SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone here have a Ruger LCR 9mm?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here have a Ruger LCR 9mm? Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
Anyone here have a Ruger LCR 9mm?

I'm a revolver guy, but I get 9mm free from work. I'm finding myself really wanting one of these.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4191 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I had one for five rounds. Then the SP101 in 9mm came out and that's what I really wanted. Didn't care for the shorter barrel of the LCR, but recoil wasn't bad at all. Fairly accurate at 10 yards or so.

I'm happier with the heavier and longer barreled 101.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I've researched them and see that the 9mm uses the steel frame IIRC same as the .357 and not the alloy frame of the .38 so that's almost 4 extra ounces to deal with for pocket carry.

It sounds like recoil and ballistics performance is about the same as .38

Have you ever fired an LCR? I have with the .38 and it's a sweet little snubbie and puts the awful S&W triggers to shame. That trigger pull is about as heavy as the Smith but is so smooth and perfect, you'd never know it.

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I have one. Bullet puller. Cheap and fun to shoot. Be nice if they offered a 3” adjustable sight LCRX version.

There are numerous more practical options for the dispensing of 9mm bullets, however. I prefer my Kahr CW9.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cut my eye teeth on revolvers, but, the LCR is the only revolver that I absolutely hated. In fact it was the shortest lived gun I ever owned. I think I only kept it about 4 months before I sold it.....hated the snappiness with all normal 9mm ammo and found myself loading reloaded rounds way down to make the gun more comfortable to shoot.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post