SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Proprietary rail = no. You’d have thought SIG learned their lesson with the original P220ST but I guess not.

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
^
I bet Streamlight will have a TLR-6 version for it PDQ.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see a 357 sig version.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
Where oh where is the hammer-fired version? Many of Sig-Sauer's legacy customers were brought up on hammer-fired pistols and would love to see one in this size. Not sure a decocker would fit within the width parameters, but what a nifty size package this gun makes, with 10 rounds.

Something about putting a loaded striker-fired gun with a "smooth, short, light" trigger in my pants...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree with this.

add me to the list.

Very interested, but there's some hurdles to overcome to carrying it for me Frown

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't understand why people are getting so hung up on the propriety rail. Because of the small size of his pistol you would end up using a light that was designed specifically for the 365 anyway. You wouldn't want to mount a unit that was designed for a picatinny rail even if you could because it would be huge compared to the pistol's size.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I am all for the proprietary rail as a concession to my wanting it as a no-rail handgun.

Simply, I don't need or want a rail.
This would be my ccw not for my bedside and unless extremely small, would not want it to have a light.

Not for the scenarios that I'm likely to encounter.

I think Sig should smartten up and offer models with and without rails, as stated if Sig can provide a decent compact light I see no issue with a proprietary rail system for a firearm of this type.

A 1913 variant rail would be absurd.

quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
Don't understand why people are getting so hung up on the propriety rail. Because of the small size of his pistol you would end up using a light that was designed specifically for the 365 anyway. You wouldn't want to mount a unit that was designed for a picatinny rail even if you could because it would be huge compared to the pistol's size.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Proprietary rail = no. You’d have thought SIG learned their lesson with the original P220ST but I guess not.

Everything was looking great until I saw that, Sig looks too money hungry making it like that. That is the very reason I won't get one.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:

This would be my ccw . . .

This.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I don't understand everyone's hangup with putting the gun in the pocket.

I pocket carry my 33 all the time. It's perfectly safe. I use a pocket holster and nothing else goes in that pocket.

Even when I had a Shield with a safety, I still used a pocket holster. I would never just put a gun in my pocket without a holster of some type. Only one of our guys is grandfathered to carry a revolver off duty and he uses a holster in the pocket as well.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
They claim to have spent 6 months developing this special magazine that allows them to fit 10 rounds into such a small package. And yet the crude Kel-tec P11 has identical dimensions and also holds 10 rounds. And the P11 magazine is normal shaped.

The P11 can hold 12 rounds with some trimming to the mag follower. IIRC, just have to trim the legs on it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
My P-11 would only be effective if I threw it at somebody.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
With the proliferation of small WMLs that fit within the dimensions of the gun (no longer or wider than the front of the slide, no lower than the trigger guard), CCW with a light has become much more viable. However, I wouldn't want to be limited to SIGs light selection. If this gun is popular enough, the other light makers will support it. As I said above, I'd expect to see a TLR-6 out for this gun at or very close to it's full scale release.

And there's no functional advantage to a non-rail gun. If you don't want the functionality, don't use it. All releasing a non-rail gun (or in this case, grip frame) would do is satisfy the aesthetic sensibilities of a small subset of gun owners, at the cost of expensive tooling and more sku's to handle.

quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
I am all for the proprietary rail as a concession to my wanting it as a no-rail handgun.

This would be my ccw not for my bedside and unless extremely small, would not want it to have a light.

Not for the scenarios that I'm likely to encounter.

I think Sig should smartten up and offer models with and without rails, as stated if Sig can provide a decent compact light I see no issue with a proprietary rail system for a firearm of this type.

A 1913 variant rail would be absurd.

quote:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice design, though the Sig Rail is Not needed on a micro compact.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After having just invested in a full S&W 9mm Shield 2.0 system, it looks like Sig is zeroing in on future Shield Customers very strongly with this new "micro-compact".

With my 226 and X5L1, I'd very much like to have seen this new product before investing in the Shield.

BUT the Shield is already a very proven design, with lots of affordable 3rd party accessories, mags, et al.
From my shooting experience, the trigger out of the box is very good as is fit/finish.

Accuracy is acceptable for a short barrel carry pistol and it has eaten ALL my handloads and commercial ammo without a hiccup.

Sig has a huge mountain to climb to take sales away from the Shield, imho. The bonus of a few extra rounds in the mag will be offset by the higher price of the product.

I have mag extenders for my S&W Mags that work fine and I guess I can say I can have 10+1 rounds in the pistol too, if they're ever needed.

The P-365 looks great, and I will enjoy seeing one when they finally start shipping and show up at local gun shops.

But for me, the Shield 2.0 fits my needs and there's nothing planned to replace it.

Now, a P-210 may be in my future someday. But my X5L1 remains my most accurate handgun, and I continue to enjoy Sig products.

And my 226/.357 Sig is still my ultimate SHTF home pistol.

As it should be.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely interested in it as an alternative, lighter carry gun to my 229. I've shot a G43, and thought it was a little too small. So if this is a tad bigger, that would be great for me. I've shied away from striker guns because everything I use is hammer-fired, but I would like to get my hands on one of these.

When they say proprietary rail, does that just mean it doesn't match anyone else's, or that the method of attachment is somehow patented? If it's just different, I wouldn't be surprised if Crimson Trace also came onboard with light/laser attachments. They have lightguards and laserguards for just about every micro pistol out there.

I do hope the dovetail is standard, though. I like my HD XRs over Siglites.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
They claim to have spent 6 months developing this special magazine that allows them to fit 10 rounds into such a small package. And yet the crude Kel-tec P11 has identical dimensions and also holds 10 rounds. And the P11 magazine is normal shaped.

Th Keltec needs 11 rounds because with as terrible trigger you need all of them to get one on target at 10 feet. 2nd worst trigger I ever had *cough PPK/S cough*

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Rail doesn't bother me, I don't use them either way.

I would much prefer this to be hammer fired, either DA/SA or DAO like the P250 would work.

I am very interested in the dimensions and capacity. I also like the looks. 12rd mag should have been included in lieu of the spare 10 rounder.

I can't wait to get me little stubby hands on one.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kalford:
Proprietary rail with their team working on accessories. Not falling for that one again. I also don't think that make better gadgets than Veridian or Streamlight.

+1

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
quote:

Th Keltec needs 11 rounds because with as terrible trigger you need all of them to get one on target at 10 feet. 2nd worst trigger I ever had *cough PPK/S cough*

Meh, the P11 in my pocket right now, aside from a broken slide stop, has been completely reliable & became much more pleasant to shoot after replacing the OE plastic trigger with a Northwood aluminum unit. Accuracy isn't as good as my Sig, but is acceptable at 5-7yds for me, in a pocketable size for times I can't carry IWB.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not wild about it, I’ll look at one and would like to shoot it.

Not that novel of an idea with respect to magazine. The caracal subcompact is only 23mm wide and holds either 12 or 13 rounds, due to it’s magazine design. The spring compresses within itself like a collapsing vortex according to its designer Wilhelm Bubits.

Looks to much like a stupid honor guard.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post