SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Should I buy a used M&P Shield?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should I buy a used M&P Shield? Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
“Only if the price is right”. I’ve personally never cared for the 40 variant. Always had better experiences with both the 9mm & 45...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wreckless:
Like he said, unless it was a fire sale or had plenty of mags thrown in extra there's no reason to buy used.

I can think of one. When buying from a friend; no 4473.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Well, there is that. Wink
And the price will likely be very right.

I've flip-flopped about it all afternoon, talking myself into and out of the purchase. It's definitely a want more than a need.

Heck, I guess I can sell or trade it later if it doesn't suit.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
I had the first gen shield 9. Sold it. Six months ago my LGS had the 2.0 shield on sale. 325.00 NIB.

The 2.0 is night/day better. Stippling, stock trigger and trigger stop. I like it because it has a full size grip for a thin single stack.

I had a chance twice to get the P365, but am waiting till they get the issues worked out.

I've even seen the new shields with the red laser for 375 online.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
I have the Shield 2.0 9mm with integrated green laser and the Shield Performance Center .45, with ported barrel.

The .45 PC has recoil only mildly heavier then the 9mm. I have fired the .40 shield, and the .45 has more controllable recoil by far!

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gwmac:
I have a Shield M.2 in .40 with the rough grip material. I don't like it at all. The rough grip I covered with a Pachmyra Grip Sleeve. And, I'm in the process of converting the .40 to .357 Sig.

I also have a Shield M.2 in 9mm which I love and I've bought and sold an XDS and stopped carrying my little 1911s. If you want a Shield, buy one new. If you want an XD, buy it. Or Buy both and then decide.

The rough grips on the new shields is easily rectified with a set of Talon grip applications.

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
I bought one on sale last June, finally took it out to shoot.

Very disappointed. Neither sight was centered , looked like a rush job. $15 at range to have them adjusted, so not a huge deal, but poor workmanship. Multiple fail to feeds. Last round would not feed period.

I brought home, and cleaned it all up nice, and used slide glide on rails. I have cycled slide a 100 times. Will see if that helps.

No experience with the 2.0

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 40 caliber shield is a bad choice! Too much caliber for such a small pistol. The 9 mm Luger shield is very soft shooting, while still being affective with quality standard pressure ammunition. Most of the failures of shields that I read about have been 40 S&W units. No small wonder if the current owner wants to sell his 40SW shield. I am a fan of the 40 S&W, But insist on using it in pistols that reduce recoil such as Sig 229,SP 2022.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Should I buy a used M&P Shield?

That size gun in .40 is likely to be unpleasant to shoot, probably the reason your friend wants to sell it, for all we know.

Posts: 27958 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I've got a Shield 1.0 in .45, and I love it for a carry gun. The only mod I made is to sand down the grip a little on the left side for more comfortable carrying against bare skin. It's been reliable on the range with all types of ammo and I think the .45 has a softer recoil than the .40.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post