SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig FINALLY releases new P210A - the "Standard"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig FINALLY releases new P210A - the "Standard" Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
https://sportwaffen-triebel.de/en/sig-sauer/p210?p=1

Midnight 6"

Midnight 5" full LDC

Skeleton Black

Skeleton White

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, not a single model with an ambi safety?? Bummer.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Merc50, you forgot this one, which I really want, the Skeleton P210.

Q - I’m looking forward to the range report!

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I would've thought the Skeleton Black would look a lot better than the Skeleton White, but (IMHO) it's the other way around. OTOH, that Midnight 6" looks amazing.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need one that's has 4" barrel and SAS treatment. and probably night sights. if they can get those out at $8-900, probably be a good seller.

sig nut', haulin' 3 sig 228's

Posts: 264 | Location: over lookin' beach and border | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bushmonkey9:
Need one that's has 4" barrel and SAS treatment. and probably night sights. if they can get those out at $8-900, probably be a good seller.

Yup, I’d buy one

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Not to thread drift, but does anyone have a photo or two of the new SIG P226 Performance X-Five exhibited at IWA?

BTW, if SIG introduced the P210 Midnight but chopped an inch off the frame/slide/barrel, put regular grips on it (black finish is fine) and night sights... that would make a killer P210 Carry, which I'd have to buy.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Not to thread drift, but does anyone have a photo or two of the new SIG P226 Performance X-Five exhibited at IWA?...

Not sure why they name it the Performance, because it sure looks just like the Supermatch, at least externally. I like the Facettes myself.

https://www.all4shooters.com/d...p226-und-p210-basis/

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I saw that photo and thought the same thing. The description only mentions the grips are laser cutout... come on, really, that’s the major improvement?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, if SIG introduced the P210 Midnight but chopped an inch off the frame/slide/barrel, put regular grips on it (black finish is fine) and night sights... that would make a killer P210 Carry, which I'd have to buy.

Hmmm. With or without the full lower dust cover? I could see it either way, myself.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not to thread drift, but does anyone have a photo or two of the new SIG P226 Performance X-Five exhibited at IWA?

Two pics of the P226 Performance X-Five from IWA, in the second pic its the one at the top, taken from the back-side. Next year I'll plan to take a small camera, vs phone pics.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Merc50,

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

Hmmm. With or without the full lower dust cover? I could see it either way, myself.

Either would be fine with me. Took SIG a few years to swap sights and put standard grips on the Target model to make the Standard edition, so I’m not holding my breath.

posted Hide Post
Serious target shooting with P210 (Bullseye) - now called Precision competition - uses a quality red-dot sight - not iron sights.

Cut down the rear bump and provide means to attach quality red-dot sight (include target grips) and SIG might have something for the Bullseye people.

As is this accurate pistol is too large and heavy for many carry roles and serious over kill in action shooting. It could be ideal in Bullseye. Just an opinion.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
Serious target shooting with P210 (Bullseye) - now called Precision competition - uses a quality red-dot sight - not iron sights.

Cut down the rear bump and provide means to attach quality red-dot sight (include target grips) and SIG might have something for the Bullseye people.

As is this accurate pistol is too large and heavy for many carry roles and serious over kill in action shooting. It could be ideal in Bullseye. Just an opinion.

This is blasphemy and I know it, but I wonder if a micro red dot could be mounted ahead of the hump and behind the chamber. That would keep it relatively low and both allow the use of the factory irons and keep the presentation relatively consistent. Obviously it would require a different slide design.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A great idea. Something close to this is done on M&P9 Pro CORE (not M2.0) One could use iron sights or red-dot sight.

The result of implementing your idea could be a pistol to fit Bullseye and the iron sight events.

I expect that some of the hump would need to go.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought the 210A Target two days ago, and yes I’m going to put the smaller, grip frame length stocks on it.
Without having shot it, I so stupid like this thing that the first carry version my dealer gets in WILL go home with me.
I hear some talking about the trigger being too light for a carry gun, and I do hope the carry version adds about a pound of trigger weight, but my new Nighthawk T4 has a tad lighter trigger than MY 210A Target.
Did I mention I like this gun?!

Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

Either would be fine with me. Took SIG a few years to swap sights and put standard grips on the Target model to make the Standard edition, so I’m not holding my breath.

Ditto!

I could stand a different safety lever too.
I shoot mostly 1911's lately using a high thumb hold.
That type of hold feels good on my 210A, probably feel better when I get the new service grips that I ordered, but the safety on mine is too sharp.
Wider and smoother would be good.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
After how many of the changes people have requested is it no longer recognizable as a P210, I wonder?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Red dot on a P210?
Do you put ketchup on your well done steak also? Eek

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Hey, there's at least a functional argument for the concept. Don't encourage SIG in their tendency to lock ideas into pigeonholes like "the 220 Match MUST be a target pistol rather than an excellent defensive pistol!"
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
After how many of the changes people have requested is it no longer recognizable as a P210, I wonder?

I don't know - how many variations of the P220 have we seen over the years? It ain't no Model 75 anymore, that's for sure!