SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P229 certified
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P229 certified Login/Join 
posted
Hi, new to this forum. I purchased a factory certified P229 40 % 357 sig. The frame is made in Germany but the slide is made in NH, is that normal? Does anyone make acceptable magazines other than Sig.

Posts: 6 | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Yes, the CPOs come in various configurations and that's one that you see regularly. Mec-Gar makes excellent magazines for SIGs. A good source is Greg Cote, a member here:

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/si...uer-magazines-c-123/

And, welcome to the forum!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1310 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rboone:
Hi, new to this forum. I purchased a factory certified P229 40 % 357 sig. The frame is made in Germany but the slide is made in NH, is that normal? Does anyone make acceptable magazines other than Sig.

If it's not a FrankenSIG, which many CPOs are, that is completely normal. Many original factory SIGs came with Frame Made In Germany frames and the slides marked with Exeter - NH.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if it's in a red case or box & you're the original buyer as a cpo, you'll have a one year warranty.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the German frame more or less desirable? Are the magazines the same as any other Sigs. This is my first Sig.

Posts: 6 | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rboone:
Is the German frame more or less desirable? Are the magazines the same as any other Sigs. This is my first Sig.

Some people put more value on the German frame. Others don't. Mags on your P229 .40 are the same from the beginning until now, whether German made or Italian Mec-Gar.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely normal. My 1995 P229 .40 is the same as yours. A very fine pistol. You've got a classic. Enjoy...

Mec-Gars are the gold standard.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
If it's not a FrankenSIG, which many CPOs are, that is completely normal. Many original factory SIGs came with Frame Made In Germany frames and the slides marked with Exeter - NH.

I would venture a guess that almost all of the first several years' U.S. production of P229s were built that way until Exeter started making the frames themselves.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post