SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I picked one up earlier this week at my LGS for $550.
Finally took it to the range today.
I fired 193 rounds.
A mix of 115 grain and 147 grain FMJ

I had 1 failure to fire. On inspection I found that the primer had indeed been hit - and hit well.
I put the round back in and tried again - it fired. I suspect it was just a faulty round.

I also had 2 instances where the slide did not lock back on last round.
I have no idea if that was me doing something wrong... or a flaky mag...

Personally the gun fired low for me.
I did a mix of 5 yards, 7 yards, 10 yards.
At each distance I was on the low end of the bullseye (more drastic the further out of course).

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ziggy308
posted Hide Post
Will take a pass. Sig had 3 of them you could shot at this weekends shot show at a local gun store. 10 rounds per gun and 2 out of the 3 the rep. had would fail to go back in to battery just after a few rounds. Rounds hang up on extractor push the the slide forward and back in business. I need them to work 100% of the time. Will give them another chance when i can rent one and put 200 rounds down the pipe with out failure.

need to post picks for item up for sale

Posts: 566 | Location: lost in Illinois | Registered: March 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Is it possible that the last two posters’ experiences are with an initial batch P365 so they still have the known issues? As far as I know, the second round of “fixed” P365s haven’t shipped out yet.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "second round" have been out for awhile. I've had one from my LGS for a couple weeks now. 1K+ rounds with no malfunctions at all and it has worked a spot on my belt. Really like the trigger and it carries so nice. Mine is very accurate out to 35 yds which is the longest distance I have shot it. I'm a P220/P239 guy but I'm really taking a liking to this little gun.

P239
M11-A1
340 M&P

Posts: 552 | Location: Okla | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ziggy308:
Will take a pass. Sig had 3 of them you could shot at this weekends shot show at a local gun store. 10 rounds per gun and 2 out of the 3 the rep. had would fail to go back in to battery just after a few rounds. Rounds hang up on extractor push the the slide forward and back in business. I need them to work 100% of the time. Will give them another chance when i can rent one and put 200 rounds down the pipe with out failure.

When the P224 was a hot item and the P227 fairly new, I attended a sig event at a local range. Same deal, try them out. I had numerous failures with the P224 in particular. It lacked lubrication, and I'm not surprised it failed. I was surprised that Sig offered it up for promotion, with factory sales persons there, in that condition.

Had it been me, I'd have ensured that the pistols being used to demonstrate and sell the product functioned perfectly. I wasn't impressed and didn't buy either one. I wonder how many sales they lost that way.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Tested two last night. Well over two hundred rounds each without any issue. A mix of factory and my tested handloads. Shot to point of aim.

One of two failure to lock back with may very well have been my grip.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Soggy_Spinout we doubled our transfer fees on handguns and rifles AND will not accept transfers from Buds or Grabagun - and we still have 5 or 6 per week!

Hard to do business when everyone wants free shit. Regards 18DAI

Free shit? How about the concept that it's my money and your store isn't a charity? There's nothing particularly appealing about a business that blames its customers.

Of the 20 or so pistols, shotguns, and rifles that I bought last year, about half a dozen were local. Some I bought from other shops when I was out of town, and had them transferred home. Some I bought from forum members here and had them transferred in. A few I bought from PSA, and my Ruger .41 Redhawk, I got from Bud's.

The only other store offering the Redhawk in .41 locally wanted a hundred dollars more; closer to 150 by the time tax was added. I didn't get the firearm for free. I bought it with my money. I put my life on the line for that money, traded six months on the road to get it. I didn't owe the local shop anything, and I spent it the way I saw fit. Buds gave me 90 days to pay it, which was fine as I had two Legions on layaway with a local shop.

Had the local shop told me what to do with my money, accused me of freeloading or seeking to undermine them by spending MY money the way I see fit, it wouldn't just be the last time I used that shop. I'd be sure to share that experience with others.

I get it. You feel slighted because someone else offers a better deal and you don't get all the customers money (and are apparently trying to penalize the customer into giving you their money). Buy locally, support the local shop. You're deluding yourself if you think that a customer is going to ignore a 150 dollar difference in cost, better terms, no tax, and a place that doesn't bad mouth the customer. Frankly I'd take a lot of offense at being called a freeloader while in your shop, but I wouldn't be using your shop. Not a chance.

I do patronize local shops. One I use for a number of transfers. I buy some firearms there. Another I only buy firearms. Another I get firearm service done and buy components, but never firearms. Why? Their prices are on par with the others, but they have no layaways, and won't work with a customer at all. That's fine, but in the end I'm the buyer and I choose how I spend my money. It's worth keeping that in mind for the business owner who wants that money.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The LGS I normally buy through has allocated 100% of their 365s to their internet sales on GB and through the local gun shows they run all over the state. They bought the FL Gun Show group and run those shows and are the largest retailer at those shows.

They are selling them for over $600 to $700, can't say I blame them for taking advantage of people that can't wait, however, not keeping some for local customers is a big mistake, and for that I'll buy one after several months when sales go back to normal and probably from another store.

As far as turning down transfers, I get the anger at losing the sale, but a smart retailer would take the transfer and try and sell upgrades such as ammo or holsters, cleaning supplies, etc. IE Free transfer or 20% off transfer fee if you buy $X of non firearm supplies at time of pickup.

Find a way to create a new customer vs keeping them out of the shop for good, when you tell someone you'll never take a transfer from Buds, they don't care, you're just off their list for all sales now.

Buds doesn't care, your actions don't hurt them one bit, and you are penalizing yourself.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Soggy_Spinout we doubled our transfer fees on handguns and rifles AND will not accept transfers from Buds or Grabagun - and we still have 5 or 6 per week!

Hard to do business when everyone wants free shit. Regards 18DAI

Free shit? How about the concept that it's my money and your store isn't a charity? There's nothing particularly appealing about a business that blames its customers.

Of the 20 or so pistols, shotguns, and rifles that I bought last year, about half a dozen were local. Some I bought from other shops when I was out of town, and had them transferred home. Some I bought from forum members here and had them transferred in. A few I bought from PSA, and my Ruger .41 Redhawk, I got from Bud's.

The only other store offering the Redhawk in .41 locally wanted a hundred dollars more; closer to 150 by the time tax was added. I didn't get the firearm for free. I bought it with my money. I put my life on the line for that money, traded six months on the road to get it. I didn't owe the local shop anything, and I spent it the way I saw fit. Buds gave me 90 days to pay it, which was fine as I had two Legions on layaway with a local shop.

Had the local shop told me what to do with my money, accused me of freeloading or seeking to undermine them by spending MY money the way I see fit, it wouldn't just be the last time I used that shop. I'd be sure to share that experience with others.

I get it. You feel slighted because someone else offers a better deal and you don't get all the customers money (and are apparently trying to penalize the customer into giving you their money). Buy locally, support the local shop. You're deluding yourself if you think that a customer is going to ignore a 150 dollar difference in cost, better terms, no tax, and a place that doesn't bad mouth the customer. Frankly I'd take a lot of offense at being called a freeloader while in your shop, but I wouldn't be using your shop. Not a chance.

I do patronize local shops. One I use for a number of transfers. I buy some firearms there. Another I only buy firearms. Another I get firearm service done and buy components, but never firearms. Why? Their prices are on par with the others, but they have no layaways, and won't work with a customer at all. That's fine, but in the end I'm the buyer and I choose how I spend my money. It's worth keeping that in mind for the business owner who wants that money.

100% agreed. Unless someone craps money, why would anyone pay $100-$150 more at a LGS instead of ordering the same firearm online, pay the transfer fee, and save the $100-$150? That money can go to ammo. Brownell’s has P365’s on preorder for $500 with free shipping. No way my LGS comes close to that price. Instead, they tend to price gouge on new/popular items. If my LGS is price gouging me, a customer who frequently spends money at their store, why should I be loyal to only them?

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I still have not seen one of these in the wild. I've checked 4 Charlotte area gun shops (Point Blank, Bass Pro, Eagle Guns, and Craig's Firearms Supply) multiple times.

None of them have any idea when they will get more (Craigs doesn't stock SIG).

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
As far as turning down transfers, I get the anger at losing the sale, but a smart retailer would take the transfer and try and sell upgrades such as ammo or holsters, cleaning supplies, etc. IE Free transfer or 20% off transfer fee if you buy $X of non firearm supplies at time of pickup.

Find a way to create a new customer vs keeping them out of the shop for good, when you tell someone you'll never take a transfer from Buds, they don't care, you're just off their list for all sales now.

Buds doesn't care, your actions don't hurt them one bit, and you are penalizing yourself.
My local transfer FFL stocks a handful of guns, usually 3-5 Glocks, a couple Hi-Points, several lowers, maybe a Ruger or two, plus 5 assorted non-EBR rifles. They aren't overly interested in stocking more or ordering things for customers.

Transfers are the business. They take $25 a weapon and get it done in <10 minutes. They have zero capital invested in the weapons transferring in or out and do a steady transfer business.

But LGS are free to do business as they see fit. There will always be a good transfer dealer around to undercut those who pout that people wont buy the overprice and finger-banged weapons in their glass cases.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

My local transfer FFL stocks a handful of guns, usually 3-5 Glocks, a couple Hi-Points, several lowers, maybe a Ruger or two, plus 5 assorted non-EBR rifles. They aren't overly interested in stocking more or ordering things for customers.

Transfers are the business. They take $25 a weapon and get it done in <10 minutes. They have zero capital invested in the weapons transferring in or out and do a steady transfer business.

But LGS are free to do business as they see fit. There will always be a good transfer dealer around to undercut those who pout that people wont buy the overprice and finger-banged weapons in their glass cases.

Here in the Chicagoland area, many LGS/ranges charge $50 a transfer. They are definitely making money from a few minutes of paperwork and a background check. The sad thing is, their prices on new guns are still more expensive than ordering a gun online, having it shipped to them, and paying their ridiculously high $50 transfer fee.

Just from lounging in some gun shops here, they seem to mostly sell their new stock to ill-informed people who are new to guns and have no idea how to obtain a gun online. The questions I’ve heard asked in my LGS are ridiculous. Some of these people must not know how to do any research at all.

Regardless, with the 72 hour waiting period in Illinois to actually obtain your gun once you pay for it, you may as well get it cheaper online and wait a few more days for it to ship to the FFL.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
ridiculously high $50 transfer fee.

Jiminy! Eek

That said, I'm still waiting for my LGS to get my P365. I'm in no rush.... Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
ridiculously high $50 transfer fee.

Jiminy! Eek

That said, I'm still waiting for my LGS to get my P365. I'm in no rush.... Cool

The lowest transfer fees around here are the random FFL guys doing transfers and small sales from their homes.

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I still have not seen one of these in the wild. I've checked 4 Charlotte area gun shops (Point Blank, Bass Pro, Eagle Guns, and Craig's Firearms Supply) multiple times.

None of them have any idea when they will get more (Craigs doesn't stock SIG).

If you're feeling froggy and want to drive up towards raleigh you can shoot mine :P

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shot one and liked it quite a bit. Actually everyone who has shot it has seemed very happy with it. Surprisingly accurate in a package I wouldn't want to go smaller than. Its quite impressive. No one was measuring but cloverleafs were common at the 7-10 range and there was no issue keeping it on target out to 25 or so.

The only issue I saw was a few people who get very high grips rode the slide stop and caused a fail to lock but thats shooter error not a gun error.

I'll likely pick one up when I get the chance. I dont picture it being a fighting gun, though it would work in a pinch, but I think it would make a damn fine carry gun unless you get a lemon.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently went to GAT Guns in East Dundee on Sunday for their manufacture's show. I spoke with one of the engineers who was on the committee to develop the Sig P365. He says they have over 180K pre orders for this gun as of Sunday. He could not tell me when they would be shipping to Brownells. I pre-ordered on 1/31/18.

They had 3 P365 available for shooting. No range fee. Just pay for the ammo. There was a waiting line just to shoot this gun. A lot of women who shot this gun loved it.

Right now it's just a waiting game for me for when it will be delivered. Your guess is as good as mine.

Any thoughts out there on where to purchase an OWB holster. So far few options although I did find a nice leather one on Mitch Rosen's web site. Very pricing at $145.

Posts: 10 | Registered: July 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kajb1313:
Any thoughts out there on where to purchase an OWB holster. So far few options although I did find a nice leather one on Mitch Rosen's web site. Very pricing at $145.

I have a friend who's just received the P365 mold for use in her Kydex holster business. Have a look at Holsters For Life.

(She's made my P365 holster already, despite my P365 not yet being here.)

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
OWB holster

For a P365? Like OWBing a J-frame, why?

IMO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kajb1313: they have over 180K pre orders for this gun as of Sunday.

Eek Eek Eek

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post