SIGforum
Pick up a few German guns today.....and a Hellcat

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2820039084

March 31, 2021, 03:44 PM
usncorpsman
Pick up a few German guns today.....and a Hellcat
The first is a Walther Q4 Steel frame. All I can say is this is one heavy gun with a sweet trigger. It should be very flat shooting.

The next is a Sig Elite Match in 45 ACP. I predict this will be another good shooter.

Finally is a little Hellcat Optics Ready 9mm. I had an extra 507k lying around that needed a gun Big Grin. It feels good in the hand. Let’s see if it gives my 365 XL with 507k a run for its money. My 365 is one of the easiest shooting micro compacts I have ever fired.

March 31, 2021, 06:35 PM
P-220
Congratulations, nice score!

Lovin' that P-220. I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
March 31, 2021, 07:31 PM
BuddyChryst
That all cost you a pretty penny!

Be aware of the Hellcat, certain ways of pulling the trigger can apparently bind it up. My buddy got a couple and I was trying them out. I have large hands and something about the way I do the trigger press wouldn’t allow the safety blade to retract fully before the trigger moved rearward and it would prevent the trigger pull. Apparently it’s been reported by others. Dunno if it’s due to out of spec parts or design issue or what. Maybe they’ve already made a change? I don’t know.

Anyway, nice pick ups!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy
March 31, 2021, 07:37 PM
hberttmank
Nice scores!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock
March 31, 2021, 10:48 PM
rambo
Beautiful photography! What is your secret?

rambo

April 03, 2021, 11:41 AM
djpaintles
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
That all cost you a pretty penny!

Be aware of the Hellcat, certain ways of pulling the trigger can apparently bind it up. My buddy got a couple and I was trying them out. I have large hands and something about the way I do the trigger press wouldn’t allow the safety blade to retract fully before the trigger moved rearward and it would prevent the trigger pull. Apparently it’s been reported by others. Dunno if it’s due to out of spec parts or design issue or what. Maybe they’ve already made a change? I don’t know.

Anyway, nice pick ups!

30 seconds of judicious filing fixes this issue. If you aren't comfortable with where and what to file have a Smith do it for you. Makes a big difference.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
April 03, 2021, 01:29 PM
pedropcola
Nice guns. Personal pet peeve. I hate optic plate guns that put the sights on the plate. It’s a workable solution but it’s not an elegant one.
April 03, 2021, 06:17 PM
.38supersig
Sweet lookin P220 ya got there.

April 03, 2021, 09:47 PM
usncorpsman
quote:
Originally posted by rambo:
Beautiful photography! What is your secret?

rambo

iPhone......I’m not kidding either.
April 03, 2021, 10:39 PM
Jester814
Springfield Hellcat. Made in... Croatia??? What?

April 03, 2021, 11:37 PM
cslinger
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:

ALL of the XD type guns have been made in Croatia since the original XD9 that was just a rebadged HS2000. HS Product does seem to make a solid product. I had an early HS2000 and it was a great gun and a HELLUVA a bargain back then.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
April 08, 2021, 09:20 PM
Anubismp
Love my hellcat. A buddy and coworker has one and had the trigger binding issue. We narrowed it to his trigger pull. After some correction, he is trouble-free. I haven't had any issues through around maybe a thousand rounds.
April 08, 2021, 09:42 PM
Cobra21
Wow...I see a Match Elite in my future. Very nice.

Risk the consequences of honesty...
April 09, 2021, 03:02 AM
monoblok
Yup, that Match Elite is definitely a sweet looking classic. Makes me lust for another P220, though for me with an old school thick solid trigger shoe. So fiscally unhealthy this craving business!

The SF Walthers are indeed fine shooters; I did enjoy my experiences with them a few months back, even though I tended to get a bit nitpicky about some mushiness with their triggers (particularly for the money). I was tempted by the Q5 SFs though, but instead went in a different direction with the 92X Performance. But the Q5 SF Pro still gnaws at me every so often. Again, an unhealthy feeling...oh not so good for my retirement fund.

As for the little guy, I understand why folks like the Hellcat having finally shot one a couple of weeks ago. Still don't like its potential for the trigger binding up, but at least there's physical fixes available beyond just relying upon training with repetitive placement discipline of the trigger finger. I do admit that I still decidedly prefer my P365 and my G43X over the Hellcat. Despite owning a few I've never been that strong of a fan of the HS-sourced guns and I currently don't care much for SA given their past political shenanigans. But objectively any of the three little tykes would potentially make for an excellent convenience conceal weapon.

Said by the guy who still will pick and carry his scruffy and slightly pitted G23 over any of those puny nines... Wink

-MG
April 09, 2021, 05:50 PM
Anubismp
Oh by the way the new PDP is the heat if anyone is interested in a new Walther.
April 11, 2021, 02:10 PM
MMSIG229
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:

ALL of the XD type guns have been made in Croatia since the original XD9 that was just a rebadged HS2000. HS Product does seem to make a solid product. I had an early HS2000 and it was a great gun and a HELLUVA a bargain back then.

Yep, dummy me could have practically stolen a brand new one years ago. If I remember correctly it was a couple of hundred dollars less than the comperable Glock.
April 14, 2021, 04:04 PM
RC Fan
Love the P220!

Sure looks like a P220 SAO Elite 10mm Nitron, perhaps converted to .45ACP?

My P220 Match Elite is stainless, not Nitron.

Cathy
April 19, 2021, 09:33 PM
usncorpsman
quote:
Originally posted by RC Fan:
Love the P220!

Sure looks like a P220 SAO Elite 10mm Nitron, perhaps converted to .45ACP?

My P220 Match Elite is stainless, not Nitron.

I’ve seen them in S/S, and Nitron over Stainless. This one is all nitron. Sig makes different configurations all the time.