SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thank you Top Gun Supply. Everything I have every bought from them has been reasonably priced and promptly delivered. In my opinion, to put MSRP on this gun at this point in time is perfectly fair. All I ever ask is competitive with the current market.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
I’m so excited I just received the FedEx notice that my 365 is in its way home from sig. it went in for replacement sights so I’m curious if the did any other work to it

It was running flawlessly prior to sending it in

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:
Forgive me forum for I have sinned... Smile

We definitely could have just thrown them up on gunbroker and made at least an extra $100 each, but I prefer to offer them directly to our customers.

The last 2 years have not been good to the firearms industry. We sold quite a bit of product at cost and below cost just to keep the cash flowing. This is just how business works. We are not a basement business. We have 2 retail stores, a warehouse and 20+ employees. We need a fair amount of cash flow just to open the doors every morning. I absolutely do not fault any of you wanting or waiting for a better price. I do understand how the consumer thinks and why.

So, don't taze me bro!

Well stated, as usual. Just signed up for notification of in-stock status on both the 365 & the 19X. Am a fan of the the free market system and your organization....everyone always as a choice in this country.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I don't think I'd want them doing work without telling me first.

quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:
I’m so excited I just received the FedEx notice that my 365 is in its way home from sig. it went in for replacement sights so I’m curious if the did any other work to it

It was running flawlessly prior to sending it in

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was lucky enough to be sitting in front of my computer when Top Gun's email arrived. Four minutes later I was entering my CC number, and their server crashed. About five minutes later an order confirmation arrived. And the 365 shipped the next day. I'm impressed and just wanted to say "thanks", great service and company.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone who did the brownells preorder seen a ship notification?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I got to hold and mess with one today at my local shop. It was a range gun, but damn did it feel nice. Trigger was much nicer than anything I've never felt from Glock. I will defiantly be getting one when the shock is over.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
Anyone who did the brownells preorder seen a ship notification?

Not yet, there must be 1000's on the list.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No offense to a great company like Brownells but my local LGS is a maste dealer and priced within a couple of dollars with Brownells and I am # 26 not somewhere in the thousands. We will see if my logic works out.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gwmac:
I was lucky enough to be sitting in front of my computer when Top Gun's email arrived. Four minutes later I was entering my CC number, and their server crashed. About five minutes later an order confirmation arrived. And the 365 shipped the next day. I'm impressed and just wanted to say "thanks", great service and company.
Agreed. God forbid they sell them for a bit of profit.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I just picked one up this morning from Bass Pro. Paid $529 before tax, so I was quite please with that. Crazy that Bass Pro is the best price on a gun, lol. They got 4 in for their Spring sale that started today. I got to the store 30 minutes early and one guy was already in line.

There were 5 people total waiting before the doors officially opened. The poor guy who was 5th was SOL.

I am eyes wide open and hesitant to trust Sig, but this gun stands out from the pack when you put it in your hand.

The trigger is very nice when dry firing. I find the shield grip to be more comfortable than the G43, but the 365 is more comfortable than both.

The fact that the grip is a little wider actually helps it fill the hand more and be more comfortable. I'm hoping that translates to better shooting.

Once I held it, I had to buy it, my distain for Sig USA aside. I knew what it was and I knew the dimensions and saw the pics, but it's still eye opening when pick it up. just amazing.

ETA: the undercut trigger guard is very nice. They did a nice job with that.

When gripping the gun tight, there is a sharp edge on the back that digs into my palm. Not sure how that will feel when shooting, but I don't think it will be an issue.

X-Ray sights are the best factory sights I've seen. I usually upgrade my guns to trijicon HD's, but I see no need to change these.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pops572
posted Hide Post
I got one as well, first one at the counter, they got 5 and there is only 1 left. Just waiting for my bgc and I am done.

------------------------------------------
I'm sorry could you repeat that, I'm not fluent in STUPID!

Posts: 1149 | Location: ,TN USA | Registered: November 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think it's now incumbent on you to shoot the snot out of it, and let us know how it goes Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I just picked one up this morning from Bass Pro. Paid $529 before tax, so I was quite please with that. Crazy that Bass Pro is the best price on a gun, lol. They got 4 in for their Spring sale that started today. I got to the store 30 minutes early and one guy was already in line.

There were 5 people total waiting before the doors officially opened. The poor guy who was 5th was SOL.

I am eyes wide open and hesitant to trust Sig, but this gun stands out from the pack when you put it in your hand.

The trigger is very nice when dry firing. I find the shield grip to be more comfortable than the G43, but the 365 is more comfortable than both.

The fact that the grip is a little wider actually helps it fill the hand more and be more comfortable. I'm hoping that translates to better shooting.

Once I held it, I had to buy it, my distain for Sig USA aside. I knew what it was and I knew the dimensions and saw the pics, but it's still eye opening when pick it up. just amazing.

ETA: the undercut trigger guard is very nice. They did a nice job with that.

When gripping the gun tight, there is a sharp edge on the back that digs into my palm. Not sure how that will feel when shooting, but I don't think it will be an issue.

X-Ray sights are the best factory sights I've seen. I usually upgrade my guns to trijicon HD's, but I see no need to change these.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I certainly will! I'll be hitting the range tomorrow after work and follow up.

Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
For all you lucky ducks getting your paws on this early ...

Stealthgear has made holsters for it. If you aren't familiar with their holsters they are simply DA BOMB! And the CS is the best! I am ordering one just so I will have it ready when I can get a P365.

No I don't work for them. I just want to pass along some good info.

https://stealthgearusa.com/cat.../result/?q=P365&cat=

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I was just comparing this to my 938, it’s not that much bigger.

I’ll get some pics up tomorrow compared to other guns.

I have a G43, G42, Shield and 930 to compare it to. It’s pretty close to the G42, but the grip is a little thicker.

The grip is definitely thicker than the G43 and Shield, but I don’t think it will impact carrying/printing. I will mainly carry this appendix.

If this gun can shoot, I really don’t see buying a shield or G43 over it.

Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
To recap:
I First got the P365 in early Feb (born on date 01/20/18). It arrived with a dead front sight. I put 220 rounds through it without any issues and the gun shot great.

I will admit that I did not scrutinize the gun as the peening issues arose after I sent it back to Sig to replace the sights.

I got the gun back today with the new X-ray night sights (which I like). This is what they actually did to the gun (remember I didn't have any issues with it prior to sending it in):

Gunsmith Comments:
Inspected
Extractor hook to breach
Extractor tension
Frame to slide fit
REPLACED:
Barrel
Extractor spring
Safety lock spring
Recoil spring assembly
Installed X-Ray Sights
Verified accuracy
Function tested \ fired
TESTED:
50 Rounds of Blazer Ammunition 115gr FMJ
Tested in plus one condition and mag loaded to capacity
Supported and un-supported
Dominate and non-dominate handed
"Limp" wristed and a firm grip
Shooting slow and double tapping
Had no malfunctions or failures

Grand Total: $0.00

Upon inspecting the gun more closely I do notice a bit of wear (peening) on the slide toward the muzzle. The "new" barrel also has a relief cut on the left side of the hood, but not the right. It doesn't look after the fact as the entire barrel still has its coating on it.

Make of it what you will, I'm glad to get the gun back. I picked up a Fierce Defender Winter Warrior holster (fits very nice) and I'm good to go. This gun was meant for me. I literally see no reason for any others...lol

This will be the first gun model that I actually purchase a second to have as a back up.

I will report back once I get it to the range again and put another couple of hundred rounds through it.

Oh, and this time it didn't arrive full of white goop!

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got my mitts on one though I wont get to shoot it until Friday. I'm quite impressed with the feel, size and trigger on it. I have to finger curl under the flush mag but I can hang onto the extended mag fine.

I'm a big fan of the Xray sights so I'm happy to see them here. I'll check in after I get some rounds through it hopefully over the weekend.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm primarily a classic P-series fan but have tried a few striker fired guns over the years including the G43 and PM9. I have a couple of DAK guns now (a P220 and a P239) but have owned most of the other classic SIGs when younger. I liked the PM9 more than the G43 but didn't like the triggers of either. I have shot a P320 some and really liked the trigger on it. I ran across a P365, held it, dry fired it, and decided it might be the little gun I have been looking for. Took it to the range this morning and ran a couple hundred rounds thru it, mostly self defense ammo. I shot from 5 yards to 35 yards and the little thing was very accurate. It felt better shooting 200 mostly +P rds than did my g43 at 50. The trigger was a delight. No malfunctions at all and no peening. I'm pleased with it so far and maybe it will get carried after much more shooting. I like the little dude and that's saying something for me about a striker fired gun.

P239
M11-A1
340 M&P

Posts: 552 | Location: Okla | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
IkenI, or anyone else - have you ever fired a P290? If so how does it compare to the P365? Fit in hand, recoil, etc.?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post