SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gen 2 Glock 22 project
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen 2 Glock 22 project Login/Join 
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted
I have a gen 2 G22 that will be my next project. I’d like to put a long slide top end on it (G35 ish) that is cut for a red dot. Does anyone know of such a beast? Or would it be easier to convert it to a 9mm?

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
A Gen3 slide should work fine on it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
A Gen3 slide should work fine on it.

Thank you.

Posts: 2226 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since you are putting a longer slide on it, I would go 9mm unless your set on the .40. There are many good manufacturers to get your stuff from like Lone Wolf, etc., but it can get pricey. I had a 35 years ago I converted to 9mm and had no issues with it, with only the 9mm conversion barrel but some people say to change out the ejector part on the 22 frame.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I was given a Gen2 G22 for fixing a truck. It wasn't in too good of shape, so it became a project gun. Destippling was just the beginning.

I was able to find some of the long slide ZEV uppers on sale. Bought two and sold the extra online. The price difference was enough to cost me $40 for the slide.

I had already converted it from 40 to 357 Sig with a carbine upper, but the new slide got me into 9mm for a while. It is currently chambered in 7.65mm.

Let us know how your project turns out.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
With ammo the way it is, and whenever there is a shortage, 40 is always there on the shelf, I'd keep it a 40. Sold mine off and thinking of getting another, just for these occasions...

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
With ammo the way it is, and whenever there is a shortage, 40 is always there on the shelf, I'd keep it a 40. Sold mine off and thinking of getting another, just for these occasions...

I agree. A .40 is worth having simply for this reason alone.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

I have lots of .40 on the shelf, and its one i can still get locally, so I think I will stay with it for this project.