SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:
Now this is the first video on the P365 that gives me concern:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc-zvxBIV88

Thank you for posting this. I think the guy is very fair with his review and he got very unlucky with his issue.

I love my G43, but i feel its days are numbered once sig figures out the P365.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
MIM strikes again?

quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:
Now this is the first video on the P365 that gives me concern:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc-zvxBIV88

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Yea, I'll pass. Not going down the same road as the P320 and I'll suffer with the addition girth of the G26. Roll Eyes

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawade1:
Hey Guys,

Where do I go to order a P365 online. I've never purchased online before. Who has them in stock?

Thanks

You can try Brownells. I pre-ordered mine on 1/31/18 for $479.00 out to my FFL.

Posts: 10 | Registered: July 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An interesting video but as a range officer I see people every day with a grip that prevents the slide from locking back. I think Bruce Gray even has a tutorial on how to prevent this common problems especially on Sig pistols. Will that cause other malfunctions? I don't know but I do know I pay less and less attention to armchair reviews on the internet.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GT Distributors in Dallas, TX had LEO pricing at $569 or so.

The temptation was sooooooo hard to resist. I was impressed at its size & capabilities & capacity after seeing it in person.

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sr_Bull:
GT Distributors in Dallas, TX had LEO pricing at $569 or so.

The temptation was sooooooo hard to resist. I was impressed at its size & capabilities & capacity after seeing it in person.

$569 for LEO pricing? Is that the X-ray version? There are vendors online who had pre-orders for $489 that weren’t blue label. Maybe GT distributors hate cops lol

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Sig is pausing production of the P365 to resolve the battery issues.

Source: http://www.osagecountyguns.com...ing-p365-production/

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:

Source: http://www.osagecountyguns.com...ing-p365-production/

Welp...

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:

I am glad to see them being proactive and transparent. My faith in them was a bit shaken with the handling of the drop issue, so them getting ahead of things is nice to see.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
aaaaaand Sig reminds me why I don’t buy their products anymore. Screw it, I’ll just keep my shield. Too many bad reports already on this gun. I mean, hardly any are out and they already have a broken firing pin and they didn’t test it well enough to ensure it would return to battery? What the F sig?

Hopefully a better gun company will copy the idea and give us a non-Sig 365 concept soon.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
aaaaaand Sig reminds me why I don’t buy their products anymore. Screw it, I’ll just keep my shield.

In fairness, it does happen to the best of them.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/blo...r-mp-shield-pistols/

Right down to the bit about pistols potentially going off when dropped.

quote:
I mean, hardly any are out and they already have a broken firing pin and they didn’t test it well enough to ensure it would return to battery?

If hardly any are out, one could argue that SIG found out about and got on the problems pretty quickly.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
aaaaaand Sig reminds me why I don’t buy their products anymore. Screw it, I’ll just keep my shield.

In fairness, it does happen to the best of them.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/blo...r-mp-shield-pistols/

Right down to the bit about pistols potentially going off when dropped.

quote:
I mean, hardly any are out and they already have a broken firing pin and they didn’t test it well enough to ensure it would return to battery?

If hardly any are out, one could argue that SIG found out about and got on the problems pretty quickly.

Did you see the reddit post about the peening on the barrel? I get that it happens, but with Sig it’s over and over and over....

There are so many accounts of failure to go into battery, I can’t possibly understand how this wasn’t caught. Did they only run 100 rounds through 2 prototypes and call it good. Cohen needs to go!

Wanna bet that they’ll come out with a gen 2 that isn’t compatiable with the gen 1 before too long?

This concept will be copied and hopefully by next shot show. The Glock or M&P version is what I’ll wait for.

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I’m still of the opinion that the battery/slide lock issues are user error or dirty/gummy gun. Perhaps I’m wrong. But shooting a tiny gun is not exactly the same as shooting a small or medium sized gun.

Didn’t sig say they shot some insane number of rounds through their test guns?

Any members here have issues with the ones they’ve shot?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...OUc&feature=youtu.be

this isn't good if it hasn't been posted yet.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:

This concept will be copied and hopefully by next shot show. The Glock or M&P version is what I’ll wait for.

Glock or S&W may have some problems with the patents.....

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...OUc&feature=youtu.be

this isn't good if it hasn't been posted yet.

Yeah, that barrel and slide peening really doesn't look good...

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
quote:

Nah, it won't be an issue. I actually did a search trying to find the patent they filed for back when the gun was announced. I was curious to see the mag in more detail.

I was unable to find a filing. I could have made a mistake in my search, but I chuckled to myself because I could just see the marketing machine that is Sig say "patent pending" just for effect.

A patent is good for 17 years and is very specific. People won't sit on the sidelines for 17 years. They will technically make theirs just different enough so as not to infringe.

I'm very curious about how you can be granted a patent on a magazine anyways. What could possibly be revolutionary enough in a mag design to justify being granted a patent? Keep in mind, patent law is very specific.

If anyone has a link to the filing, could you post it please? I'm still curious to get a little more insight on the mag. Thanks.

Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
quote:

Nah, it won't be an issue. I actually did a search trying to find the patent they filed for back when the gun was announced. I was curious to see the mag in more detail.

I was unable to find a filing. I could have made a mistake in my search, but I chuckled to myself because I could just see the marketing machine that is Sig say "patent pending" just for effect.

A patent is good for 17 years and is very specific. People won't sit on the sidelines for 17 years. They will technically make theirs just different enough so as not to infringe.

I'm very curious about how you can be granted a patent on a magazine anyways. What could possibly be revolutionary enough in a mag design to justify being granted a patent? Keep in mind, patent law is very specific.

If anyone has a link to the filing, could you post it please? I'm still curious to get a little more insight on the mag. Thanks.

I confess I know nothing about patents or copyrights, but I seem to recall that Apple got a copyright or patent based on the curve of their IPhone?

Oh well it will be interesting to see what turns up. Smile

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Didn’t sig say they shot some insane number of rounds through their test guns?

About a year ago they were testng it out back in the R&D. Having coffee with one tester who said they fired so many the gun was getting too hot to hold.

There were far more than two prototypes.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post