SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    MPX Mags Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX Mags Question Login/Join 
posted
Can you use Gen 1 Mags in a Gen 2 gun......?

I was told NOT REALLY reliable....But a Gen 2 mag will work in either ?

Posts: 119 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine runs both, in his gen 2 and says they work fine. I looked at the difference, and only run gen 2 mags

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Gen II runs perfect with Gen I mags from the git-go. A friend's Gen II would have failures to feed with Gen I mags until he'd fired a few hundred rounds through his MPX...it now runs Gen I mags with no problem.

Posts: 137 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never had a problem running the gen 1 mags in my gen 2 MPX. They are much cheaper and work just fine for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PossibleZombie,

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is an area with many different experiences. I've had trouble getting G1 mags to be reliable in my G2 MPX's. Given the price difference range use doesn't bother me at all. I'd never depend on a G1 mag.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My MPX runs gen1 mags just fine. I modified one to hold 34 rounds and it's been working fine so far.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M gen 2 doesn’t like gen 1 mags at all. I get lots of double feeds. I was speaking to a guy at the gun store. He says I can fix the problem by running some 147 grain ammo through it but I haven’t tried it.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Ive run plenty through the gen 2 mpx i have with gen 1 and 2 mags without mag-related failures.

My brother-in-laws gen 2 MPx doesnt like gen 1 mags.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my first failure to feed with a gen 1 mag in my gen 2 MPX. I now use it for range use only, SD or competitions I'll load up the gen 2 mags.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I had stayed away from them cause I had heard of people having issues.

But I bought some Gen 1s here on the classifieds. They seem to run fine so far.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the feedback

Posts: 119 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Gen 1 mags have a tendency to double feed in my Gen 2 MPX. It’s a shame because I have tons of Gen 1 mags and only 2 Gen 2 mags. In fact my decision to buy a second MPX was driven primarily because I had so many mags.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post