SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365XL light and Red Dot?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365XL light and Red Dot? Login/Join 
posted
Just bought, cleaned and shot my new P365XL. Functioned well except the first few mags not fully returning to battery. After a few mags it functioned great. My question is this; would a Red Dot function (as far as seeing the red dot) while using a light? I EDC a P365 but was thinking about the XL for the nightstand. I have already ordered a rail attachment for a light and started to think about a Red Dot. All opinions on this combo are also welcomed. Thanks!

Posts: 15 | Registered: September 29, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the setup you are talking about is a slide mounted red dot (like a Trijicon RMR) and a frame mounted light then yes it works fine. We shoot in low light regularly in the tactical matches and there are no issues with this. The one thing that does come up (and you can see it in the other thread on red dot's for dummies) is that autoadjust (at least on an RMR) can't cope well with this in many circumstances. But a manually set brightness makes all work fine.
FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will look up Red Dots for dummies. Off hand, do you know if the Holoson 507k is an auto adjust or manual?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mgriffin:
I will look up Red Dots for dummies. Off hand, do you know if the Holoson 507k is an auto adjust or manual?

From Holosun website specs;
Th
he Holosun 507K Red Dot Sight uses a high capacity lithium battery to power the optic, ensuring you’ll always have a reliable point of aim in the field. These optics are designed with Shake Awake technology that senses motion to power the sight on and off, and last setting recall ensures you don’t lose your customized options once the unit powers down. These optics are designed with Shake Awake technology that senses motion to power the sight on and off, and last setting recall ensures you don’t lose your customized options once the unit powers down. This model offers up to 50,000 hours of battery life. Holosun’s Multi-Reticle System (MRS) gives the option of a 2MOA dot only, 32MOA ring only or ring with dot reticle. All versions are projected from the same LED, so no re-zeroing is needed when changing reticles. Enhance your shooting skills and create a better experience at the range by equipping your pocket pistol with a Holosun HS507K Red Dot Sight.

posted Hide Post
OK YES! just got a email from Opticsplanet and the Romeo Zero just has been shipped! not bad, Sept 1rst 2019 ordered it, and shipped March 14 2020, Im just happy its coming!
Now if Sig would make 10 round Magazine for 365XL available would be perfect! Just epoxied in a spacer in the 12 round mag till I get get official 10 round, dont think NJ accepts a epoxy mag as being legal ?

Posts: 13 | Registered: June 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The shake awake feature is not the same as the original question about auto adjust. I tried to look it up for you but the holoson website is not working for grabbing the manual at the moment.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbdjr:
OK YES! just got a email from Opticsplanet and the Romeo Zero just has been shipped! not bad, Sept 1rst 2019 ordered it, and shipped March 14 2020, Im just happy its coming!
Now if Sig would make 10 round Magazine for 365XL available would be perfect! Just epoxied in a spacer in the 12 round mag till I get get official 10 round, dont think NJ accepts a epoxy mag as being legal ?

Ten round mag here:
https://osagecountyguns.com/si...l-10rd-magazine.html

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post