SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SRT Kit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SRT Kit Login/Join 
posted
What a difference. Why in the world don't they just make this standard for all the classic P series?

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have installed two kits. Easy to do and makes quite a difference indeed.

Posts: 31 | Registered: October 23, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I remember when the SRT kits were first available. If I recall correctly, they were $100+ and mostly available to Sig Armorers. I remember finding one for a P-220 at an OGCA show. I do not remember exactly what I paid for it, but I remember it was pricey.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because then they couldn't sell you a SRT kit and take more of your money.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
or some people hate it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have one in every P-series I own. It's a mandatory upgrade for my guns...relatively inexpensive, and easy to install. I agree, it ought to be standard. I'm not sure why anyone would hate it. It doesn't change the pull at all, just reduces the reset.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
I dropped in a GGI Short Reset System tonight...it is a nice little upgrade, particularly if you have the skill to make good use of it.

While its not super difficult, its a lot easier with a rubber jaw clamp to hold the frame upright and using a bent paperclip to get the sear into position. I dropped it several times trying to do it 'freehand'...clamp holding the frame and the paperclip...took about 5 seconds. YMMV.

$.02 worth.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
"short reset" is one of those things I had a problem getting my head around through the first three defensive handgun classes I took. (I'm a slow learner). In reality it is something the majority of gun / pistol owners don't and will never need. In competition or combat it can and will make a difference if you use it. And there is the crux, I tend to not, but then I'm not often in a fast rate of fire situation. I do like a short reset and have it on all of my P226s and most of my P239's and can immediately tell if a pistol has a good short reset or not.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But it sho’ do help when I want to film me self shootin’ fast for one of my YouTube videos!

Y’all leave a comment down below and click “subscribe” to be notified of my next video of me shootin shit fast behind my trailer.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A while ago I sent my P226 to Sig for an Action Job and a SRT. I was very pleased with both. Now as to the cost. For some reason when I looked at the invoice at the LGS Sig listed both as a repair, NO CHARGE. I have no idea why and I just grabbed my gun and left before the owner could make a change.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post