SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I only have the flush mags currently but I'll say the 12s dont add too much size wise it seems. Might actually make a nice pinky shelf.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I love what the 12 round magazines adds it just completes the grip.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I only have the flush mags currently but I'll say the 12s dont add too much size wise it seems. Might actually make a nice pinky shelf.

I think the 10 round pinky extension mag is perfect for my hands and concealability but you are correct — for just a tiny bit more length you get 2 extra rounds and a super comfortable grip. Definitely worth it.

It amazes me how Sig can design a perfect tiny carry gun with 10 to 12 round capacity but can botch its initial testing (see release #1).

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
They can get 10 in the 365, but still haven’t come through on the 9-10 round mags promised for the 225-A1

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
They can get 10 in the 365, but still haven’t come through on the 9-10 round mags promised for the 225-A1
I wouldn't hold your breath man.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good luck... the P365 is not a single stack. It’s pretty much a new staggered double stack that saves a ton of space. I seriously doubt that Sig applies their new mag technology to old models.

Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
quote:

Good luck... the P365 is not a single stack. It’s pretty much a new staggered double stack that saves a ton of space. I seriously doubt that Sig applies their new mag technology to old models.

They don't have to. They just have to make a full length mad as opposed to a plastic extension on P239 mags.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The mag is nothing special. It’s a metal double stack mag. It’s just a smidge thinner than an M&P mag.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
quote:

The mag is nothing special. It’s a metal double stack mag. It’s just a smidge thinner than an M&P mag.

If it’s nothing special then where are all the other micro compact pistols that are the size of the P365 that can carry 10 to 12 rounds? Last time I checked, my Glock 43 holds 7 to 8 rounds with extended mags. Obviously Sig did something that the other companies have not been able to yet. And it’s not metal...

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

There must be something special about the SIG mag as I have been told they have been granted a patent.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Have either of you guys seen the mag? I have a 365 and posted pics of it next to an M&P mag.

I also disassembled the mag and posted the pics.

It’s nothing special. It’s a standard double stack metal mag. It is just a tiny bit slimmer than the M&P mag. The grip/frame is simply smaller than other double stack. The polymer is thinner and or the circumference is just smaller.

As for the patent, I searched and can’t find it, so I don’t believe they have one. Even if they do, you can get a patent for anything. Everyone who makes a piston upper AR has a patent for their gun.

This, “we started with an Uber engineered mag that is super amazing and patented and then built the gun around it” idea is BS marketing...and it appears to be working.

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
So what is that that you posted? What is it supposed to prove? That’s not even the 365 mag in the pic.

That’s the marketing mumbo jumbo that I’m saying is BS. Lol marketing material that doesn’t even show a 365 mag in it.

And it’s not metal? Then what is it?

So again, have you ever held a 365 mag? I’m still baffled that you said it’s not metal.

M&P mag on the left, 365 on the right.

posted Hide Post
Anyone put trijicon HD's on a 365 yet?

I spoke with Sig CS today and they are standard Sig Dovetails milled in the slide so the #6/#8 set for the 938 should work

Im having difficulty picking up the green front sight. This is not isolated to the 365. something Ive started to notice over the last 6 months (my eyes are getting old Big Grin )

wanting to go with the orange front

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
So what is that that you posted? What is it supposed to prove? That’s not even the 365 mag in the pic.

That’s the marketing mumbo jumbo that I’m saying is BS. Lol marketing material that doesn’t even show a 365 mag in it.

And it’s not metal? Then what is it?

So again, have you ever held a 365 mag? I’m still baffled that you said it’s not metal.

M&P mag on the left, 365 on the right.

Sorry, I was playing around with my Glock 43 mags at the time and had a brain fart. Yes, I have a P365 and two additional 12 round magazines. Here’s an official link that says the magazine is patent pending...

https://www.sigsauer.com/press...uer-introduces-p365/
quote:
The P365’s patent-pending, narrow-neck, modified double-stack magazine holds 10 rounds in both the flush-fit and extended versions, plus one in the chamber, for a full capacity of 11 rounds – nearly a 50 percent capacity increase over pistols in its class.

The narrow tapering at the top of the magazine is the trick.

Like I asked earlier, if this magazine is nothing new, where is the similarly sized sub compact with 10 to 12 rounds already on the market? I’m pretty sure I can only get 8 rounds extended in my Glock 43 and Shield and while both of those are single stacks, the P365 is smaller than both.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

That, plus it’s bigger on the inside than on the outside.*

* Bonus points for identifying the author who conceived (or at least used) that idea.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

* Bonus points for identifying the author who conceived (or at least used) that idea.

I don't know which writer, but are you referring to the Tardis from Dr Who?

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

J K Rowling in the Harry Potter series.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
J K Rowling in the Harry Potter series.

Keep going; further back.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I understand that tapering the mag further down allows for a thinner frame. It’s not dissimilar from the shield mag. That’s why I say it’s not magical or ground breaking.

I’m sure many gun companies face palmed themselves for not doing it sooner.

Credit to Sig for sure for stepping back and stoping “doing what they’ve always done” like so many companies (not just gun companies) do. It’s hard to look at something with fresh eyes like they did.

When the 365 was announced and they started talking about it, I was expecting something revolutionary that changed mags, like a completely different internal system. Then when I get my hands on the mag, it’s like, “oh it’s just a double stack mag?”

The hype had me expecting more. It’s not a single stack mag that holds more rounds. It’s actually a double stack mag that holds less rounds, BUT holding less means the taper starts a little sooner than normal, which means the frame can be narrower and thus the slide.

Not earth shattering, just, well duh why didn’t we think of this sooner?

I still love my 365, I’m not dissing the gun, just saying the mag isn’t magical.

However I am still curious what it’s made of if it isn’t metal?