New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P230/232 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I love how Japanese police departments adopted it but insisted on it being .32 ACP instead of .380

Cute little popgun Big Grin

Didn’t they also do this with one of their 7.62mm battle rifles? Decided that 7.62mm NATO was too much for their average soldier and came up with some sort of downloaded homebrew round?

Must be a cultural thing.

Not sure it was a cultural thing. I have a 232 in 7.62, never fired, without the Japanese enhancements.

Posts: 931 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:

Not sure it was a cultural thing. I have a 232 in 7.62, never fired, without the Japanese enhancements.

You mean 7.65? 7.65mm is .32 ACP

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:

You mean 7.65? 7.65mm is .32 ACP

Typo, yes I meant 7.65.

Posts: 931 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've shot the .380, and like most .380 blowback guns I thought it kind of "meh". But one of these in .32...that I could get excited about! It is indeed a sexy pistol, and would make a really nice companion to my Beretta 81.

Posts: 8531 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Just to remind y'all and brag...

you could have had one, albeit in .380, right here last year... auctioned off on this site.

the one I posted a picture of on the previous page is nicely snuggled away in a safe but my 'working' one goes with me and the dogs every once and a while on our daily walks.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P232 all stainless steel soaks up the recoil of the 380 nicely, although it is a little snappy. Now, I've never fired the alloy framed version in either caliber but am certain the 32 would be more pleasant than the 380 in that setup.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
My P232 all stainless steel soaks up the recoil of the 380 nicely, although it is a little snappy. Now, I've never fired the alloy framed version in either caliber but am certain the 32 would be more pleasant than the 380 in that setup.

Have you tried the Hogue rubber wrap-around grips w/finger grooves ? They are on all my 232's that I carry or range shoot, huge difference.

posted Hide Post
I actually have the Hogue checkered black shiny aluminum grips on mine. They look outstanding!

posted Hide Post
quote:
I actually have the Hogue checkered black shiny aluminum grips on mine. They look outstanding!

I have the Hogue checkered aluminum grips as well. They look and feel outstanding. Plus, they do not add any unnecessary bulk to the gun.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The stainless one I carried for years came with Hogue grips and so I never had a chance to compare the difference between them and factory. Now it has a set of Crimson Trace Grips with laser, which feel and are pretty much the same. The one I got from here with the wood grips I won't change out and actually have never shot and don't plan to.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not all of us think the heel plate mag release is a BAD thing. Instead, some prefer it.

Tango Alpha Leather Goods

Posts: 97 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On small frame semi's for concealed carry iprefer it. The 230/232 pistols are one the most snag free pistols out there.

Posts: 156 | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am with you guys preferring the heel mag release on the 230/232. That mag stays fully seated with that setup. Same with the Makarov.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I too am with you guys preferring the heel mag release on the 230/232. That mag stays fully seated with that setup. Same with the Makarov.

The heel mag release doesn't bother me on a gun like the 230/232.

There are some advantages, the principle one being there is no way someone is going to drop that mag unintentionally.

The 230/232 is from a place and time where it was considered highly improbable a policeman would be engaged in a high volume firefight with his service pistol.

I've been fortunate to own a few 230 and 232s. They are indeed beautiful guns. Their triggers and ergonomics put them at the top of their class but if someone favored the Beretta 84/85 series I would not argue.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gas226
posted Hide Post
Super sexy guns but it’s impressive how far that we’ve come forward in design that the 365 is smaller and carries more of a bigger caliber although not as sexy… and then you have the LCP2 which is about the size of a 21a… still there is something to say about classic and beautiful guns.

Posts: 432 | Location: Miami | Registered: August 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 230/232 is from a place and time where it was considered highly improbable a policeman would be engaged in a high volume firefight with his service pistol.

The 230/232 was usually the bug. Not service pistol {many rode in ankle holsters}

This message has been edited. Last edited by: roym,

Posts: 58 | Registered: October 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I own Walther PP's, Sig P230's, Beretta 81/84/85m CZ83's, etc. I love them all. They're just the perfect mid-frame size....point naturally in hand

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post