurate (and yes, that's just Osage's estimate), then street prices might look pretty good - especially if the basis of comparison is one of the many 9mm 1911s out there.

ETA: Huh - not really sure what to make of this but...definitely no word on the Carry yet, and, per CS, "MAP, which is what the dealers get, is supposed to be $1099". I thought MAP was sorta like the MSRP, only SIG will get pissed if dealers don't retail at that price?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I probably won’t be able to resist the carry version. I can pass on this one.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Lame. Really. Folks have been waiting for the Supertarget (6") and the Carry (4 - 4.4"), not a cosmetically changed 5" gun.

Hey Q, see anything here that you like? There are two P210 6" in the back row. I took this pic at the Sig Sauer booth at IWA this year. There were a number of interesting pistols there this year.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Merc50, you forgot this one, which I really want, the Skeleton P210. Pics were sent to me by member 220parts, who also was there. Big Grin

The 6" Super Target German is already in my inventory. I really want SIG USA to come out with their own Supertarget, so that I can do a comparative evaluation with the German 6" Super Target and the long slide Swiss P210-5LS.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I like that. If that price is close, I'll probably jump at one eventually.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My pic of the P210 Skelton shows it beside the P210 Midnight. But, the quality of my pics don't compare to the ones you have posted. Guess I had to wipe the drool off my camera phone a few times.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Merc50, you forgot this one, which I really want, the Skeleton P210. Pics were sent to me by member 220parts, who also was there. Big Grin

Eek Eek Eek

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
Eek Eek Eek

Yeah, that was my expression, too. I know some purists poo poo at the butchering of the classic, but I love it. Same old same old is boring. Big Grin

Q

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:

The 6" Super Target German is already in my inventory. I really want SIG USA to come out with their own Supertarget, so that I can do a comparative evaluation with the German 6" Super Target and the long slide Swiss P210-5LS.

Wow that skeleton is wicked. Should end up in the movies!

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
The grips on the Target model seemed to be holding a lot of people back. Aftermarket grips are finally available, but you'd have to buy the pistol for $1450 plus $100+ for smaller grips, and it's unlikely you'd be able to sell the take-offs to recoup some cash. The ability to get a P210 for *maybe* $1250 sounds pretty awesome to me.

Also, I recall seeing the Target model briefly for ~$1250, so perhaps a good sale price would put this one closer to $1100-ish which would be amazing. Although, the lower price will increase demand so this is highly unlikely.

I won't be buying this model as I'm also in the camp that is holding out for a Supertarget and possibly the Carry depending on specs, but I'm glad Sig is expanding the P210A line.

ensigmatic: Regarding the trigger, the spec sheet says "target grade trigger" which is the same way it's listed on the Target model, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
This is the model I have been waiting for as the bigger grip was never attractive to me. A few hundred bucks less is great too!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by striker1:
Eek Eek Eek

Yeah, that was my expression, too. I know some purists poo poo at the butchering of the classic, but I love it. Same old same old is boring. Big Grin

There's no question it looks bitchin' cool. The "butchering of a classic" wouldn't be the show-stopper for me. The price would. Hell, I'm still kind of surprised at myself for popping for the P210A Target, TBH.

quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
ensigmatic: Regarding the trigger, the spec sheet says "target grade trigger" which is the same way it's listed on the Target model, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Wow. That trigger is way too light for a carry piece, IMHO.

posted Hide Post
I would have thought the front sight to fit better...

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post