SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
From the pictures, it looks like the mag release is the same design as on my SP 2022 and on the 320. Does that mean it is also reversible for us lefties? This morning SIG customer service couldn't tell me for sure.

Posts: 31 | Registered: December 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Almost double the capacity of my G43? Color me interested.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the looks of it. And the capacity.

But, like others, I also have a concern of carrying with a light trigger striker fired pistol. I have shied away from the new Ruger LCP II for that reason. I use the earlier version. And I also always use a pocket holster.

I like my Sig P290RS because it is hammer fired. I can put my thumb on the hammer when drawing, and the trigger pull is still reasonable. It is safer in my opinion. And you can carry 8+1 if you like.

Also, the P365 seems very much like the Glock 26, which I like a lot. But I don't carry it in my pocket (slightly too big) and I wouldn't carry it with the chamber loaded. I know others would, and that's their thing, but there is that "Glock Leg" issue out there. I don't know how prevalent it is, but its something to think about.

But I still like Sig products, (Love my P228), and I will take a look at the P365. If it feels right and shoots well, its something to consider. And the rail doesn't matter much either way to me.

Posts: 35 | Registered: June 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Why do I think the G43 gen2 and the Shield 3.0 are going to have this type of magazine?

quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Almost double the capacity of my G43? Color me interested.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely an aesthetics guy. I don't like the way it looks. I love the shape of that classic P228 trigger guard but I've always hated that down-swept beveled slide. Why couldn't they use the classic traditional milled shape?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Keystoner,

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those must be some thin walled magazines, as well as the polymer comprising the grip.
Not in love with the kinked trigger guard, and the “finger groove(s)” are a hoot.
But it’s a SIG and has a bunch of ammo crammed into a G43 sized gun. Gotta check it out.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Been looking at a HK P30SK LEM. I might just need to wait to see what this new Sig offers..

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
A local dealer has one, $569. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
A local dealer has one, $569. Roll Eyes

They will plummet in price once the new wears off. I got my P320 for $340 from a recall panicker.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
You thought HK mags prices were bad.......

$50 - $55 according to the website

Ill wait for the rainbow tread plate version ...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tekmassa:
Walther PPS M2 specs:
Weight (empty): 21.1 oz
Height: 4.4" (w/ 6 round flush fit mag)
Overall Length: 6.3"
Width: 1"

SIG P365 specs:
Weight (empty): 17.8 oz
Height: 4.3" (w/ 10 round flush fit mag)
Overall Length: 5.8"
Width: 1"

So, substantially smaller than my PPS and 4 extra rounds? I'm most definitely interested!

And this is why I love this forum.

I had exactly the same question and not only did you do my homework for me, you showed your math.

Many thanks! Smile

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I’ll be able to find a cheap p320 subcompact x-change kit in the classifieds!

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Actual Measurements:

Glock 43 slide - 0.86" wide
Glock 43 grip - .092" wide
Glock 43 across slide catch area - 1.05"

Glock 26 slide - 1.00" wide
Glock 26 grip - 1.18" wide
Glock 26 across slide catch area - 1.19"

My G19 and G26 before it is 1 1/8” wide in the slide.

My Gen4 G19, G26, and G17 MOS all have 1.00" wide slides, measured with Mitutoyo digital calipers.

Posts: 4702 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
Don't understand why people are getting so hung up on the propriety rail. Because of the small size of his pistol you would end up using a light that was designed specifically for the 365 anyway. You wouldn't want to mount a unit that was designed for a picatinny rail even if you could because it would be huge compared to the pistol's size.

It’s not that we think we need the rail (My Nano is a great CCW piece.) but the arrogance of compelling you to their version of life. If I want a gun that size with a rail, I want one that actually gives me choices. It’s why I’m not a USP fan — great gun worthless rail system.

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
Looks like mags will be pricey:

P365 Mags

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
A local dealer has one, $569

A big shop over in Jamison, PA is taking pre-orders at $499

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Wonder if the P365 will also be offered as an X-Carry?

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJM365
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:
A local dealer has one, $569

A big shop over in Jamison, PA is taking pre-orders at $499

Preoredered mine yesterday there...Tanners, great LGS, thats GREAT........will be my 1st Sig....first one that really intrigued me.
Got a lot going for it.

I've been asking Glock to make this gun ever since the G43 came out....G26 lower, mated to G43 Slide....didn't do it....Sig kinda did but even smaller.

Posts: 20 | Registered: January 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
539.00 shipped on pre-order at sportsman outdoor superstore

Very intrigued, but i can wait 6-12 months to see how things shake out. Capacity is king, and if it's as shootable as they say could be a real option for a lot of people.

Paired with a Kopis holster from Tier 1, and i can see this being a nice easy summer carry. Add a 12 round mag and you have 23 rounds in a very small footprint.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks interesting enough, but I’m actually waiting to see what Sig has in store for us at SHOT that they aren’t telling us about.

Posts: 9 | Location: Lovely Central Texas | Registered: January 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post