SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Its not simply a company doing a half ass job or planning to use customers as beta testers as some would imply. Do we seriously believe that management has a meeting where they say, "well it's close, lets launch a multi-million dollar campaign with our newest product, put our reputation on the line and see if it works, no need to test....

Remember that no matter what Sig does we have haters who can't wait to see Sig's newest product fail. (I'd bet any company fail, hell they probably the kind of person that sits at a train track hoping for a wreck, or Nascar for a wreck)

No testing is as harsh as end user production field testing, nobody is as hard on things as end users, you can test 100 items from R&D and not have the results you'll get when 1000 or 10000 end users get their paws on it. Things crop up when you go from hand built R&D to actual production, it could be as simple as a cnc machine in the line having an issue that wasn't there initially.

Sigs recognized an issue, it may be small in size, or not but they have taken up front steps to correct what may be simply a manufacturing defect or flaw that reared it's head during live production.

Shit happens, the boo birds will always come out, the majority of those dropping bombs about never buying one were never going to buy one in the first place.

This forum is in severe need of a "like button"

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree!!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pops572
posted Hide Post
Phil Strader commented on Facebook this morning that the P365’s are shipping again.

------------------------------------------
I'm sorry could you repeat that, I'm not fluent in STUPID!

Posts: 1149 | Location: ,TN USA | Registered: November 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Just shot one with the 10 round magazine. I'll be buying one. Or two.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Taking another tack, I'd like to commend the Sig folks for the change up pitch. Sig has pitched plenty of other "next great things" way too early, only to leave us fanboys panting like dogs waiting for a steak. ...

and waiting...

and waiting...

I'd like to credit Sig with not overhyping this 2 years back. I'll most likely step up and buy this one once it gets shook out a bit.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I know this is a Sig Forum and I am a Sig fan, but I wonder about the size of the available market for the P365. I mean, how many people looking for a CCW pistol have not already bought a G43, Shield, PPS, CCP, LC9 (now EC9), etc.? With availability of extended mags and +1 or +2 mag extensions, betting on a one or 2 round capacity as a significant advantage is, in my opinion, a bit of a long shot. Hope it works out for them. Can’t help but wonder what would happen if they introduced in 2015?

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
A lot of people said that Glock was too late with the 43. They missed the boat by releasing the .380 42 first. Everyone already has a Shield etc...

Glock still managed to sell a boat load of 43's. Hell, the Glock was more expensive and lower capacity than the Shield. Sig has delivered a higher capacity gun in the same footprint at a price competitive with the Glock (assuming night sights on both).

I think Sig will sell quite a few P365s. If it truly is the same size, it might replace my 43.

quote:
Originally posted by Poppy6x:
I know this is a Sig Forum and I am a Sig fan, but I wonder about the size of the available market for the P365. I mean, how many people looking for a CCW pistol have not already bought a G43, Shield, PPS, CCP, LC9 (now EC9), etc.? With availability of extended mags and +1 or +2 mag extensions, betting on a one or 2 round capacity as a significant advantage is, in my opinion, a bit of a long shot. Hope it works out for them. Can’t help but wonder what would happen if they introduced in 2015?

Posts: 259 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
An ass for every seat and why things are so subjective...

I handled the 365 at the Great American Outdoor show and I don't think I've ever held ANY handgun that felt so bad and fit my hand so poorly as that did. The dimensions just don't fit my hand. No way for me to hold it and have it point straight.

My friend liked it a lot and plans to buy one ASAP.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Of course SIG faces the same issue Glock did. Glock has likely sold every G43 they could have sold since they released it. But Smith sold a million Shields before the 43 came out. If Glock had gotten the 43 out contemporaneously with the Shield, they could have banked at least half that business.

Now SIG is jumping into this market. At least there coming with something that's different and advantageous. On the flop side, they're getting in when the demand for guns has dropped significantly. So whatever share they get is of a smaller market.

quote:
Originally posted by Exodus:
A lot of people said that Glock was too late with the 43. They missed the boat by releasing the .380 42 first. Everyone already has a Shield etc...

Glock still managed to sell a boat load of 43's. Hell, the Glock was more expensive and lower capacity than the Shield. Sig has delivered a higher capacity gun in the same footprint at a price competitive with the Glock (assuming night sights on both).

I think Sig will sell quite a few P365s. If it truly is the same size, it might replace my 43.

quote:
Originally posted by Poppy6x:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
The G43 and Shield are single stack nines, which have been around for decades. Sure, they're smaller and lighter.
The advantage (from a marketplace perception standpoint) that the Sig P365 has is that it offers a "new" magazine advancement of higher capacity without increasing width, through a semi-single staggered-stack magazine.
Even though Sig may be late to the striker fired compact carry nine market with this gun, some people are drawn to buying things that are new advancements.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The innovation is the magazine size / capacity - think G43 Mags are obviously not pushing the envelope, with lots of wasted space in the design.

Hopefully other manufacturers will bring this type of thing to market as well.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJM365
posted Hide Post
Got my 12 round mag today......13 rounds in this package....Wow!

Posts: 20 | Registered: January 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
The innovation is the magazine size / capacity - think G43 Mags are obviously not pushing the envelope, with lots of wasted space in the design.

Other manufacturers may have a problem as I understand that the innovations are patent protected.

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
quote:

Other manufacturers may have a problem as I understand that the innovations are patent protected.

EasyFire

You said this same thing back on page 19 of this thread. I’m curious what it is about the patent application (Sig has not yet been granted a patent at all) that is so unique or specialized that would keep others from altering their designs just enough to avoid patent infringement? Assuming Sig is even granted a patent for this mag.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
quote:

EasyFire

You said this same thing back on page 19 of this thread. I’m curious what it is about the patent application (Sig has not yet been granted a patent at all) that is so unique or specialized that would keep others from altering their designs just enough to avoid patent infringement? Assuming Sig is even granted a patent for this mag.

Sadly I cannot answer your question as to whether or not other manufacturers can design around the Sig patent applied for design. Actually I hope they can as competition improves the marketplace.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
Nationwide Agent for >

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
The double stack mag has been around a loooong time. Over 100 years long.

I can’t possibly imagine what Sig has done that is so revolutionary as to keep others from doing it.

Sig has a patent on their piston AR upper, as do most piston AR makers. Yet they all avoid infringement. Again, patent law is very specific. If you have a legal reason for your statements, please share them. Otherwise, it’s just giving folks bad info.

Mark my words, S&W/Glock/Springfield/etc are all working on a 9 to 11 +1 1” wide gun that is about the same height as the 365.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Well I know I am not confused about where I stand on this issue... Smile

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
Nationwide Agent for >

posted Hide Post
I suspect that many who own a Shield or G43 will be buying the P365 anyways. They may keep the other guns, or sell them, but most likely many, many will use the P365 as their primary CCW piece.

I still think that if Sig made a longer version of the P365, it would be very popular. Say 14 round mag with a 3.6" barrel.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
I still think that if Sig made a longer version of the P365, it would be very popular. Say 14 round mag with a 3.6" barrel.

The 229c was a 3.4" barrel with a 15-rd mag. It came out in 2016 and Sig doesn't even list it on the website anymore. Perhaps a striker-fired version would fare better than the hammer-fired.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would consider a P365 once they are proven reliable. I have held one and for me the grip is very good, and just a hair thicker than a G43. Glock's issue is their insistence on squared off body plastic coated magazines which increases grip bulk for all models.

Sig is already doing fine with the P238 and P938. They are actually smaller than the G42 & G43 with similar capacity. For 1911 fans, or people who insist on having a safety they seem to be popular. I have concerns about reliability, but the newer ones seem to have worked out the kinks. I looked at a P938 yesterday, and just can't get a good feeling about the safety - too small, stiff, and easy to "miss" when you need it. Still, they shoot surprising well, at least with Hogue finger groove grips.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post