SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kajb1313:
Any thoughts out there on where to purchase an OWB holster.

Top Gun Supply?

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well they got me. Picked mine up today and I'll likely shoot it by the end of the week. Heres to hoping it functions like our T&E gun.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I'm too slow!!! Got the email from TGS that the IOP 365 was in stock but by the time I clicked on it, out of stock. It was my off day, I would've driven in.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Interestingly, many Buy It Now ads on gunbroker have dropped the price to $650. Don't know what that infers but it's a good sign the gouging is slowing down.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Interestingly, many Buy It Now ads on gunbroker have dropped the price to $650. Don't know what that infers but it's a good sign the gouging is slowing down.

Does anyone know if there will be any indicator for this second round of P365’s so buyers know they aren’t getting one from the first batch that contained the issues? I just don’t want to get a lemon if I buy one locally if it’s priced low enough.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pops572
posted Hide Post
quote:

Does anyone know if there will be any indicator for this second round of P365’s so buyers know they aren’t getting one from the first batch that contained the issues? I just don’t want to get a lemon if I buy one locally if it’s priced low enough.

Phil Strader posted on facebook if it has the BXR3 part number on the box it would be the most up to date version.

------------------------------------------
I'm sorry could you repeat that, I'm not fluent in STUPID!

Posts: 1149 | Location: ,TN USA | Registered: November 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
SIG has advised a few distributors that the next batch would be released sometime in April. They will have the barrel peening issue fix and come with X-Ray sights.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as turning down transfers, I get the anger at losing the sale, but a smart retailer would take the transfer and try and sell upgrades such as ammo or holsters, cleaning supplies, etc. IE Free transfer or 20% off transfer fee if you buy $X of non firearm supplies at time of pickup.

Therein lies the rub. 90 to 95 percent of our 'tranferees' want to be in and out, no further expenses beyond the required state sales tax and the transfer fee. The vast majority of these so-called "customers" only view our shop as a necessary evil in order for them to get the gun that they want. They are typically not regulars, only interested in us as a gun shop version of UPS or FedEx. I'm actually fine with that menial role, but compensation should be commiserate for the RISK that we take as THE FFL that is the ones responsible for the accuracy and validity of their background checks. The internet seller avoids all of that; their only 'risk' is that they document correctly the gun leaving their bound book and who the gun went to.

Come to think of it, we've had several guns come in from sellers who've shown that they can't even do the latter right (Seriously? Forgetting a copy of your FFL? Or the name of the person who BOUGHT the gun? Or not providing a means of *contact* to the buyer?). Pathetic stuff, and a more than VALID reason why cheap transfer fees aren't profit viable when the receiving FFL has to spend the time and effort chasing all this bullshit down.

Probably in the minds of ATF it's a good thing that those sellers aren't doing background checks.

As to on-topic: we STILL haven't seen a 365 come in from SIG yet. Our true regulars are chomping at the bit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: soggy_spinout,

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought one today but forgot to check the born on date. Had the Xray sights though. Pickup is in 10 days. I was blown away at how small the grip is front to back on this thing. Much smaller than the G43.

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
SIG has advised a few distributors that the next batch would be released sometime in April. They will have the barrel peening issue fix and come with X-Ray sights.

Picked mine up at the SIG Pro Shop last Friday, it has X-Ray sights.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
Just got the notification from Top Gun supply and I put it in my cart and went to check out and the site crashed on me. Really pisses me off.

Posts: 472 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pops572:
quote:

Phil Strader posted on facebook if it has the BXR3 part number on the box it would be the most up to date version.

The one I picked up from Bass Pro on the 5th of this month was the updated one with the BXR3 part number.

No need to wait until April

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cfiore:
Just got the notification from Top Gun supply and I put it in my cart and went to check out and the site crashed on me. Really pisses me off.

I didn’t even get that far - or with the earlier alert from Grabagun.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like these are double stack P290's with the striker instead of hammer fired mechanism.

I carry my P290 with the 8+1 round mag, so the P365 will give me 2 more rounds, have the same small size, slightly lighter than the P290, and have the same low-shot group that these small size guns with their particular grip angle will give many shooters. For all of that, I can wait until sometime later this year to buy after making sure all the beta-testing is complete. But, with the $49 magazines, well, I don't know if I'd ever buy the gun. I have plenty of mags for the P290's.

Posts: 695 | Registered: June 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valleyforge.1777:
Sounds like these are double stack P290's with the striker instead of hammer fired mechanism.

I carry my P290 with the 8+1 round mag, so the P365 will give me 2 more rounds, have the same small size, slightly lighter than the P290, and have the same low-shot group that these small size guns with their particular grip angle will give many shooters. For all of that, I can wait until sometime later this year to buy after making sure all the beta-testing is complete. But, with the $49 magazines, well, I don't know if I'd ever buy the gun. I have plenty of mags for the P290's.

Yep, the P365 is what replaced the P290 model.

And whenever someone says they won’t buy a $600 dollar gun because mags are too expensive at $50 bucks each, I am always a bit confused. Yeah, they are overpriced but this isn’t an AR. How many mags do people normally have for their ultra compact carry pistols? When I get a P365, I will probably buy one or maybe two of the 12 round mags. The extra $50 to $100 won’t hurt, it’s the price of the gun that will. It’s not like they are H&K P7M13 mags afterall...

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many mags do people normally have for their ultra compact carry pistols?

6 mags is a minimum for all semi auto handguns.

2-3 mags for carry, 2-3 for training / range / replacements.

Expensive mags are a sole reason to avoid a firearm, but when thinking about changing from a G43 to a P365, it factors in to it because I account for the $$ required to change not only the firearm, but the magazines, holsters, mag carriers, break in ammo for the weapon / magazines, etc. Yes some is offset by selling the older weapon once the new one is good.
But still it all comes into play.

YMMV.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I try to maintain 10 mags per firearm, but only carry two spare magazines. Everything else is extra in the event they're harder to get, and I often buy mags only when there's a good deal to be found, instead of new, off the shelf.

I can get by with three mags until a good deal comes along. I can always replace the mag springs, if needed.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

Top Gun Supply?

I've always been happy with my holsters from Garrett Industries. Kydex shell lined with leather. http://www.giholsters.com/

"Politics is to Philosophy as Engineering is to Science."

Posts: 183 | Location: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I'm another one that tries to have six mags minimum per handgun. When I ordered my P10C guns I ordered an extra six mags at the same time so I had ten mags shared between the two guns.

I will wait to see if I like the flush or extended mag on the P365 before I pony up for extra mags. I'll have to borrow someone's 12 round mag to see if I like it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jayko:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

Top Gun Supply?

I've always been happy with my holsters from Garrett Industries. Kydex shell lined with leather. http://www.giholsters.com/

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...olster-for-sale.html

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post