SIGforum
P365....SHOT 2018?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/2790044534

January 10, 2018, 09:55 AM
Rob Decker
P365....SHOT 2018?
Sooooo....when you look at the Soldier Systems article...on that picture with the P365 overlaid on the silhouettes of its competitors, it sure as hell looks like there's a low profile safety lever on the back end of it.

All the other pictures show two levers on the left side - a slide lock and a takedown lever. The only one that shows this mystery third lever (which I'm presuming is a manual safety option) is the overlay, but nothing in the literature.

I'm not terribly surprised they'd offer this as an option, considering one of their leading competitors (M&P Shield) comes with or without safety.

Then again, maybe just a photoshop whoopsie? But that doesn't look like the safety from the other designs listed...?

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.
January 10, 2018, 12:38 PM
AUTiger89
At first glance, it looks like a beautiful pistol.

I've read the comments and articles and have been thinking about it. Something that struck me is that this fills some roles that people here on SIGforum have been asking for.

Some of the things I've seen mentioned are the desire for a polymer P239, a single-stack P320, P250, or SIG Pro.

This is kind of a cross-point between those desires, and has better capacity than other pistols in this marketing space - the Shield, Glock 43, and Walther PPS.

I don't like rails on my carry gun, but this rail appears pretty unobtrusive. The grip texturing looks similar to that on the P250/P320. Personally, I would like to see a hammer-fired model.

At this point, I am very interested in this pistol.

Phone's ringing, Dude.
January 10, 2018, 02:06 PM
Draggun
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
539.00 shipped on pre-order at sportsman outdoor superstore

Very intrigued, but i can wait 6-12 months to see how things shake out. Capacity is king, and if it's as shootable as they say could be a real option for a lot of people.

Paired with a Kopis holster from Tier 1, and i can see this being a nice easy summer carry. Add a 12 round mag and you have 23 rounds in a very small footprint.

My sentiments exactly. Although I will readily admit, as this gun makes all the rounds on YouTube and forums, it may get hard to wait on this. Promised myself I would be a beta tester anymore.

It really does fit a unique niche between all the popular single stack and competes will with subcompacts with the 12+1 capacity.
January 10, 2018, 03:03 PM
Blackwater
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:

Promised myself I would be a beta tester anymore.

It really does fit a unique niche between all the popular single stack and competes will with subcompacts with the 12+1 capacity.

+1
I think I have 1 more beta test cycle left in me.

Joe
January 10, 2018, 03:19 PM
isthatasiginyourpocket
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
quote:

+1

I hate being a beta tester also and I love my PPS M2 but I shoot my 320s so well. It's taking a lot of self control not to pre-order the 365.
January 10, 2018, 03:38 PM
cooger
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
quote:

+1

I hate being a beta tester also and I love my PPS M2 but I shoot my 320s so well. It's taking a lot of self control not to pre-order the 365.

I’m sure it’s been posted already but what are these selling for?

I love my Glock 43 but sometimes I don’t like the low capacity. The 365 looks good.
January 10, 2018, 05:20 PM
jdmb03
quote:
Originally posted by TrojanX4:
Looks like mags will be pricey:

P365 Mags

I don't understand the outrageous mag prices.
January 10, 2018, 05:23 PM
Il Cattivo
I'm not entirely sure I'm worried about mag prices. Once they became available, 225A1 and 10-round 227 mags popped up here and there at a bit over $30. Still not cheap, but not as expensive as when they first appeared.
January 10, 2018, 08:47 PM
smithnsig
That grip looks small front to back. I hope it’s not like a polymer Kahr grip. Those were too small for me. Felt like I would lose it in my hand a bit. P290 was that way a bit also.

If it’s still shootable like a G26 I might try one out.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
January 11, 2018, 04:13 AM
gatopescado
I'm definitely interested in getting one! I will probably wait a year or two, but I will get one eventually. My agency will be going to 9mm from the .40 probably in a year or two so when my duty gun changes I will pick one up at that time to carry off duty.

I have a Shield in .40 right now, and I like it pretty good. I put fiber optic sights on it and the talon grips. Those two upgrades really help out on that gun a lot. So with the sticky looking grips and the night sights on the P365 I think you are getting some pretty good value there.

And the prices for extra mags, yeah they are high but I would probably only pick up one or two more mags at the most.
January 11, 2018, 04:57 AM
GeorgeP
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Proprietary rail = no. You’d have thought SIG learned their lesson with the original P220ST but I guess not.

I am sorry but i can't agree with that. The micro market this is in almost all has not rail.
Glock 43 has no rail at all and all the lights are specialty items for that gun only. Same with the Shield and Ruger LC9. You cant put any standard light laser on those -- and who would want to put a big light in a micro?
I don't want to buy a micro that has been engineered and smoothed (dehorned); and then stick a bunch of sharp deep cuts in the frame that are perpendicular to draw and likely to snag and catch on draw or holstering.
Sig comes up with a better solution than anyone else, several different companies are likely going to be making a specialized light that fits (just like you have to Glock, S&W, ruger micros) and a handful of people are complaining??

sig's 35 rail is genius. it is the best of both worlds. It gives MORE engineering and design options for light/laser makers and does not have the downside of picatinny or weaver.
January 11, 2018, 05:06 AM
GeorgeP
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
quote:

P365 Mags

One of the key elements is the ground breaking mag. I see no problem in sig recovering the engineering costs.

One spare 12 round mag, a expense of $50 and you have 32 rounds in mags. You'd need to buy three extra mags to get that in a g43.

buy a glock 43 and want to have 30 rounds total in mags? you have to buy:
3 more inefficiently packed, six round, plastic mags

buy a p365 and want to have 30 to 32 total rounds? you have to buy:
1 more modern design steel mag

g43 five mags = 31 rounds
p365 three mags = 31 to 33 rounds
January 11, 2018, 05:19 AM
Excam_Man
^^^ Marketing 101

The 365 sure brought in a bunch of new forum members. Wink

January 11, 2018, 08:06 AM
snwghst
quote:
quote:

P365 Mags

Dont step into the P210 arena then Big Grin

especially for the 22LR conversions

Though on topic....

I'm interested, will wait til I can hold one first

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever
January 11, 2018, 09:06 AM
Chowser
Finally, I can stop complaining about HK45C mag prices and start complaining about P365 mag prices. I would probably just buy one 12 round mag and be done. Assuming I buy the P365.

Not minority enough!
January 11, 2018, 10:57 AM
Prefontaine
quote:
quote:

P365 Mags

Easy to explain. Sell firearm for low low price (once the new new wears off you can bet your ass these things will be priced super competitive in the marketplace), then charge a high price on magazines to recoup the discounts you sold the pistol at. They are following HK’s lead. Small margins on firearm (initially), high profit margin on magazines. Like anything brand new they must recoup their r&d. Although unlike HK, ina year or two, the magazines won’t remain high priced.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
January 11, 2018, 11:13 AM
Malysh
I noticed reading an on-line article from either Guns Magazine or Guns & Ammo about the new 365, that the lock-work/chasis in the P365 can be removed from the polymer frame like the P320 series pistols.
It makes me wonder if SIG has plans to offer the P365 with different size or width grip modules in the future??
January 11, 2018, 11:40 AM
SGT45
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
Sooooo....when you look at the Soldier Systems article...on that picture with the P365 overlaid on the silhouettes of its competitors, it sure as hell looks like there's a low profile safety lever on the back end of it.

All the other pictures show two levers on the left side - a slide lock and a takedown lever. The only one that shows this mystery third lever (which I'm presuming is a manual safety option) is the overlay, but nothing in the literature.

I'm not terribly surprised they'd offer this as an option, considering one of their leading competitors (M&P Shield) comes with or without safety.

Then again, maybe just a photoshop whoopsie? But that doesn't look like the safety from the other designs listed...?

I know I am in the minority, but I would prefer a manual safety like on my P320's

SGT 45
P320 Compact 9mm w/ MS (3)
P320 Compact 9mm FDE
P320 Compact/Carry 9mm FDE
P320 Compact .45 w/MS
P938
P229
--- Lots of Glocks
January 11, 2018, 12:02 PM
2Adefender
Looks like a nice carry gun...I'm interested...but I'm going to wait a year and let others test it out. I'm sure there will be a Gen 2 version out by then, as happened with a number of other new SIG products. In the meantime, I'm cool with my PPS.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.
January 11, 2018, 01:18 PM
Mr.9mm
I occasionally carry a Kahr when I can't carry anything larger. The one issue I have is their magazines. Top round of my spare mag usually ends up in the mag holder in my pocket after a day. The 365 may replace my Kahrs if their mags are any more reliable than the Kahr single stack.