https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2790044534

January 11, 2018, 04:16 PM
Rob Decker
P365....SHOT 2018?
quote:
Originally posted by SGT45:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
Sooooo....when you look at the Soldier Systems article...on that picture with the P365 overlaid on the silhouettes of its competitors, it sure as hell looks like there's a low profile safety lever on the back end of it.

All the other pictures show two levers on the left side - a slide lock and a takedown lever. The only one that shows this mystery third lever (which I'm presuming is a manual safety option) is the overlay, but nothing in the literature.

I'm not terribly surprised they'd offer this as an option, considering one of their leading competitors (M&P Shield) comes with or without safety.

Then again, maybe just a photoshop whoopsie? But that doesn't look like the safety from the other designs listed...?

I know I am in the minority, but I would prefer a manual safety like on my P320's

Provided it's ambi, wholeheartedly concur.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.
January 11, 2018, 04:40 PM
gordynismo
quote:
Originally posted by SGT45:

I know I am in the minority, but I would prefer a manual safety like on my P320's

Can't argue with that.
January 11, 2018, 07:24 PM
Phelen_Kell
quote:
Originally posted by Malysh:
I noticed reading an on-line article from either Guns Magazine or Guns & Ammo about the new 365, that the lock-work/chasis in the P365 can be removed from the polymer frame like the P320 series pistols.

Do those articles state it's removeable? I haven't read those, the ones I have read state it just looks like it's removeable.
January 11, 2018, 10:58 PM
Malysh
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
quote:
Originally posted by Malysh:
I noticed reading an on-line article from either Guns Magazine or Guns & Ammo about the new 365, that the lock-work/chasis in the P365 can be removed from the polymer frame like the P320 series pistols.

Do those articles state it's removeable? I haven't read those, the ones I have read state it just looks like it's removeable.

Phelen, that's an interesting question. I will try to re-read the info and see what I can find out.
January 12, 2018, 07:02 AM
18DAI
We got in some Sig 365 promo info yesterday at the shop I work part time in.

Included was an actual size cardboard cut out and some actual size photos. The Sig 365 is about as thin as a PPS. And about the size, overall, of my beloved CS9. And it is +P rated.

I now see myself owning one. Loaded with Ranger 127 grain +P. My new gun for when I cant have a gun. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change
January 12, 2018, 07:50 AM
smithnsig
A lot of comparisons to the G43. I would like to see it next to a G26. I was about to get a G26 but may wait to see how this pans out.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
January 12, 2018, 10:00 AM
GJM365
Good article in Guns and Ammo
http://www.gunsandammo.com/han...look-sig-sauer-p365/
January 12, 2018, 10:24 AM
Snake207
Per the article above ^^^

"The chassis/fire control unit is also serialized and removable, just like the P320."

I have to say, this has my interest.
As much as it's a XDs/Shield (which I own and rarely carry except during summer in short & t-shirt), the increased capacity, factory NS, grip cuts, etc. does get attention.

I'll be interested to see how it feels in the hand and how it shoots compared to it's competitors.

January 12, 2018, 10:57 AM
Malysh
Thanks, Snake. You saved me from re-reading the article.
It's what I thought I read.

Mike
January 12, 2018, 12:00 PM
BBMW
Found this somewhere else. Somewhat useful for size comparison:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,
January 12, 2018, 05:13 PM
45_Auto
I'm on the waiting list for one from the Pro Shop. SIG built 45 of them yesterday, some minor bugs to work out. Production will be ramped up right after Shot Show.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.
January 12, 2018, 05:45 PM
BBMW
^
I'd skip the first few production runs. Maybe 6 months to a year down the line I'd pick one up.
January 12, 2018, 06:25 PM
JAFO
Looking at those pictures, I'm almost afraid the grip will be too thin right behind the trigger.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates
January 12, 2018, 07:05 PM
MrToad
I'd be very interested in trying one of these out.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.
January 12, 2018, 08:20 PM
Knighthawk
I'm not sure if I missed it gong through the pages on this subject or the Sig website but...what is the trigger pull weight?

Thanks in advance

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” -Theodore Roosevelt
January 12, 2018, 08:55 PM
JBird679
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
I occasionally carry a Kahr when I can't carry anything larger. The one issue I have is their magazines. Top round of my spare mag usually ends up in the mag holder in my pocket after a day. The 365 may replace my Kahrs if their mags are any more reliable than the Kahr single stack.

Offtopic but FYI, Lakeline LLC makes a metal follower which resolves this issue. It's pricey at $20, but you only need 1 or 2. It works very well.
January 12, 2018, 09:29 PM
Sig209
quote:
Originally posted by Knighthawk:
I'm not sure if I missed it gong through the pages on this subject or the Sig website but...what is the trigger pull weight?

Thanks in advance

one article said in the 5 lb range

"Trigger pull weight is estimated to be in the low 5-pound range with a short, positive reset and a trigger shoe design similar to the P320"

which I believe is around the standard Glock range...

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
January 12, 2018, 09:49 PM
sigarms229
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
I occasionally carry a Kahr when I can't carry anything larger. The one issue I have is their magazines. Top round of my spare mag usually ends up in the mag holder in my pocket after a day. The 365 may replace my Kahrs if their mags are any more reliable than the Kahr single stack.

Offtopic but FYI, Lakeline LLC makes a metal follower which resolves this issue. It's pricey at $20, but you only need 1 or 2. It works very well.

Thanks for posting this. It might resolve my biggest complaint with the Kahr magazines.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six
January 13, 2018, 05:12 PM
Fundman
Does anyone know if the striker is fully cocked (SA) or only partially cocked (DA) by the slides movement?
January 13, 2018, 09:42 PM
sigspecops
The single stack nines that sell for under $300 will sell just because their cheap but the sales of the others, the G43 in particular could really suffer if the 365 is priced in the same neighborhood. Even if you're a die hard glock fan it would be hard to not choose 4 more rounds in the same size.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain