SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
SHOT 2018 release?

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Looks like it has a polymer frame, interesting.

Could Sig be dipping a toe into the single stack 9mm market?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NoQuota:

A market that they've already been in for quite some time. Think P220(9mm), P210(A)(9mm), P239, P225(A).

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS:
quote:
Originally posted by NoQuota:

A market that they've already been in for quite some time. Think P220(9mm), P210(A)(9mm), P239, P225(A).

And the P290. And the P938.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I think he’s talking about single stack 9 mm polymer striker.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I think he’s talking about single stack 9 mm polymer striker.

Yup.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
There's an RFP out for modular handguns for CBP that includes a subcompact size requirement. Perhaps this is meant for a USG element vs. a consumer one (initially)

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
There's an RFP out for modular handguns for CBP that includes a subcompact size requirement. Perhaps this is meant for a USG element vs. a consumer one (initially)

RFP? CBP? How about plain English for those of us who are ignorant? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
RFP? CBP? How about plain English for those of us who are ignorant?

Is PGT a USG? That is why a RFP is needed for a CBP!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
If its anything like the LC9 size, I'll buy it.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

LOL, sorry. A Request For Information (RFI) was let from Customs & Border Protection in Jan 2017 to replace 52,000 handguns. The follow-on would be a Request For Proposal (RFP).

Think MHS for the Army but CPB needs their own brand of special.

https://govtribe.com/project/cbp-handgun-rfi

(PDF link at the bottom for the requirements)

Edit - looks like a "Sources Sought" was issued, meaning CBP is polling the market for interested bidders. Next step, RFP.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=op...ba&tab=core&_cview=0

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:

2.0 SCOPE

2.1 The intent of CBP is to contract for a family of 9mm Luger semi-automatic duty pistols (including red inert training pistols and blue marking training pistols), replacement parts, and armorer training. This statement of work delineates the required performance and technical specifications for these items.

2.2 Pistols shall be light-weight, striker fired, semi-automatic, and be chambered in 9mm Luger (9x19mm).

2.3 The family of firearms shall include three variations of sizes, with an emphasis on modularity.

2.4 Replacement parts shall be available and include a comprehensive list of all parts that comprise each complete pistol.

2.5 Armorer training shall be included on an annual basis throughout the contract.

2.6 Additional administrative support shall be required, including but not limited to customer service support and invoicing/payment support.

2.7 The pistols will be issued to current officers and agents in the field, as well as to students at the various academies within CBP.

2.8 CBP will endeavor to ensure the safety of all officers and agents within DHS by requiring a certified quality control plan.

2.9 Vendor shall provide manufacturer’s technical specifications and performance test data of items required for submission. All required testing shall take place at a certified National Institute of Justice (NIJ) test laboratory. Specifications shall address all technical requirements listed within this document.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I'd imagine it's G43/Shield sized?

I just gave my Shield to my brother. As much as I liked it I never carried it, which means I'd never really shoot it.

I'm hoping the Sig 365 is more like a single stack HK -SK pistol. I really like the P30sk, but it just feels so fat and heavy for how small it is, especially given how light yet handy the Glock and S&W single stacks handle.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I hope it's drop safe. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
Yes, polymer striker subcompact, like the Shield, G43,LC9.

A Shield 9 has been my EDC since 2013 it will take something very special to replace it.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

Request For Proposal. Customs and Border Protection.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:
RFP? CBP? How about plain English for those of us who are ignorant?

Is PGT a USG? That is why a RFP is needed for a CBP!

I swear, we need a thread stickied somewhere that explains the alphabet soup used 'round here! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
You try it first Wink

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interested. Looks like an early prototype test. Rail looks like old USP design.

Are these modular designs with sub, compact, fullsize?

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
'RFP' I knew from my days in the building construction world. Now 'CBP' OTOH (I'm going to assume anyone whose been on the web for any length of time should by now know THAT one)...I was guessing 'Canadian', not 'Customs'. Yeah, acronyms can be a frickin' challenge to figger out.

It's a new year and SIG is bound to intro the gun at some point. So a SHOT reveal doesn't seem like much of a stretch. But it's already a crowded playing field with a lot of downward pricing pressure; good luck to them with this.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post