SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Larry Vickers review on the Luago Alien pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Larry Vickers review on the Luago Alien pistol Login/Join 
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted
I thought LAV had some insightful points on this interesting pistol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5m0sHoTP3e0

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Definitely a range toy. I thought Larry provided a well balanced review and pointed out some shortcomings, particularly the difficulty switching between the Laugo Alien and a defensive pistol. While he did mention how dirty the pistol gets, like other piston driven designs, he failed to mention how hot it gets after several mags.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Seems like a fun pistol.

Hoping they will make one for my budget someday...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a pretty wild design.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Alien is a very cool pistol

I love mine

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Its very accurate, sights don't move with the slide, not much muzzle flip, such a nice trigger that it magnifies operator errors, it gets dirty fast,
and you have to clean it.

Reminds me of my S&W M41.

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
In that price realm the one that still peaks my interest to s the FK Brno (the original all steel one). The alien is wicked cool but for some reason I am drawn to that 7.5fk and that is not generally like me.

Now I really dig the removable top straps in the Alien.

It’s all pretty moot though as they both cross a price threshold that even I with the financial sense of a third world nation getting funded by a first world nation have a hard time justifying.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
In that price realm the one that still peaks my interest to s the FK Brno (the original all steel one). The alien is wicked cool but for some reason I am drawn to that 7.5fk and that is not generally like me.

I like both Wink

posted Hide Post
Somebody _used_ to have some money!

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -

Posts: 687 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
Dang, this forum never ceases to amaze me. That's a nice pair of firearms right there, congrats.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrojanX4:
Dang, this forum never ceases to amaze me. That's a nice pair of firearms right there, congrats.

Thanks

Yes, they are making some nice pistols in the Czech Republic these days. Very high quality

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous pair.

Honestly however, as far as pure looks go, kinda pedestrian compared to some of your stuff. Smile Razz

You have amazing collection of gorgeous and interesting pieces.

Take care, shoot safe
Chris

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Gorgeous pair.

Honestly however, as far as pure looks go, kinda pedestrian compared to some of your stuff. Smile Razz

You have amazing collection of gorgeous and interesting pieces.

Take care, shoot safe
Chris
Thanks Chris

I agree on the looks. I think the Czech pistols are cool looking, but there are far nicer looking pistols that came out of other countries over the years.

posted Hide Post
What are some of your favorite 9mm pistols? You have such an impressive collection. A true connaisseur!

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Its very accurate, sights don't move with the slide, not much muzzle flip, such a nice trigger that it magnifies operator errors, it gets dirty fast,
and you have to clean it.

Reminds me of my S&W M41.

Pretty good analogy. Both are really dedicated match pistols where the design compromises the designers made can be fully justified.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are both beautiful guns, not so much for their looks as for their uniqueness and quality.

They are testaments to the art and science of gun making.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I believe I read that the same company that designed this Alien pistol, is the same company that designed the CZ Scorpion. Outside the box thinking... maybe even a John Moses Browning (of our time) designing guns for that company???

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What’s outside the box in regards to the CZ Skorpian??? Seems like a pretty by the books PCC or SMG (I believe there is a full auto variant).

Or were you talking about the VZ Skorpian (the .32acp machine pistol) which I do agree is pretty outside the box.

posted Hide Post
I was referring to the Fk Brno and the Alien.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I believe I read that the same company that designed this Alien pistol, is the same company that designed the CZ Scorpion. Outside the box thinking... maybe even a John Moses Browning (of our time) designing guns for that company???

Not the company. It’s the same guy, actually.