SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Here's one of my favorite HKs (flagrant HK pic inside)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's one of my favorite HKs (flagrant HK pic inside) Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted

This is really the end of a long road with this gun. I bought it some 20 years ago from my bro-in-law who needed fast cash. It came to me as a standard USPc 45. Since then I upgraded some things. I installed a Match spurred hammer and Match trigger components. When Novak and Trijicon collaborated on their suppressor height sights, I had them pressed in. They have since been discontinued and become very scarce. I bought and installed a GGG rail adapter but never was satisfied with any of the illuminators of the time. I have big palms and dry hands so I use Hogue slip-on grips for the palm swell and the better friction. When I did the Match hammer and springs, I also installed the ambi fire controls. Later on when the HK45 series was introduced to the market the mag release paddles were larger than those of the USP. As luck would have it the paddle unit fits the USP so I swapped that in as well as a threaded HK barrel.

Several years ago there came available the Knights Armament CT suppressor. There were very few made in the first place and were designated for a military contract only that as I understand it, never materialized. They sat on a shelf at KAC for quite some time until someone decided to make them available to the public as a one time offer. They all disappeared over night and I figured I missed out. Skip ahead and I found one purely by accident so here it sits mounted.

After all of this, I still wasn't satisfied with the light until I found and bought this XC1. Now there is nothing left to do. Smile

Oops. hang on while I fix the pic size

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Very cool — especially that KAC can. Sweeeet!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wow, the USP that shoots 5.56. Love it. Razz

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! I’ve been thinking about that GGG rail and light set up for my USPC 9mm.

Posts: 266 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great lookin’ set up!

I like my USP Compact .45... it’s so reliable, it’s boring.
’Nothing boring about yours, though!

-Bill

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my USP Compacts, and the HK45C, too. Same pistol, just a few refinements and a bit more comfortable. Same crappy double action trigger.

I like LEM.

Nice pistol; it's good when you get it where you want it.

How effective is the KAC can?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Wow, the USP that shoots 5.56. Love it. Razz

Not only that, it’ll shoot it even loaded backwards! And silence the supersonic crack.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I love my USP Compacts, and the HK45C, too. Same pistol, just a few refinements and a bit more comfortable. Same crappy double action trigger.

I like LEM.

Nice pistol; it's good when you get it where you want it.

How effective is the KAC can?

This can comes with a wipe module that houses a series of three wipes that make contact with the projectile. With that installed the can is (to my ears) quieter than the full size Knights can. However, the wipes are consumable as they are destroyed after just ten rounds.....AND....the ATF considers them to be NFA items so replacements are a pain. When I bought the suppressor I also bought a bunch of wipes. I've only used the first three that came with the can. The extras are still in their package. Now I shoot with this can without the wipe module. It is substantially quieter than shooting unsuppressed but loud enough that I prefer ear pro while firing. As such it is mostly a collector item since there were only 20 something that made it into the wild. There is a youtube video of one of the Knights demonstrating it.

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting, thanks.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I 130% blame Darth for my HK addiction. Razz Big Grin

Beautiful, Brother

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

Beautiful, Brother

Big Grin Hope you are well, brother!

posted Hide Post
Nice rig! I share a love for the USPcs (plural); All V1 da/SA. I keep my 9 Compact which is really great, but sold the 45. I loved its look and feel but The HK45C was just that much better.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love it. I'm an admitted Hk fanboy and LOVE the USP's. Looks awesome.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Mine has the stainless steel slide. I have an Insight M2 UTL light on it with an Insight M3/M6 retro kit on it to boost the lumens to about 125. I like it a lot!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ogie,

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

Beautiful, Brother

Big Grin Hope you are well, brother!

not too bad. i actually ran across this old photo of ours the other day, too - albeit not as artistic as yours up there.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
They issue us a USP compact in 40 at work, and I've grown to love it over the years, especially the LEM trigger, although I wish it had the hybrid Match trigger like my Tactical. That pistol trigger is only matched by the Sig SRT, IMO, Great HK pics!

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got an HK45 Compact Tactical, and I just picked up a used USP .40 last week for a song. Owned a USP .45 Tactical years ago, and a MK23 is still on my list to buy.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I've had this one for 20 years or so. STILL love it.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two USP compacts in 9mm (love those), and also a 45c. Just got the slide, barrel and lever back from CCR for one of my compacts, now rocking the CPII finish.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't blame you OP, I love my USP45c as well.

Like your upgrades.

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post