SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 X-5 9mm ejection issue(s)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 X-5 9mm ejection issue(s) Login/Join 
posted
Here's the scenario: Brand new P320 X5. Factory mags. Blazer Brass 115 gr.

Starting with magazine #1, and every mag thereafter, the thing stove pipes and/or otherwise jams on the last round in the magazine. Every time on each of the four factory mags. Same result with each of three shooters. The ammo was from a case lot that has worked fine with other 9s--Sig, CZ,
and Glock.

The shop has promised to help me get to the bottom of the issue. The factory Sig rep will be at the shop tomorrow and will have to listen to the sad story.

Any thoughts on giving me a head start?

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I had that issue with one of my Xmags. Leave it fully loaded overnight and see if it resolves for you.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Will give that a try.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Run some 124s instead of the 115 crap.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The LGS/range where I bought the pistol had "supplier" day yesterday. The Sig rep (don't know if he was factory or regional or whatever) ran 50 rds of 146gr Sig through it without a problem.
He also ran a mag of 115 gr, also without a problem.

Clearly, there's a message here. I did score a box of Sig ammo.

posted Hide Post
Any Sig should run all day on 115 or 124 .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
C'mon, you know the car never makes the same noise in front of the mechanic as it did before in your garage.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The xfives are over sprung.
Did you notice, that when the slide returns to home, that your front sight dips?
I replaced my recoil spring with a tungesten guide rod, with a 13# spring from Springer Precision.
If you like to run "hot" loads, leave it stock.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post