SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My "thinning of the herd" just took a step backward with the addition of the X5 SHORT - ** UPDATE p.2 **
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My "thinning of the herd" just took a step backward with the addition of the X5 SHORT - ** UPDATE p.2 ** Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Been on a very good pace this year of mostly subtracting. But, when I had the opportunity for the X5 SHORT, I had to jump on it. This previously belonged to another SF member. He can jump in, if he wants to.

This X5 is something I've only seen in one pic, and that was the original ad from SIG's old website. Never seen any other pics, let alone seeing it pop up for sale publicly.

This is not the X5 Short & Smart or the X5 Enhanced Short Match, which are both in the SAO, and without the extended barrel.

Characteristics:
- SHORT - because it's the standard length SIG P226 slide.
- Extended ported barrel.
- Skeleton trigger and hammer.
- DA/SA
- SIG rail (interesting, because the original SIG ad showed a non-rail gun)
- Original wood grips are actually Nill, and not the current crop of no name wood grips that Nill has been griping so much about.

Initial unfired impression-
Overall build is typical Mastershop quality. But, trigger pull is nothing to get too excited about. I've owned several Allrounds (DA/SA) in the past. And, this is another DA/SA X5 from SIG Germany. And, the DA/SA Xguns all have ho-hum trigger pull. This one will definitely get a trip to Robert for his magic touch. Likely after the new year.

Wearing Hogue G10 Piranha B/G grips

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful!!!

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The extended ported barrel is interesting... Let us know how it shoots.

Posts: 900 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a nice addition.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
that trigger is sex

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I’ve lusted for this model as well but have never seen one for sale here in the states. Fantastic grab Q. Thanks for the pics to fuel the fire.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Q, do you still have your X-FIVE Enhanced Match Short? I wish I could find one of those on this side of the pond. If I found one, the only upgrade I’d make is to switch out the rear sight as I’m a fan of those found on the Entry/Xpress model.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Q, do you still have your X-FIVE Enhanced Match Short?...

No, that one was sold long ago.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
as always, you've got another gorgeous pistol there, Brother!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

If my Short & Smart had adjustable sights on it I would probably still own it.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ibeautiful gun. I was reading along and bout flipped a lid. "Ho hum trigger" got me all fired up.

I am wearing my x5 alround now. The trigger is superb. I opened this window to give you a piece of my very coffee deprived mind.

Then i remembered mine has been to Saint Burke of the holy sig monestary.

Congrats... it is a fantastic pistol.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That, Sir, is a very nice pistol. Me jelly.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Another generous, awesome, and excellent karma!

please put me in and thank you for the opportunity! Wink Big Grin

Seriously though, beautiful gun.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice pistol. I thinned my herd to 2 but if I had a chance at that, I'd buy.
Congrats.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Really nice. I hadn't heard of that model. I agree my Allround had a so-so trigger upon arrival. It's since gotten a SRT, GGI intermediate trigger, and several thousand rounds. SA is really nice now!

I've never sent anything to Robert. Hope he can do his magic for you.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Didn't know there was specifically such an offering - very nice, congrats!

P.S. looks best with the Nil grips Wink

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:

For me, Nill is for look, and G10 is for function. Wink

Q

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Sweeeeet!! Nice grab Q.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

That is a great looking auto loader

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:

For me, Nill is for look, and G10 is for function. Wink

Nils are great for function too! Wink

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post