My Quest for a Full Underlug .44 Magnum

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2800056734

February 13, 2018, 08:01 PM
ubelongoutside
My Quest for a Full Underlug .44 Magnum
quote:
Originally posted by 453030:
Another vote for the 29-5. My only handy photo has a 357 in there too, sorry about that ;-)

Is that a inch barrel?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ubelongoutside,

February 13, 2018, 08:02 PM
ubelongoutside
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Some were as short barreled as 6.5" and had a 4 position adjustable front sight with black Patridge blade front, more like a target sight.

Great gun, I love mine. I think they called them the "Classic Hunter." Its a Model 29-3. Came with Hogue finger groove grips with S&W emblem. I changed to those in the photo as the finger groove grips don't fit my hand.

That's a beautiful piece, and exactly what I'm looking for. How much Big Grin

I guess I'll keep perusing GB until I find one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ubelongoutside,

February 13, 2018, 08:08 PM
DrewR
Those 29-5 pistols are absolutely gourgeus. I had no idea Smith even made one and now I want one.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.
February 13, 2018, 08:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
Is that a inch barrel?

Both in the photo have 5" barrels.
February 13, 2018, 09:50 PM
ubelongoutside
quote:
Originally posted by 453030:
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
Is that a inch barrel?

Both in the photo have 5" barrels.

Lol, thanks. My fat fingers missed the 5.

February 14, 2018, 08:32 AM
David Lee
quote:
Originally posted by WCCPHD:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Some were as short barreled as 6.5" and had a 4 position adjustable front sight with black Patridge blade front, more like a target sight.

Great gun, I love mine. I think they called them the "Classic Hunter." Its a Model 29-3. Came with Hogue finger groove grips with S&W emblem. I changed to those in the photo as the finger groove grips don't fit my hand.

My oh my, that makes my heart skip a beat. Mine was # AYH1664. The timing on those was perfection. Thank you for the memorie. Beautiful revolver.
February 14, 2018, 08:37 AM
David Lee
To the OP, something to keep in mind. If you actually got in a tussle with a bear, the wheel guns posted here all sport full target hammers and triggers. S&W does have wheel guns with wide, smooth triggers, more condusive to fast DA fire, which would be your better option if you had to go head on with a bruin. Something to consider.