SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger New Model Super Single Six Convertible grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger New Model Super Single Six Convertible grips Login/Join 
posted
I have a Ruger New Model Super Single Six Convertible and recently found out about the "Gunfighter" grips on the Single Ten and Single Nine models, but not the Single Six. I would like to retro fit these gunfighter grips to my Single Six, but the Ruger Store mentions with and without lock. I don't know what this means, or which I need. Also, the Ruger Store does not specify whether these are gunfighter grips or not. I have a "bicentennial" model, stainless, with 5.5 inch barrel.

So ...

Do I need with or without lock?
Are any of the grips in the Ruger Store "gunfighter" grips?
Will the Single Ten/Nine grips fit my Single Six?

Any new info would be appreciated.

Posts: 21 | Registered: June 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
http://www.gunblast.com/Hamm_Ruger-SA-GripFrames.htm

Pics of the lock and with no lock.

IIRC "gunfighter grip" is a design (shape) offered by another company (Hogue). I was unaware you could get them from Ruger, but I don't keep up on such things these days.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cas,

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To clarify: Gun Fighter grips are standard, from Ruger, on their Single Ten and Single Nine models (see description on Ruger web site). Gun fighter grips are NOT standard on their Single Six Convertible.

I am hopeful that I can just order grips for a Single Nine (or Single Ten) from Ruger, and put them on my Single Six Convertible, or maybe their replacement grips.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I believe the grip frames of the NM Single Six, Single Ten and Single Nine are all the same size and that you'll be able to make the swap.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Same shape/size. Your 1976 made gun will not have a lock like those newer models.

(^newer models, not to be confused with "New Model", terminology is important, but confusing when dealing with Rugers)

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the input. Because of that and some additional research of my own, I was able to determine that my gun does not have the lock, and that my grips are interchangeable with those for the Single-Ten and Single-Nine. Still not sure whether or not the grips in the Ruger store are "gunfighter" grips, but I suspect they are not.

I checked the website of the company that manufactures the grips for Ruger (Altamont.com) and they make what they call "slim" grip panels. I think those are what Ruger is calling "gunfighter" grips.

Thanks again.