SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 45acp mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 45acp mags Login/Join 
posted
Just a question but why would Sig make both the 9 and 10 round mags for the Compact 45? I dont see the point in haveing both. Just wondering

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
The only thing I can think of is for sales in a restrictive state, not sure if true; guessing. They made 10 round p224 9mm magazines that sig just dumped for 4.99 apiece and standard is 12.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
They Compact and Carry have the same barrel length but not the same grip height, thus the different magazine capacities.

The Compact model, with the 5.3" overall height, can only fit 9 rounds of 45 ACP with flush fit mags.

The Carry model, with the 5.5" overall height and the full sized grip, can fit 10 rounds of 45 ACP with flush fit mags.

Just like the Compact 9mm can only fit the 15 round mags flush, and the Carry in 9mm can fit the 17 round mags flush due to the taller full sized grip.

Of course you can use the higher capacity mags in the shorter Compact model but they do not fit flush with the shorter grip.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought they only had the full size or the compact in the 45. Learn something every day. Now I get to tell my LGS his 45compact is a carry .

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post