SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Quest for a Full Underlug .44 Magnum
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Quest for a Full Underlug .44 Magnum Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 453030:
Another vote for the 29-5. My only handy photo has a 357 in there too, sorry about that ;-)

Is that a inch barrel?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ubelongoutside,

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Some were as short barreled as 6.5" and had a 4 position adjustable front sight with black Patridge blade front, more like a target sight.

Great gun, I love mine. I think they called them the "Classic Hunter." Its a Model 29-3. Came with Hogue finger groove grips with S&W emblem. I changed to those in the photo as the finger groove grips don't fit my hand.

That's a beautiful piece, and exactly what I'm looking for. How much Big Grin

I guess I'll keep perusing GB until I find one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ubelongoutside,

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those 29-5 pistols are absolutely gourgeus. I had no idea Smith even made one and now I want one.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
Is that a inch barrel?

Both in the photo have 5" barrels.

Posts: 140 | Registered: May 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 453030:
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
Is that a inch barrel?

Both in the photo have 5" barrels.

Lol, thanks. My fat fingers missed the 5.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Some were as short barreled as 6.5" and had a 4 position adjustable front sight with black Patridge blade front, more like a target sight.

Great gun, I love mine. I think they called them the "Classic Hunter." Its a Model 29-3. Came with Hogue finger groove grips with S&W emblem. I changed to those in the photo as the finger groove grips don't fit my hand.

My oh my, that makes my heart skip a beat. Mine was # AYH1664. The timing on those was perfection. Thank you for the memorie. Beautiful revolver.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
To the OP, something to keep in mind. If you actually got in a tussle with a bear, the wheel guns posted here all sport full target hammers and triggers. S&W does have wheel guns with wide, smooth triggers, more condusive to fast DA fire, which would be your better option if you had to go head on with a bruin. Something to consider.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post