SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
The upright grip would help with shortening the overall length and allowing for a higher undercut of the trigger and thus a higher grip. Not sure how that would allow for higher capacity as that would seemingly be a function of width and cartridge taper.

THe grip of the G26 is 1.16” so a very thin grip along with a steel mag is likely the contributing factor to keeping it to 1”.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will take a hard look at this

nice

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I'll check one out when I have the opportunity but my shield .45 isn't going anywhere.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see the size compared with a Kahr PM/CM9.

Posts: 17879 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Where oh where is the hammer-fired version? Many of Sig-Sauer's legacy customers were brought up on hammer-fired pistols and would love to see one in this size. Not sure a decocker would fit within the width parameters, but what a nifty size package this gun makes, with 10 rounds.

Something about putting a loaded striker-fired gun with a "smooth, short, light" trigger in my pants...

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
When he picked it up Eek that's small. I do like my flat 7 round lc9s mags tho. If you're just now looking for a ccw it's good times.

https://youtu.be/kVBMfSbC3VM

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I prefer hammer-fired DA/SA pistols and would first reach for my P225A1 if I needed to carry discrete even I will admit this is an appealing option. In 2019 I may look into buying one "just because" and it may work its way into rotation with some 12round magazines.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
Where oh where is the hammer-fired version? Many of Sig-Sauer's legacy customers were brought up on hammer-fired pistols and would love to see one in this size. Not sure a decocker would fit within the width parameters, but what a nifty size package this gun makes, with 10 rounds.

Something about putting a loaded striker-fired gun with a "smooth, short, light" trigger in my pants...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree with this.

Posts: 12654 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Proprietary rail with their team working on accessories. Not falling for that one again. I also don't think that make better gadgets than Veridian or Streamlight.

I also need to know more about the mags. It seems like something that is easy to mess up. What's the spring like in them? Is there additional stress placed on them with this new design and ultimately what is their life span?

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
I'll check one out when I have the opportunity but my shield .45 isn't going anywhere.

Agreed.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of the aesthetics. At all.

Hopefully it is a good pistol overall, though.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
For me it’s a maybe.
I’m not going to put a light or laser on it so the rail doesn’t bother me.

Striker fired doesn’t bother me either. It’s a pocket gun going in a pocket holster for me. Just like the 43 was meant to be till my sister stole it.

It’s going to be my pocket gun, as long as it shoots when I pull the trigger, I’ll be happy.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8010 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kalford:
Proprietary rail with their team working on accessories. Not falling for that one again. I also don't think that make better gadgets than Veridian or Streamlight.

Yeah, what the hell is it with SIG and their stupid proprietary rail? Roll Eyes
quote:
I also need to know more about the mags. It seems like something that is easy to mess up. What's the spring like in them? Is there additional stress placed on them with this new design and ultimately what is their life span?

That's for us beta testers to find out.

Q

Posts: 26332 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Well, another gun introduced I would like to have... Big Grin

Not sure if I can afford this gottohaveititis.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree with this.

Me too! No striker fired pistols in my future.

I get why they designed this targeting government contracts, but if they do not get the contract they have another striker fired poly pistol competing in a saturated market at a premium price point. I see it as a race to the bottom.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actual Measurements:

Glock 43 slide - 0.86" wide
Glock 43 grip - .092" wide
Glock 43 across slide catch area - 1.05"

Glock 26 slide - 1.00" wide
Glock 26 grip - 1.18" wide
Glock 26 across slide catch area - 1.19"

So the P365 is actually somewhat between the Glock 43 and 26. The 43 is thinner than the "average" quoted in the article and the 26 is a bit thicker.

The most important issue is going to be reliability in such a small and light pistol, which is something that is not easy to accomplish. Kahr, Glock (42 especially), Beretta and various others have had issues.

I'm a bit concerned that at a press event where the pistols should have been prepped as well as possible, they had frequent failures to return to battery, which in my experience is the most common issue with micro size Kahr pistols (hence the recommended break-in period)

You'd think Sig would have made absolutely sure that whatever lube was used, the pistols would run reliably in the cold weather during the event. The shrugged shoulders at whatever the "bad" lube was is I don't believe for a second. Design and Manufacturing are based on engineering specs, and whatever lube was used was most certainly the one spec'd, not some random unknown stuff. If they didn't spec a lube, then their engineering practices are not up to industry standards. Notice they didn't shoot outside again, even with the replacement lube.

That said, once reliability is established after customers start getting ahold of these, and any kinks are worked out, it does seem to be a VERY competitive design. I waited quite a while for the Glock 43 to be proven reliable before buying one. I liked it enough to get a 26 which is probably the most proven mini double stack 9mm ever made.

Sig has needed a competitive product like this for a long time. So I'd love to see it be a success.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Actual Measurements:

Glock 43 slide - 0.86" wide
Glock 43 grip - .092" wide
Glock 43 across slide catch area - 1.05"

Glock 26 slide - 1.00" wide
Glock 26 grip - 1.18" wide
Glock 26 across slide catch area - 1.19"

My G19 and G26 before it is 1 1/8” wide in the slide.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Like a P290 and P320 mated.

Give it a year or two, see if it sticks or is another footnote of firearms history.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where oh where is the hammer-fired version? Many of Sig-Sauer's legacy customers were brought up on hammer-fired pistols and would love to see one in this size.

DA/SA version and I want one. Another Striker, yawn.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They claim to have spent 6 months developing this special magazine that allows them to fit 10 rounds into such a small package. And yet the crude Kel-tec P11 has identical dimensions and also holds 10 rounds. And the P11 magazine is normal shaped.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post