SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P226 Slide Play/Wiggle Normal?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P226 Slide Play/Wiggle Normal? Login/Join 
Picture of ducatiti
posted
So I have 150 rounds on my new Sig P226 Elite Scorpion and noticed slide play when pressing on top of the slide... Is this normal?

https://youtu.be/xDli2UvhKMI

Posts: 56 | Registered: June 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
"Normal", yes.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
"Normal", yes.

Thanks. So all P226’s have the questioned play?

Picture of ducatiti
posted Hide Post
To come and think of it, I just noticed this when I used oil instead of grease after my first trip to the range. I had grease on previously, maybe masked a bit of the play.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ducatiti:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
"Normal", yes.

Thanks. So all P226’s have the questioned play?

They have varying degrees of play. Some are rattlers. Others tight as a drum. As long as they work, don't care. Some of the Xguns that I had were rattlers. Yes, fancy Xguns. But, who cares.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What matters is the barrel/slide lock up. As long as that's tight, there's no effects. Frankly, my '94 P229 rattles like crazy but shoots great. It actually has less rail wear after thousands of rounds than a '98 P229 that is tight and only maybe 200 rounds.

You'll probably also notice no play with a full mag inserted.

So stop playing with your gun before you go blind! Go shoot it instead!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'll bet if you take the slide off and the recoil spring out, leave the barrel in the slide and try to wiggle it, it won't have any play. This lockup is much more important for accuracy than the slide to frame fit.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
It's not abnormal.

Use grease not oil. SIGs like a good amount of grease on them.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...30601935/m/908103701

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some play is normal. Sigs are supposed to have grease on the frame rails, not oil. A light grease is what works well in most climates and use......tw 25B is popular as well as others.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post