SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My "thinning of the herd" just took a step backward with the addition of the X5 SHORT - ** UPDATE p.2 **
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My "thinning of the herd" just took a step backward with the addition of the X5 SHORT - ** UPDATE p.2 ** Login/Join 
THIEF/banned
posted Hide Post
I know how you feel, trying to thin the Herd but found a Must have and you cn't say NOOOOO

Posts: 71 | Location: PA | Registered: July 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
A totally understandable excuse for your step back. Sometimes it just has to be that way and simply roll with it.

I've seen this trigger in the flesh once before, several years ago on another X-series gun while I was shooting at West Coast Armory's range. I must confess that I've never been that enamored by the look of the 'invisible' trigger. More ghost and less skeleton to me. To my eye it looks too insubstantial against the mass and bulk of a P226. I don't recall there being a rail on that one but admittedly it was some time ago. I got to handle the gun a bit but didn't shoot it, though its owner generously offered me the chance. Through a couple of shooting friends I'd shot several DA/SA X-pistols before and didn't really think that this one would be any different so I politely declined. In hindsight it would've been interesting to have sampled the feel of that trigger in live fire. Oh well, a chance blown but alas I'm pretty good at doing that.

I'm another who is usually in the wood over synthetic camp. Normally if it were up to me I'd ditch the G10s and enjoy the gun with the Nill panels. Nill grips and SIGs normally look and feel as if they're in utter harmony together. G10 is just about function, albeit often in color schemes that often border on psychosis. However on your gun, I like how the colors of your G10 grips complement the rest of the gun, including the outline of the trigger. I actually think it looks better with the G10 than with the Nill grips. You should nickname this one The Grey Ghost. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way cool... looks both elegant and muscular.

Jerry

Posts: 11 | Location: Tallahassee | Registered: October 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Question: why would they make a "short" and then put a long barrel on it?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Question: why would they make a "short" and then put a long barrel on it?

I don't know why, but here are my thoughts.

1- It doesn't really have a longer barrel. The part that extends beyond the slide does not have lands and groves, and is only there for the ports.

2- If you choose not to use that ported barrel, you can swap it for a standard length barrel and still have the SHORT gun.

But, who really knows why the Mastershop comes up with these guns? Because they can? If you follow these X-guns, you would be shocked at the various new models the Mastershop churned out just this year. I used to be able to keep up, when they only had a handful models. But this year, forget about it.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. We can't get any mastershop guns here, right?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Thanks for the reply. We can't get any mastershop guns here, right?

There was a time when these Xguns were plentiful. Then came the German government ban on SIG from exporting their guns to the US. The supply then dried up, and prices skyrocketed. But, the ban does not apply to private German exporters. So, some folks from the US still were able to get those guns imported and re-sell at high prices. Supply-demand, you know. Then, everyone else and their mother, seeing the profit that could be made, started getting into the importing-and-reselling game. So, now, supply is plentiful again, and prices have crashed. Not back to the pre-ban level, but quite lower than peak.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Aww man, along side your LDC guns and you got a trio of extreme P226 models. Makes me wonder what other upgrades they will do in the base pistols future. Shoot it Q. Let us know how it prints.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THIEF/banned
posted Hide Post
No One here blames you, Thats a very beautiful Lady.

Posts: 71 | Location: PA | Registered: July 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Finally had Robert do his magic on the gun, Competition Action + QTR. Just amazing job. Now, it really the Matershop worthy.

Don't know what was going through my head that I wrote "X5 OPEN" on the 25-yd targets. The SHORT was the only gun at the range that day. Eek

Q

posted Hide Post
I have two brand new LCP IIs and have a box of .22LR that I will trade you, straight up, for that pistol.

Think about it.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post