SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
That's four more rounds and night sights from the factory. Hoping once things settle down, it'll be around $450-$475 street price.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
That's four more rounds and night sights from the factory. Hoping once things settle down, it'll be around $450-$475 street price.

I ordered one yesterday from my LGS. The price was $499.95 + tax. I didn’t think that was too bad.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Wonder if different calibers are planned for the future?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Anybody heard on any of the reviews if the sights are interchangeable with the other P series sights?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Not sure that would be advantageous.

To go to larger calibers of course would mean a reduction in capacity, other than 40 caliber eg. 45 acp would mean increase in size.

Maybe a 14 round Makarov chambered P365? Cool Eek Cool

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Big Grin I'd be in. Heck, I can easily see them deciding that it would just be too easy to offer a .380 ACP version if SIG decides there might be a market for it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't read through the whole thread about the P365, but does it have a safety? DAO? DA/SA?
I apologize - I'm too lazy to read through 10 pages of posts.

Tango Alpha Leather Goods

Posts: 97 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triggernosis:
I haven't read through the whole thread about the P365, but does it have a safety? DAO? DA/SA?
I apologize - I'm too lazy to read through 10 pages of posts.

Pretty much a P320 style trigger. 5.5 lb. striker fired. Short reset.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
SIG could probably port it to .40 in the same size, losing one round of mag capacity. But in .40, the gun would probably be a handful to shoot.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Not sure that would be advantageous.

To go to larger calibers of course would mean a reduction in capacity, other than 40 caliber eg. 45 acp would mean increase in size.

Maybe a 14 round Makarov chambered P365? Cool Eek Cool

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig is checking all the boxes with this pistol and yet they find a way to screw it up with a proprietary rail.. probably won’t stop me from getting one but I’ll be damned if I buy a light for it from them

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^is it because a standard picatinny would be too wide based on the width of the frame? Either way I'm sure a company will have an adapter before too long. Not a gun I'd stick a light on anyway for how I'd use it.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Who puts a light on a pocket gun?

TCB all the time...

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
It looks very interesting. I'm curious if there are any plans for different (larger) single stack grip modules since it is removable. The size to capacity ratio is impressive. As far as the rail, I could care less. I don't carry lights on my pocket carry (maybe some people do) and I'm glad it dosen't have a useless cheesegrater on the bottom of the dustcover.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

Is there some law against it?

Lights on everything except the J-frame BUGs.

Then again I'm sure Streamlight will make a TLR6 for the P365, so I see it as a non-issue really. Time will tell if the new magazine / SIG pistol lives up to the hype.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Personally, I'd use it as a belt carry, not a pocket gun, so a light would be viable.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
The complaints about the proprietary rail don't make any sense to me.

So the two biggest competitors to the P365 are the G43 and the M&P Shield 9mm, right? So where are the people complaining about the complete lack of ANY rail on those guns?

The real innovation of P365 is the smallest possible CCW gun with the largest possible capacity. A picatinny rail dimension by definition is .835" wide and .367" tall. I'm guessing those dimensions were incompatible with the design intentions of the P365.

Nobody said that only Sig could make a light that fits it, so who cares if it's proprietary. How about the G42? It didn't have a to-spec picatinny rail, and somehow that wasn't the end of the world. Streamlight quickly stepped up and made a light that would fit it just as the picture above shows. They did the same with the Shield as well. Why would the P365 be any different? Streamlight gets a P365, measures the rail, and viola they can make lights that fit if the market demand is there. This isn't exactly rocket surgery.

How about we see how the gun and the aftermarket support actually shape up before we get so worked up over such a trivial issue?

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A lot of comparisons to the G43. I would like to see it next to a G26. I was about to get a G26 but may wait to see how this pans out.

Thats because its barely smaller than the G43 in almost every dimension. So the comparison would be exactly the same as comparing a G43 to a G26. Its way smaller than the G26.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3503 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The complaints about the proprietary rail don't make any sense to me.

We're humans, and some folks just like to find something to bitch about, plus it gets the post count up..

quote:
So the two biggest competitors to the P365 are the G43 and the M&P Shield 9mm, right? So where are the people complaining about the complete lack of ANY rail on those guns?

Oh they are out there, give it time, in the meantime, just tell them you've ordered a new vehicle with a 10 speed automatic transmission and sit back to watch the complaints.

back on the P365, doesn't matter to me about the rail system, I don't put lights/lasers on pocket guns, no reason to add bulk or weight JMO, and if folks don't like Sigs system, buy another brand...

My bet is most bitching is from folks that wouldn't buy it anyway they just like to complain about stuff. Razz

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Wow. After 10 years or so in the Glock world, I'll be coming home to Sig as soon as possible. Glad I procrastinated buying a G43. I'll be retiring the G26.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
back on the P365, doesn't matter to me about the rail system, I don't put lights/lasers on pocket guns, no reason to add bulk or weight JMO, and if folks don't like Sigs system, buy another brand...

I agree with that. The P365 looks pretty neat and I wouldn't mind having one. Lights etc have no place on my concealed carry gun. But at least for now, I'm not moving off of my G43. It took me over 20 years of concealed carry trial and error to find a gun that works for me as well as the G43. Never say never though. Once the wrinkles are worked out (yep there probably will be some) I might give it a go.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post