SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got my 43X with black slide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got my 43X with black slide Login/Join 
posted
I apologize as I could not find the thread I "thought" was on this Forum about the 43x with a black slide.

But, anyhow, I bought one today, $479 plus tax and background check ($5) out the door. Thought it was a fair price and I got it.

I have read a couple of reviews that discuss the "feel" of this gun with its slightly longer grip and I think they are right in saying it just feels "good." It certainly feels different, to me, from the regular 43 grip, feels more comfortable.

I hope to shoot it Monday or Tuesday and I want to have my favorite sights, the Trijicon HDs with yellow front, put on.

I could have gotten the 48 with the black slide, but I thought it was a bit long for AIWB carry, at least for me. I sold my 19 simply because it was just too big to carry concealed and let my 43 go, too, since I was determined to try the 43X. I did keep my 42 for a "just in case" gun.

Anyway, I guess my point is that they are available now, at least in limited quantities. I'd been told by the "biggest" dealer here in TampaBay that I'd probably have to wait a month or two to find one. I was pretty happy that turned out not to be the case.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I didn’t think I would like the 43X. Full grip really makes it a perfect fit.
Vickers tactical slide release is the best upgrade for the $. Add Vickers flat trigger and polish the trigger bar == perfection.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here; I didn't think much of the G43X concept when it came out. Capacity doesn't match the P365, pistol same height as a G19, if I want thin, already have a G43.

Picking one up was reminiscent of a HKP7, so far as the dimensions (but nothing like a P7 in function of course). Short length for pocket or waistband carry, longer grip for control, capacity, and after getting one and shooting it, I found it made a lot of sense.

I picked up the G43X and G48; I wanted to try them, found them both barely used (as in I don't think either one had more than a magazine fired through them, if that). One had a specialty all-black set of sights installed, which I removed for yellow Trijicon XR's.

Turns out it fits perfectly in the pocket. I'd have preferred a black slide, but got both at such a good deal and the timing was right, I'm fine with the silver.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post