SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 late '99 early 2000 transition gun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 late '99 early 2000 transition gun Login/Join 
posted
Hey All...don't post much but make up for that in reading! Wanted to share some pics of my latest, just cuz it seems like a "tweener" in terms of markings or lack there of as things transitioned from Germany to Exeter. Looks to be an assembled in US from German parts to note:
- serial G 312 xxx dates it to 1999 or early 2000 - laser engraved
- date stamps inside of grips - right grip is clocked at 6/99...left 1/2000 not a lot of help haha
- no proof marks on chin or frame
- folded slide
- no "Made in Germany" on the slide
- but nothing (other than serial) on frame ie no "frame made in Germany"

Anyway...thought I would share with those who appreciate. It's in super shape, night sights are only a few years old, came with the Hogue G10's (and oem grips), two Sig mags - NO box, or target etc
ps all for $500 Smile
pss sorry in advance for the crappy iPhone pix

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TenX,

Posts: 6 | Registered: April 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

An old school, plain Jane P-220. Nothing better IMO.

It should serve you well.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nice. But, the P220 "transition" was way before 1999/2000. It started around 1995/1996. Wink

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

I was actually on a mission to find the plain Jane old school and missed a '93 by literally 10 minutes. What caught my eye on this one was the "plain Jane" frame with no "Frame made in Germany" or Sig roll mark. Other than the lasered serial it's nekkid! So things worked out and saved some dough in the process.

and so True 12131...I was thinking more of transitioning from folded slide to milled (excepting the 2012 run) , Made in Germany on the slide , then frame etc. So a "parts gun" kinda sorta vs transitioning of the operations.

Appreciate the reminder that words matter...and definitely tough to mind read, especially when I'm thinking out loud lol. I've got a whoppin' sampling of 3 when it comes to Sigs, though the other two are German proofed.

Posts: 6 | Registered: April 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post