SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:
OK I picked one up from my LGS this afternoon.

1. The P365 is more comparable to the Kahr PM9 than the G43. Yes it feels that small. I was almost hoping for it to be more G43 comparable. For the record, YES I have Talon grips on the G43 so it is a little thicker. Big deal. They are too close to call.

2. The mag release has a ridge on the frame on the mainspring side of the grip so depressing the mag release IS difficult. You need to adjust your grip to ensure you are pressing straight downward on the button (not that big of a deal for me)

3. The trigger is short, light with a very clean break. It is not as light as a P320 (thankfully) but borderline too light. If you picture coming to the wall on a Glock and knowing when it will break, you can't do it with the P365. It has a smooth rolling trigger pull like a Kahr and trying to find that breaking point will result in a ND. So you really need to keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready. The break comes almost midway within the trigger guard, not all the way toward the rear of the frame. This was a surprise but a plus

4. Those little 10 round mags are amazing!

5. The texturing if pretty aggressive but more of a problem, for me anyway, was the seem on the right hand side of the grip. It dug into my hand and became annoying after a few minutes. I will have to put some Talon grips on it.

6. And this is a major bummer. The rear sights are fine but the front night sight barely glows. It looks like it is already 12 years old and on its last legs. Front sight is a #6 for those interested.

7. Anyone comparing this to a G26 is just plain very uninformed. This is definitely smaller in every dimension than a G43. Grip width may be the slightest bit wider, but if you were blindfolded you wouldn't know. The Glock is much wider from front to back than the Sig so the Sig still feels smaller. It is smaller in height, length, width of slide and weight.

8. In terms of which feels the most comfortable, it is close between the P365 and Pm9, but I will go with the P365. I do like the undercut on the trigger guard. The Glocks grip feels incredibly fat (front to back) after handling the others.

9. This thing came jammed pack with thick white grease! It was everywhere including the slide, recoil spring and barrel. It actually took me a while to clean it all out and I even took Brake Clean to the slide! I don't run my guns very wet, but now the Sig is greased and lubed.

Here are some pics. I hope to get to shoot it this weekend.

PM9 / P365 / G43

P365 next to Pm9

P250SC on top with P365 on bottom

Thank you very much for that PM9 comparison. I'm looking at the 365 as a potential replacement to my PM9.

Does it pocket as well as the PM9?

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Kind of rethinking until I can shoot one. I was awful shooting Kahrs. The grip just seemed so small in my hand that I never could find a good accurate grip.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Just happened on to this video. Nice comparison with the Glock 43.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1hdbQ_Tp5I

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
OK I picked one up from my LGS this afternoon.

1. The P365 is more comparable to the Kahr PM9 than the G43. Yes it feels that small. I was almost hoping for it to be more G43 comparable. For the record, YES I have Talon grips on the G43 so it is a little thicker. Big deal. They are too close to call.

2. The mag release has a ridge on the frame on the mainspring side of the grip so depressing the mag release IS difficult. You need to adjust your grip to ensure you are pressing straight downward on the button (not that big of a deal for me)

3. The trigger is short, light with a very clean break. It is not as light as a P320 (thankfully) but borderline too light. If you picture coming to the wall on a Glock and knowing when it will break, you can't do it with the P365. It has a smooth rolling trigger pull like a Kahr and trying to find that breaking point will result in a ND. So you really need to keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready. The break comes almost midway within the trigger guard, not all the way toward the rear of the frame. This was a surprise but a plus

4. Those little 10 round mags are amazing!

5. The texturing if pretty aggressive but more of a problem, for me anyway, was the seem on the right hand side of the grip. It dug into my hand and became annoying after a few minutes. I will have to put some Talon grips on it.

6. And this is a major bummer. The rear sights are fine but the front night sight barely glows. It looks like it is already 12 years old and on its last legs. Front sight is a #6 for those interested.

7. Anyone comparing this to a G26 is just plain very uninformed. This is definitely smaller in every dimension than a G43. Grip width may be the slightest bit wider, but if you were blindfolded you wouldn't know. The Glock is much wider from front to back than the Sig so the Sig still feels smaller. It is smaller in height, length, width of slide and weight.

8. In terms of which feels the most comfortable, it is close between the P365 and Pm9, but I will go with the P365. I do like the undercut on the trigger guard. The Glocks grip feels incredibly fat (front to back) after handling the others.

9. This thing came jammed pack with thick white grease! It was everywhere including the slide, recoil spring and barrel. It actually took me a while to clean it all out and I even took Brake Clean to the slide! I don't run my guns very wet, but now the Sig is greased and lubed.

Here are some pics. I hope to get to shoot it this weekend.

PM9 / P365 / G43

P365 next to Pm9

P250SC on top with P365 on bottom

Thank you very much for that PM9 comparison. I'm looking at the 365 as a potential replacement to my PM9.

Does it pocket as well as the PM9?

Yes. I can pocket carry a G43 as I'm not into the skinny jeans thing. The P365 is easier to pocket carry than the G43 and on par with the Kahr. It feels thinner and lighter but is slightly longer.

As for grip height, the pictures are without magazines. The 365 does come with a 10rd pinky extension which really makes a big difference! I'm waiting to get the 12rd extended mag to serve as a back up

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
While the trigger pull is smooth and rolling like a Kahr it is no where near as long. In fact it is really pretty short, surprisingly so! And the trigger break is around midway and not toward the rear of the frame.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the images. I like the P365 style but it appears to be lacking in grip circumference. I don't have big hands but the KAHR PM9 and small size grip module of the P320 felt to small. From those images the P365 is even smaller with no replaceable grip modules as the P320 has.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Here is an update. I contacted Sig regarding my dim front sight and they acknowledged that I am not the first to call that in.

They will replace the front sight if I mail in the side and have sent a RMA label. Turnaround time is 3 weeks.

Sucks since I won't get to shoot it, or I can wait.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is an update. I contacted Sig regarding my dim front sight and they acknowledged that I am not the first to call that in.

They will replace the front sight if I mail in the side and have sent a RMA label. Turnaround time is 3 weeks.

Sucks since I won't get to shoot it, or I can wait.

That's good of Sig to oblige and admit to an... issue that others experience as well.

However... this is a follow up to my earlier post in the thread regarding Sig of late being the Kimber of yesteryear... they're pushing out models and upping production big time... their quality takes a hit!

How on earth do they install dim night sights on a newly released model? Where's quality control? I'm glad I'm waiting to buy the P365 and not one of the unfortunate beta testers who similar to the P320, have to return pistols, slides etc... on a newly released pistol.

I never had to return a single German made Sig before... for anything! I want to buy this P365... but I do have my concerns about the company's QC.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
JGIORD- For me the P239 had a squared off feeling and the P290 felt too long for it's width. How does the P365 feel in your hand? Does it feel like you're holding a 1"X2" board or does it fit your hand better than that?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
JGIORD- For me the P239 had a squared off feeling and the P290 felt too long for it's width. How does the P365 feel in your hand? Does it feel like you're holding a 1"X2" board or does it fit your hand better than that?

I agree with your P239 assessment. The P365 feels much better than both of them. Very ergonomic and it makes the G43 feel like a 2x4.

I'm thinking the closest match might be the feel of the Ruger LC9, or close to it. I like the feel of the Kahr PM9 but even prefer the P365 to that.

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree with your P239 assessment. The P365 feels much better than both of them. Very ergonomic and it makes the G43 feel like a 2x4.

I'm thinking the closest match might be the feel of the Ruger LC9, or close to it. I like the feel of the Kahr PM9 but even prefer the P365 to that.

Are you be able to compare the feel of the P365 to a P938?

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Just read on Osage County Guns Facebook page that their is a second P365 model with the X-Ray 3 night sights. Price $599

http://www.osagecountyguns.com...-p365-9mm-xray3.html

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
quote:

Are you be able to compare the feel of the P365 to a P938?

No, sorry but working from memory the P938 is shorter in grip and a bit more squared off.

Interesting, as the Sig CS rep indicated they would replace my sight with the X-Ray sights.

Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, sorry but working from memory the P938 is shorter in grip and a bit more squared off.

Interesting, as the Sig CS rep indicated they would replace my sight with the X-Ray sights.

Thanks

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:
We should have some leather for these shortly.

VM2? If so can we prebuy?

So far, we have the Sig Appendix Carry Holster and Ritchie Leather Ankle Holster, Belt Speed Scabbard and Nighthawk.

The VM2's should start rolling in within the next few weeks.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
JGIORD (or anyone else who has both)

You put out a nice photo spread comparing the P365 to other SSS autos. If you have one, can you do the same with the P365 vs a J-frame?

Thanks.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I don't have one.

I did take the P365 out to the range today. 200 rounds of Fiocchi 115gr FMJ and 20 rounds of Speer Gold Dots 124gr +P.

No problems at all. Gun ran flawlessly. Feels great and the texturing and the right hand seem that I thought would bother me didn't. Recoil felt slightly less than the G43.

Gun is more accurate than I am (but I only shoot at 10 yards).

I also took out a Walther P99C and Sig P250SC and I shot the P365 better than all of them. I just wish I didn't have to send it in to replace the sights.

The P365 will become my EDC.

Picture of Charlier26
posted Hide Post
Got to shoot one at my range today. VERY impressed. I had my PM9 with me, and yes, it is almost exactly the same size as the PM9. Also put it in my Nemesis pocket holster, and with the 10-round pinky extension mag, it fits just fine in my front pocket.

Shooting was great....low recoil, trigger is on par with my P320. Nice clean break and short reset. Lights out accurate at 8 yards today. Can't wait for MINE to get here !!

Posts: 19 | Registered: December 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I handled one today. LGS got one in as a demo gun. Obviously I didn't get to shoot it, but I did develop some impressions.

Its WAY smaller than I thought it would be. I think I had it in my head that it was going to basically be a single stack 320 sub compact. Its PM9 sized. Even the magazine with the finger extension doesn't add much bulk.

The ergos are excellent. The gun is tiny. The grip is tiny. The gun still somehow felt perfect in my size large hands.

Trigger feels like the 320. If you like the 320 trigger, you will like this one. I do.

Clearly some form of magic is involved in fitting 10 rounds into a space this small.

I've got a pre purchase down on one already. When it comes in I'll add shooting impressions. I'll say this: as long as no serious issues pop up unexpectadly, SIG is going to sell a ton of these things.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post