SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig FINALLY releases new P210A - the "Standard"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig FINALLY releases new P210A - the "Standard" Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just call the new variant the P211. Problem solved. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Lame. Really. Folks have been waiting for the Supertarget (6") and the Carry (4 - 4.4"), not a cosmetically changed 5" gun.

I concur. They’ve been leading us to believe a 6” Super is on the way and now we get this.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
After how many of the changes people have requested is it no longer recognizable as a P210, I wonder?

Well, hell, I've seen AR's that are nearly unrecognizable as such and they're still AR's.
And none of my 1911's are the same, lots of different mods, but they're still 1911's.
So I guess whatever we dream about for on the 210A's will be okay.
Some people don't consider them to be 210's anyway.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLC762:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
After how many of the changes people have requested is it no longer recognizable as a P210, I wonder?

Well, hell, I've seen AR's that are nearly unrecognizable as such and they're still AR's.
And none of my 1911's are the same, lots of different mods, but they're still 1911's.
So I guess whatever we dream about for on the 210A's will be okay.
Some people don't consider them to be 210's anyway.

I concur that hashing about the model designation is silly. Whether an “A” model or one that comes out of the E.U., which most of the pics cover in this thread, innovate or perish is the rule in business.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I swapped the grips on my P210A for a set made by grips4u.com. I have stubby fingers, and the new grips greatly improve the feel of the gun in my hand. I must say, it shoots very well, too!

Of course, the original is no slouch, either.

I'm already saving my nickels for the Carry version!

Posts: 131 | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
I think your original is uber cool!

I'll buy when they make one without a beavertail.

Posts: 383 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the rare occasions when I eat steak, at most I might add a bit of salt.

Pistols are used for a number of different activities. One of them is Bullseye (now the politically correct term is Precision) competition. Rules allow use of red-dot sights and I can not remember the last time I saw a competitor using iron sights. The demonstrated accuracy of the 210 is sufficient for Bullseye - but it needs to have means for attaching a red-dot sight.

As is, wonderful for plinking and other fun activities, but not yet ready for Bullseye.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HawkeyeJohn:
I think your original is uber cool!

I'll buy when they make one without a beavertail.

So look for a Switzer.

I have an "original" P210-6. A majority of the people I have let try it out were subject to hammer bite and I am sure they would appreciate the beavertail. Fortunately I am not.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
Pistols are used for a number of different activities. One of them is Bullseye (now the politically correct term is Precision) competition. Rules allow use of red-dot sights and I can not remember the last time I saw a competitor using iron sights.

They ought to have separate classes for iron sights and optics, IMO. Call them... I dunno... "Bullseye" and "Precision?" Smile

quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
The demonstrated accuracy of the 210 is sufficient for Bullseye - but it needs to have means for attaching a red-dot sight.

Gag

IMO, of course Smile

Then again my desire for the P210A Target was as much for its quality, lines, similarity to the legacy P210s, etc. as much as its accuracy. In all truthfulness: I'm more a small-scale collector than a shooter and, while I suppose I'm better than the average shot (if what I see at the ranges is any guide), I'm not good enough to really do the P210A Target justice. (Though I'm working on it.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post