SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
So many hobbies,
too little time...
Picture of BoneDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:
Sorry, I don't have one.

I did take the P365 out to the range today. 200 rounds of Fiocchi 115gr FMJ and 20 rounds of Speer Gold Dots 124gr +P.

No problems at all. Gun ran flawlessly. Feels great and the texturing and the right hand seem that I thought would bother me didn't. Recoil felt slightly less than the G43.

Gun is more accurate than I am (but I only shoot at 10 yards).

I also took out a Walther P99C and Sig P250SC and I shot the P365 better than all of them. I just wish I didn't have to send it in to replace the sights.

The P365 will become my EDC.

What grease and lube did you use?

Posts: 2024 | Location: IL | Registered: January 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
I clean with Ballistol and lube with shooters choice. Although initially I needed to spray the slide with Brake Clean to clear out all the white grease. Then wiped it down with the Ballistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JGIORD,

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Just shot the SIG P365. If these are reliable then SIG has hit not only a home run but a Grand Slam. Awesome trigger and reset, nice build quality, super small and thin with a standard capacity of 10+1 and optional 12 round magazine in a size smaller than a G26, basically G43 sized. I have a large sized hand but the grip was perfectly comfortable.

The range rental at Greenwood, Indiana Point Blank was well used and had been on the rental rack for a week. Super dirty and dry, no lube at all. Functioned perfectly with some super weak Midwest Industries FMJ 115 grain ammoPoint Blank sells. I field stripped it. Very tight little pistol. I found no abnormal signs of wear or peenjng of barrel or slide. There was finish wear on the outside of the barrel which looked normal for a SIG.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also think they have a real winner with the P365. Picked one up Friday and so far have put 500 rounds through it. I shot 300 rounds of assorted 115gr JHP and 200 rounds of Federal 115gr FMJ range ammo. Not one FTF or FTE. I did clean and lube it before going to the range, it was really loaded up with grease when I got it. I very surprised at how pleasant it was to shoot considering it's size.

It seems to be as small as my Kahr CM9, but shoots better and has more rounds. I can actually pocket carry it. Never thought I would have a eleven round 9mm that I could pocket carry.

Posts: 56 | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I like the size of the Kahr PM9, but not the long trigger pull and reset, and low capacity. Looks like the P365 is the same size, just with higher capacity and a better trigger (and factory night sights).

I think I'll pick one up eventually, to replace my PM9 for on duty BUG carry and off duty gym shorts/lawn mowing carry.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys,

Where do I go to order a P365 online. I've never purchased online before. Who has them in stock?

Thanks

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
None of my usual online gun stores have it in stock yet. They're just taking preorders.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you able to duplicate the FTF like in the previous video by using the slide release to chamber a round after reloading?

quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
Just shot the SIG P365. If these are reliable then SIG has hit not only a home run but a Grand Slam. Awesome trigger and reset, nice build quality, super small and thin with a standard capacity of 10+1 and optional 12 round magazine in a size smaller than a G26, basically G43 sized. I have a large sized hand but the grip was perfectly comfortable.

The range rental at Greenwood, Indiana Point Blank was well used and had been on the rental rack for a week. Super dirty and dry, no lube at all. Functioned perfectly with some super weak Midwest Industries FMJ 115 grain ammoPoint Blank sells. I field stripped it. Very tight little pistol. I found no abnormal signs of wear or peenjng of barrel or slide. There was finish wear on the outside of the barrel which looked normal for a SIG.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Another video with failures to go into battery:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/b9GTXctHaD4

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
He said he was seeing some failures to go into battery, if he didn't sling shot the slide, when first charging the pistol.

So might it just be an issue with weaker ammo not moving the slide back far enough for the springs it has? I wonder if the same issue would be seen, if some warmer or +P ammo was used?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm just wondering if the recoil spring is too light. But this is something SIG should have shaken out pretty easily in testing.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
He said he was seeing some failures to go into battery, if he didn't sling shot the slide, when first charging the pistol.

So might it just be an issue with weaker ammo not moving the slide back far enough for the springs it has? I wonder if the same issue would be seen, if some warmer or +P ammo was used?

Could also be a very tight extractor that is hanging up on the case rim.

My 320 in 45 had that problem when I got it. Tension was so tight you needed tow fingers to slide a fresh cartridge into the extractor from below.

I have a 250 that SIG fixed due to well known early extractor problems, and I compared the tension and clearance between the claw and the both face and it was much tighter.

I did my own adjustments to match the 250 and 100% flawless after that.

---------------The Answer Is There Is No Answer---------------

Posts: 152 | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YouTube videos show issues, people in this forum so far no issues? Just an observation... I really would like one myself

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Time will tell and I wouldn't judge based on the feedback of a few forum members either.

While they will be a sampling, a wider audience/sampling would be good to have. Especially since this is being marketed as a 24x7 carry gun for the masses.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
A local Sig rep always shows up to a particular gun shop/custom holster maker for holsters for the new Sig hotness. He showed up with the first P210 they had seen, and this week showed up with a P365. It wasn't there long enough for me to run over and see it, but the owner said he thought it felt great and he wouldn't hesitate to get one if I was interested. Unfortunately, he said they are hard to find, so I have him looking for one for me. He also confirmed that anything produced after the initial release will have XRAY3 sights instead of Siglites.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
That’s interesting about the sights. I like the X-ray sights. That would be a welcI me addition for me for sure.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Well sent the 365 back to Sig for sight replacement. I'll post upon its return. I already miss the gun. It was a dream to carry.

As for that video, I'm sorry but the shooters technique needs much improvement. He even did a follow up stating such and showing the weird grip he was using which is why the gun was flying around so much. I believe it is the same guy, otherwise it is someone that looks very much like him.

I don't think the 365 is a good match for anyone with very large hands. Luckily I don't have them.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Guy at Bass Pro said they’d be getting their next batch in on March 1st...for what it’s worth.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Now this is the first video on the P365 that gives me concern:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc-zvxBIV88

Picture of GJM365
posted Hide Post
Picked mine up Saturday and shot it Sunday.

100rounds of Federal FMJ - flawless
25 rounds 124 Gr +P HSTs --flawless

P365 is closer in size to the G42 than the G43.
Accuracy and controlability are outstanding...Rapid fire is especially easy in this gun. Great trigger.

Snappy?? no way....unless you are ultra recoil sensitive. Softer shooting than any 9mm I have ever fired....really.

Posts: 20 | Registered: January 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post