SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
The improper barrel hood to slide fit that is causing the peening and mushrooming would also be a likely culprit in being slightly out of battery.

At least the disconnector works well, killing the trigger while being slightly OOB.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Between Sig's (poor) track record over the past few years with several platforms, and these initial reports of failures, I'm not going to be in any hurry to purchase a P365. And then, only if it proves to have same reliability as my Glock 43. With TTI +2 mag extenders, I don't feel the least undergunned with a 8+1 G43 and spare mag as compared to a 10+1 P365. If I did, I would go quickly move to my much loved G19!

Made in Texas, in the good ole' U.S. of A.

Posts: 241 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I handled one today. Very impressed. Can't believe that grip holds 10rds. Trigger is excellent, I dare say it's as good as the apex in my shield. If they get any issues worked out and are reliable I want one.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 241 | Registered: October 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I agree on the trigger...very nice. I’m sticking with my PPS for now but I’ll probably end up with one of these down the road after I’m able to rent one for a test drive.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lounga:
HickOK45 and the P365.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29qgsP9B-E

Ahh and at the 23:44 mark the gun goes out of battery.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Good video, no issues even with monster hands.

This is what makes me very curious. They say everything was designed around the magazine. But if you look at the following mags there really isn't much difference other than height.

Sig P365
W=0.899in
H=3.024in

P99c
W=0.804in
H=3.20in

Sig P250
W=0.856in
H=3.43in

Granted I'm not an engineering and not the best with calipers but even look at them. The Walther P99c mag is thinner than the P365, but slightly taller with both carrying 10 rounds

The P250 isn't much thicker either, so why are the competitor guns so much bigger and thicker?

This dawned on my after grabbing the P99 mags by accident.

So I don't think the secret really lies with the mag.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually it didnt look to me like it came out of battery, but instead when he rides the slide forward just a little smidge while chambering the first round of that last mag, it didnt go into battery all the way... I've done that on a few guns Wink

These guys seem to think it's more grip than gun problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZwKuJjnDmc

Who knows for sure?, but I'm confident that Sig will have it sorted out in short order regardless and am strongly considering making it my first sub-compact gun (well if you dont count my old Interarms PPK/S)

Posts: 2689 | Location: Orlando Area | Registered: February 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't be a grip problem; it's a Sig. Should be able to hold the thing any way you want. I don't have the strongest grip or the best grip technique and I can not get a problem like this to happen with my P228's, P229's, P239, and even with my little P290RS's, even when I intentionally hold them in a dainty way, trying to limp wrist them just to make them have a malfunction. Can't do it; they're Sig's. This thing should not be more prone to malfunction than a P290, so I just don't buy it that the problem is the grip. I've tried at the range a bunch of times and I just can not poor-grip my P290's or any of my P-series hammer-fired Sigs to malfunction.
Blaming a mechanical problem that results from a design flaw on the shooter's technique is such a cheap way out. Make the gun reliable for hard-fought rough-and-tumble self-defense.

And, let's face it, if it IS the shooter's grip that's the problem, the P365 is worthless. In a gunfight for your life, how the hell do you know how you're going to wind up holding the thing at the exact moment that your life comes down to you firing that shot, or not?

Posts: 695 | Registered: June 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont think Ive seen anything about limp wristing and concur with you.

That clip with the 3 IDPA shooters references riding the slide with their thumb..

Posts: 2689 | Location: Orlando Area | Registered: February 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I really looking forward to buying one of these.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I specifically mean allowing one's thumbs to ride the slide, or to contact it in any way.

I'm not sure when this technique became vogue. It's certainly 'the way' to shoot semis now.

Try that with a revolver, though...

I have always shot these itty-bitty semis in the same manner as a revolver, keeping my thumbs away from the slide.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
quote:
Originally posted by Lounga:
HickOK45 and the P365.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29qgsP9B-E

Ahh and at the 23:44 mark the gun goes out of battery.
He was obviously used to it, since it tapped the slide without hesitation.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I specifically mean allowing one's thumbs to ride the slide, or to contact it in any way.

I'm not sure when this technique became vogue. It's certainly 'the way' to shoot semis now.

Didn't the military or someone teach people to shoot the 1911 with their thumbs on top of the safety lever?

I'm a creature of the krunchenticker age - thumbs are always pointed straight forward along the frame or curled down.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:
Good video, no issues even with monster hands.

This is what makes me very curious. They say everything was designed around the magazine. But if you look at the following mags there really isn't much difference other than height.

Sig P365
W=0.899in
H=3.024in

P99c
W=0.804in
H=3.20in

Sig P250
W=0.856in
H=3.43in

Granted I'm not an engineering and not the best with calipers but even look at them. The Walther P99c mag is thinner than the P365, but slightly taller with both carrying 10 rounds

The P250 isn't much thicker either, so why are the competitor guns so much bigger and thicker?

This dawned on my after grabbing the P99 mags by accident.

So I don't think the secret really lies with the mag.

It’s the top of the mags than narrow down to allow a narrow frame, not the bottom. The wide mag tops require the frame grip to be fat right where it meets the slide.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJM365
posted Hide Post
I own the P365.....I have never owned a SIG before, I am not a SIG fanboy....I AM a P365 fanboy.

I picked up the first one from my LGS on Saturday, put 125 rounds through it on Sunday and 350 through it on Tuesday.

The gun IS phenomenal. Slide to frame fit is 2nd to none. trigger is 2nd to none, accuracy is 2nd to none, rapid fire controlability is 2nd to none, reliabilty is 100% no matter what I shoot....no reloads. No out of battery.

My brother put 100 rounds through it and immediately ordered one.

I have owned many polymer pistols, not one has ever had a hiccup. The only gun I have owned that ever malfunctioned was a Colt 1911 with my first reloads.

That being said, after the first 125 rounds there was very slight peening....cleaned, stoned off any burrs there and there was no further peening.

That begs the question: What is break in? Well, its "mating" of moving parts.....fair description?

So what does mating mean? As a former journeyman machinist, I would say the parts wear in to each other.... yes?

I will keep a wary eye on it, naturally, but if SIG needs to do anything other than add a lb. or 2 to the recoil spring or shave a few thousandths I'd be shocked.

The gun IS a game changer and that is really the only reason I ever bought a SIG.....So far it's saweeeet.

Posts: 20 | Registered: January 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice post GJM365. Glad you are happy with your purchase. I too have one on order and in a strange way am happy so many here have decided to wait on their purchase which will help me move up the line at my local LGS. After shooting any new firearm I also look for any sharp spots that might need minor stoning or smoothing. I wish more people would follow this practice. In my long lifetime of shooting I have only sent two firearms back to the factory. Probably just lucky.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
With all of the early problems being reported why are people here so quick to post to everyone that they will still blindly give their money to Sig for a product that will most likely be in a 2nd revision before it's even out for a month?
I sure as hell wouldn't brag if I did.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I have watched a couple of the "problem" 365 videos. I noticed that the problem guns were not cleaned before shooting and it appeared in at least two of the videos that the shooters hands made contact with the slide.

Having unpacked a brand new P365 in the shop and seen the large amount of grease.......all over the gun, from the factory, I am not surprised at all that the shooters experienced some problems. The only real surprise, to me, is that they didnt have MORE problems.

Clean the gun before firing it and keep your hands clear of the slide while shooting it. Then tell the world your troubles with the gun. My 0.02 Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJM365
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
I have watched a couple of the "problem" 365 videos. I noticed that the problem guns were not cleaned before shooting and it appeared in at least two of the videos that the shooters hands made contact with the slide.

Having unpacked a brand new P365 in the shop and seen the large amount of grease.......all over the gun, from the factory, I am not surprised at all that the shooters experienced some problems. The only real surprise, to me, is that they didnt have MORE problems.

Clean the gun before firing it and keep your hands clear of the slide while shooting it. Then tell the world your troubles with the gun. My 0.02 Regards 18DAI

Good points....The gun out of the box is LOADED with white grease....it takes a few cleanings to remove it all.

Posts: 20 | Registered: January 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post