SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
1st- I am always a proponent of new Gun gets cleaned, oiled and inspected before first trip.

2nd- it’s been a long time since I have bought a SIG but if they are still slathered in that heavy white Coopetone smelling grease I cannot imagine how something like the 365 would run out of the box. I remember SIGs coming caked in that preservative.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
cslinger it is packed in that "coppertone" grease that you describe. Took me 20 minutes and two cleanings with the red Nighthawk CLP just to get it to where the customers could handle it without getting grease on their clothes.

Im no fanboy and wont be purchasing a P365. Not becuase of anything the matter with the gun, to the contrary, it is a VERY nice pistol with a great trigger. Well made and truly an innovative gun in a world where innovative is overused and often not applicable to the guns being described as such.

The only reason I wont have one is that I own a CS9 which meets my concealed 9mm needs.

But I feel it is unfair to say the P365 is problematic based on a few videos of a grease packed gun being shot. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Link to Hickok45 review of the P365.

P365

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJM365
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
cslinger it is packed in that "coppertone" grease that you describe. Took me 20 minutes and two cleanings with the red Nighthawk CLP just to get it to where the customers could handle it without getting grease on their clothes.

Im no fanboy and wont be purchasing a P365. Not becuase of anything the matter with the gun, to the contrary, it is a VERY nice pistol with a great trigger. Well made and truly an innovative gun in a world where innovative is overused and often not applicable to the guns being described as such.

The only reason I wont have one is that I own a CS9 which meets my concealed 9mm needs.

But I feel it is unfair to say the P365 is problematic based on a few videos of a grease packed gun being shot. Regards 18DAI

I've owned a lot of guns, no others were packed with gunk like this.....like the old cosmoline days for long term storage.

Posts: 20 | Registered: January 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
Link to Hickok45 review of the P365.

P365

Posted on the previous page.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
After watching Hickok I really want one.. It looks like a perfect size carry gun

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GJM365:
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:

I've owned a lot of guns, no others were packed with gunk like this.....like the old cosmoline days for long term storage.

When my Blackwater P226 came from the factory, it was so thick packed you'd think they'd expected it to be buried in the backyard wrapped in oilskin.

I was too young and inexperienced in new guns to find this odd - that was only my second new in box pistol - but looking back it was odd.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
This gun will outsell all other pocket nines if Sig can get it to run like their old school models with “Hell and back reliability”. From pics and videos it seems smaller than the G43 and Shield with several more rounds on board and factory night sights. Even if it had the same capacity as the aforementioned other pistols it would still be super popular, but if this ends up being as good as Sig claims then you will see a lot of people who were previously Smith or Glock fans getting the Sig just because of the capacity benefit.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
Just read on Osage County Guns Facebook page that their is a second P365 model with the X-Ray 3 night sights. Price $599

http://www.osagecountyguns.com...-p365-9mm-xray3.html

Thanks for posting this link, this is just what I was looking for, I have the XRAY sights on my Legions , my P225 A-1 and P320X they are awesome sights, and I want them on a P365, so I'll wait to get just that...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own a P365 and I’ve had it since last Tuesday. I removed all factory packing grease and relubed the pistol before using it since the manual says to do that before shooting. I put 100 rounds (99 actually) down range the day after I got it and I have minor peening on the barrel. Mine is early enough it doesn’t have X-ray sites.
In the past I’ve done some amateur gun smithing on cheap or old guns but, I’ll likely send mine back in case the SIG engineers know more than I do about the best places to reshape or correct the pistol. During this test, I had one fail to fire and that was preceded by a very slow return to battery. It was noticeably slower. The round did not look like it had a light primer strike but, it was off center.

So back to the peening, it rolled the top edge back so it creates a ledge, almost a hook. Possibly this is going to grab the inside of the slide. The right side of the barrel (from behind the gun not facing it) seems to have less peening. This is the first issue I’ve had like this with a new gun or a SIG.

Harold

SIG HK Glock etc...

Posts: 29 | Location: Richmond Va | Registered: September 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
After watching Hickok I really want one.. It looks like a perfect size carry gun

He shoots everything well, makes me want to add one to the stable too

Posts: 8 | Registered: October 16, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting walk down memory lane seeing what I owned in 04 in my signature! Had to make a generic update.

Harold

SIG HK Glock etc...

Posts: 29 | Location: Richmond Va | Registered: September 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Don’t know if there is any truth to this but ther forums are stating that Sig is halting production of the 365 due to barrel issues.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Don’t know if there is any truth to this but ther forums are stating that Sig is halting production of the 365 due to barrel issues.

Phil Strader himself from Sig confirmed in a social media post that they were haulting shipments at the moment. He did’t say exactly why, but I’m sure that’s part of it.

I want the 365 to be reliable as I want one badly, but some people are dillusional. Calling the barrel hood being deformed and peening of the barrel itself “parts mating” is just rediculous. Saying the slide to frame fit and speed back on target are “second to none” is hyperbole of the highest order.

Let’s be realistic about this...if this was simply a single stack, these issues would be enough to burry this gun forever. The only reason we want it to work out is because it’s a 10+1 and there is nothing else like it.

Sig will hold my attention despite these issues because their design is truly into new territory, but that doesn’t mean we should excuse what are clearly issues.

I do believe Sig will eventually fix the problems. I likewise expect it to be some sort of gen 2 gun that solves them. I don’t know that Sig will admittedly call it a gen 2, but it will differ from the current pistol I’d bet.

Against my better judgment, I said I was willing to be a beta tester. Seeing this, I’m glad I wasn’t able to get my hands on one to buy.

Should we still be excited? Of course, this gun has massive potential! Should we lie to ourselves and call this peening and lug deformation “mating?” Hell no! It’s perfectly acceptable to be excited about what could be, but demand Sig get their shit together before we give them any more money at the same time.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Dang. Sig needs to take a page from H&K’s R&D book.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:

I love my HKs and think they are one of the better companies in as far as QC and R&D but they are not immune. The early VPs were definitely under sprung and HK quietly starting using the .40 recoil springs in the VP9s.

Nobody is immune from dropping the QC/R&D Ball.

I will say that SIG for quite some time has the perception of seeing the public and its generation 1 guns as additional beta testing and that bugs me a bit.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:

I love my HKs and think they are one of the better companies in as far as QC and R&D but they are not immune. The early VPs were definitely under sprung and HK quietly starting using the .40 recoil springs in the VP9s.

Nobody is immune from dropping the QC/R&D Ball.

I will say that SIG for quite some time has the perception of seeing the public and its generation 1 guns as additional beta testing and that bugs me a bit.

That’s true but Sig makes a habit of it....290, 320, 365, etc...

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think any new gun model, from any mass market manufacturer, shouldn't be bought for 6-12 months after release. Problems just need time to be shaken out.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I put Sig just about even with Taurus in the quality department.
At least Taurus has a lifetime warranty on their crap. What a complete disappointment.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
That’s true but Sig makes a habit of it....290, 320, 365, etc...
Cut it out.

Posts: 107569 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post