SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365....SHOT 2018?
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365....SHOT 2018? Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Today’s Brownells deal is $480 shipped with code L9Q.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8011 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Wonder what the Blueline - LEO pricing will be .

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Wonder what the Blueline - LEO pricing will be .

I can't get a straight answer on that. I've tried a few LEO SIG places. Someone told me it might not even make it to the IOP program till late this year or next year!

I'm guessing $425ish. If it's $400 or less, that's going to kill Glock blue label prices! And the P365 has night sights. I know I will get one, but haven't decided if I can wait or not.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8011 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LGS has LEO pro orders for $479. Gun and three boxes of Sig ammo

https://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/202794

Posts: 58 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was going to ask if anyone tried Vance’s. I don’t have any plans to go to Columbus in the near future. I just preordered from Brownells a few minutes ago. My regular ffl doesn’t charge me for transfers thankfully.

Not minority enough!

posted Hide Post
I ordered mine last week. No ETA but the rep said they ordered 500. I hope that number includes the LEO progam guns too.

Posts: 58 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
First high round count test I've seen. Not good news:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/oiNmJIgpq94

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Damn, Sig...

You went and made a Diamondback. One good thing I've seen consistently in live fire videos is it seems to shoot very flat for a subcompact.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
1. Why would you not clean the darn thing prior to taking it out for the first time?

2. There definitely seems to be "some" user error with riding the slide stop

3. I'm wondering if the failure to go into battery is due to a heavy recoil spring. Maybe the P365 needs to be treated like a Kahr and use the slide stop to chamber a round, or perhaps they were accidentally riding the slide back when trying to chamber a round. Glocks are very forgiving in that regard

4. I sure hope it isn't ammo picky. That would suck. I'm actually going to check one out later today. I had really high hopes for this.

On the plus side, those guys all admitted to having big hands and shooting larger guns regularly. I'm just the opposite.

But this isn't a good way to start. Frown

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I've heard a couple people now say the mag release is recessed/hard to feel when you're on it.

I hope that gun isn't representative of the gun itself.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I've heard a couple people now say the mag release is recessed/hard to feel when you're on it.

Mag, or slide?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
They are shooting it like it's a full sized USP or something.

You've got to shoot these tiny guns like a revolver, thumbs kinda crossed. Barrel is too short to be all over it with both of your hands. You're apt to shoot a damn finger off...or ride the slide stop or interfere with it's inertia.

At least that's my personal experience, after carrying a PM9 daily for 10+ years and several thousand rounds through it.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

Mag, or slide?

Mag release. The “Spec Ops Guys” commented on it in a video I watched recently.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Top Gun Supply has it listed at $448 on their LE section.

Not minority enough!

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Chowser- Thanks for the heads up!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not really dissuaded by that video.

They seem to be having one type of consistent malfunction with one type of ammo.

Once a round from the primary mag is loaded - the mags seem to all fire very reliably by the shooters. Even attempts to limp-wrist were unsuccessful.

Only on reloading were they having the issues. Easily corrected by a slap to the back of the slide.

In reality - for a CHL gun - the ammo in the PRIMARY mag is what is going to save your bacon.

I know some may argue - but I would not be overly concerned by that level of performance.

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I was excited, now I’m cooling. Same issues I’ve had with several P320’s, I can’t see why I would move away from a trusted G26

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
I am not really dissuaded by that video.

They seem to be having one type of consistent malfunction with one type of ammo.

Once a round from the primary mag is loaded - the mags seem to all fire very reliably by the shooters. Even attempts to limp-wrist were unsuccessful.

Only on reloading were they having the issues. Easily corrected by a slap to the back of the slide.

In reality - for a CHL gun - the ammo in the PRIMARY mag is what is going to save your bacon.

I know some may argue - but I would not be overly concerned by that level of performance.

-----------------------------------

Wait, so you’d carry the gun in the video? If so, you are in a small minority of folks. That’s clearly unacceptable performance in a carry gun.

I am still buying a 365, but there’s no way I’d carry a gun that malfunctioned as that gun did.

posted Hide Post
The failure to go into battery seems to happen when they use the slide release. Is it truly a slide release or a slide stop? Is the slide supposed to be sling shotted upon reload?

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
OK I picked one up from my LGS this afternoon.

1. The P365 is more comparable to the Kahr PM9 than the G43. Yes it feels that small. I was almost hoping for it to be more G43 comparable. For the record, YES I have Talon grips on the G43 so it is a little thicker. Big deal. They are too close to call.

2. The mag release has a ridge on the frame on the mainspring side of the grip so depressing the mag release IS difficult. You need to adjust your grip to ensure you are pressing straight downward on the button (not that big of a deal for me)

3. The trigger is short, light with a very clean break. It is not as light as a P320 (thankfully) but borderline too light. If you picture coming to the wall on a Glock and knowing when it will break, you can't do it with the P365. It has a smooth rolling trigger pull like a Kahr and trying to find that breaking point will result in a ND. So you really need to keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready. The break comes almost midway within the trigger guard, not all the way toward the rear of the frame. This was a surprise but a plus

4. Those little 10 round mags are amazing!

5. The texturing if pretty aggressive but more of a problem, for me anyway, was the seem on the right hand side of the grip. It dug into my hand and became annoying after a few minutes. I will have to put some Talon grips on it.

6. And this is a major bummer. The rear sights are fine but the front night sight barely glows. It looks like it is already 12 years old and on its last legs. Front sight is a #6 for those interested.

7. Anyone comparing this to a G26 is just plain very uninformed. This is definitely smaller in every dimension than a G43. Grip width may be the slightest bit wider, but if you were blindfolded you wouldn't know. The Glock is much wider from front to back than the Sig so the Sig still feels smaller. It is smaller in height, length, width of slide and weight.

8. In terms of which feels the most comfortable, it is close between the P365 and Pm9, but I will go with the P365. I do like the undercut on the trigger guard. The Glocks grip feels incredibly fat (front to back) after handling the others.

9. This thing came jammed pack with thick white grease! It was everywhere including the slide, recoil spring and barrel. It actually took me a while to clean it all out and I even took Brake Clean to the slide! I don't run my guns very wet, but now the Sig is greased and lubed.

Here are some pics. I hope to get to shoot it this weekend.

PM9 / P365 / G43

P365 next to Pm9

P250SC on top with P365 on bottom

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post