Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P230/232 Login/Join 
posted
I recently picked a couple of of Sigs. A P232 SL and a P232.
The 230 sl is all stainless reciever and slide.
The 232 has the blued slide with aluminum reciever.
My queston is is the 232 slide stainless with a blued finish?

Posts: 156 | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
no...it is carbon steel blue'd...unless it was changed from when it was made...nice job with your acquisition

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. The 230 is KG dated and the 232 is KH dated. One year apart and yet so differant. Mananged to get some extra mags with each.

Posts: 156 | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
As I've stated here before... this is the pistol if Ian Fleming knew anything about handguns as well as women James Bond should have carried.

It is the sexiest semi-auto there is. All curves.

This is the one 'Safe Queen' I have:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the west german P230SL. To me the prettiest pistol made and a significant upgrade over my old stainless ppk/s, while a nice looking pistol, never reliable enough to consider as an edc for me . My 230SL is KD dated and sports Hogue G10 checkered Grips. Would love to get a set of those Nils.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
As I've stated here before... this is the pistol if Ian Fleming knew anything about handguns as well as women James Bond should have carried.

Sadly, Ian Fleming died in 1964 . . . 13 years before the introduction of the P230.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paulbriand:
+1 on the west german P230SL. To me the prettiest pistol made and a significant upgrade over my old stainless ppk/s, while a nice looking pistol, never reliable enough to consider as an edc for me . My 230SL is KD dated and sports Hogue G10 checkered Grips. Would love to get a set of those Nils.

Curious what sorts of reliablity issues your's has/had?

This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickcok-Mathew Quigley

Posts: 6 | Location: The Highlands | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hairy Clipper:
quote:

My PPK/S had feeding issues with just about any ammo and the safety decocker was defective. Sent it back to walther 3x and finally gave up on it.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I bought a Walther PPK the same day I bought the Sig P230 (trying to buy a pistol my wife would like.. mistake!) The Walther is a pretty little thing and mine, stainless steel made by Interarms, has always functioned flawlessly.... the slide will scrape the top of my hand if I don't pay attention to my grip and because I had been shooting Ruger P's that were decock only and the Sig P230 was the same... I realized that there was no real need for that little floppy thing on the side that had to be up with the red dot showing to fire the gun....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just shot a Sig 232 for the first time yesterday. They are dead-sexy. Seriously. But 7 or 8 rounds, so-so sights, and 380 (9mm kurz)? Heel plate safety? No thanks.

They were never made in 9mm? One of those, with a traditional mag release, might have ended up in my safe just because I'd admire how it looks.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
be interesting to see chronograph results compared to a 238 {barrel length differences} also chronograph comparison to a 938. How close to the 9mm {9 x 19} can the longer barrel get with a 380.{9 x 17}

This message has been edited. Last edited by: roym,

Posts: 58 | Registered: October 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Heel plate safety? No thanks.

Agree. But a heel-plate mag release, now ...

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

They were never made in 9mm?

I assume you meant 9x19 Parabellum 9mm?

No, that round is too much for a blowback gun like the P230/P232; the slide would have to be like 2-3 times the size and it would end up looking like a German Hi-Point Frown

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
toivo. Obviously not properly caffeinated. I mean heal plate mag release.

PASig. In the US of A, 9mm generally is accepted to mean 9x19 Parabellum. But I suspect you knew that.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

PASig. In the US of A, 9mm generally is
quote:
accepted to mean 9x19 Parabellum. But I suspect you knew that.
Roll Eyes

Why did you have to give me an eye roll when I tried to explain to you why this pistol couldn’t be made in 9x19 rather than 9x17 9mm Short?

Don’t like being called out?

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

PASig. In the US of A, 9mm generally is
quote:
accepted to mean 9x19 Parabellum. But I suspect you knew that.
Roll Eyes

Why did you have to give me an eye roll when I tried to explain to you why this pistol couldn’t be made in 9x19 rather than 9x17 9mm Short?

Don’t like being called out?

I appreciate the explanation of why 9x19 would not work in that pistol. Thanks.

I really do like the look and feel of that gun, but no way, no how I'm getting into another caliber...especially these days.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hairy Clipper:
quote:

My PPK/S had feeding issues with just about any ammo and the safety decocker was defective. Sent it back to walther 3x and finally gave up on it.

Thank you for relaying your experience with the PPK/s, I do appreciate it. I have fired wartime PPK and PP models using a variety of US and European ammunition and have had no problems ... so far.

This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickcok-Mathew Quigley

Posts: 6 | Location: The Highlands | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have a gun blue book that says the P230s were made in 9x19 and it seems I may have seen that they were issued somewhere... but don't hold me to it. I've never seen one and it is what I looked for for a long time.

I think the closest one can get to a P230/232 in 9x19 is the P239 which I love... heck lets do a look comparison...

you know when put side by side there is very little comparison... so I might have to stand up corrected... but I do like both.
EDIT: I don't know if any of you p239 gurus will catch it or if you could but that is really not a 9x19 one ... it is actually 357 sig. I was too lazy to dig out a 9mm.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I have a gun blue book that says the P230s were made in 9x19 and it seems I may have seen that they were issued somewhere... but don't hold me to it. I've never seen one and it is what I looked for for a long time.

I think the closest one can get to a P230/232 in 9x19 is the P239 which I love... heck lets do a look comparison...

you know when put side by side there is very little comparison... so I might have to stand up corrected... but I do like both.
EDIT: I don't know if any of you p239 gurus will catch it or if you could but that is really not a 9x19 one ... it is actually 357 sig. I was too lazy to dig out a 9mm.

Some were made in 9x18mm Ultra. I don't think any were made in 9x19 Parabellum due to the particulars of the blowback operating system.

They are nice shooters and an interesting piece of history.

For the first 7 or 8 shots the heel mag release is not really and issue. Of course, if the goes long than that it might be.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I love how Japanese police departments adopted it but insisted on it being .32 ACP instead of .380

Cute little popgun Big Grin

Didn’t they also do this with one of their 7.62mm battle rifles? Decided that 7.62mm NATO was too much for their average soldier and came up with some sort of downloaded homebrew round?

Must be a cultural thing.