SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W Model 19 owners?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W Model 19 owners? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
Only have one 19, it's a -4, 6" TT, TH, RR, P&R.

Sporting a set of Kurac's.

THAT is the one I used to have-in nickel however. Great gun but I sold it when I lost my mind in the late '80s to fund something or another.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
K frame Mod 19-5. I've had this since the '70s. It has served as a carry weapon, home invasion repeller, Target, just about any use I could ask of it. It now resides in my safe oiled to the hilt.

Love it; it is a "forever" in my house.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was smitten today with Smith and Wesson Fever. Model 686+. Felt very handy with the grips and frame on it (4" barrel). I may have found a replacement for my lamented mod. 19 traded in for a 12 gauge Beretta 20 years ago.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I bought this 3" Model 66 back in the 1980's when I was a LEO. I only carried it a few times while off-duty. When I attended the academy in 1976, I carried a 6" Model 19 that had been hardchromed by King's Gunworks (Glendale, CA) and had a set of (two piece) stocks on it that had been hand made by Guy Hogue in his garage. I still have that Model 19, but the factory barrel was replaced by Bill Davis in the 1990's with a bull barrel and Aristocrat sights so that I could shoot PPC competition with it. In either configuration, it was pretty damn accurate. I took the "Top Shooter" award in my academy class with it. Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbmcmjr:
Model 19-5 K-Comp

NICE!!!!!!!

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
M&P 38

SN puts it about 1930.

Wow!! Looks pretty good for a revo from the 30's. Thanks for sharing that classic.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:

The K-Comp does it have a true 3" barrel?

It's probably closer to 2.75 because there is a compensator port just ahead of the front sight.

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks was just wondering if the K Comp & F Comp were that, as they have the full length ejector rod, as does the 3" model 19 pictured below.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up this 19-6 for a great price. It had some dumpy looking rubber grips on it so I sprung for the Altamont grips (laying on the table). However, when I shot it with .357 Mag ammo (158 grn stuff), it really stung (the Altamont grips are a lot thinner than the stock grips). So, I picked up some used, stock grips and added a Pachmayr grip adaptor. It was a lot more pleasant with .357 ammo, but I still think I will limit my shooting to the "FBI" load from Buffalo Bore (158 grn, hp, gas checked, .38 Special +P).

Posts: 417 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

My Mdl 66. WOW runs like a Swiss Watch.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I had a 6" 19 years ago but have since replaced it with 4 and 6" 66s. The 4" has 3 Ts and in my opinion is the ultimate combat revolver.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 2.5" 19-6 needs to go see the gunsmith. Fired it today (about 100 rounds) and from what the rangemaster saw and my cheek experienced, it's splitting lead at the forcing cone. Taking it in tomorrow. 26.5 years of service from it.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GotDogs:
quote:
M&P 38

SN puts it about 1930.

Wow!! Looks pretty good for a revo from the 30's. Thanks for sharing that classic.

I suspect a refinish as the front sight is a ramp and a 1930's era gun would have the half moon, probably the barrel has been replaced. The underside of the barrel should have the serial number of the gun ( taken off the butt of the pistol) stamped on the underside above the ejector rod. Also take the grips off and see if there is a factory rebuild/ refinish date on the side of the frame

Posts: 3288 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
quote:
Originally posted by GotDogs:
quote:
M&P 38

SN puts it about 1930.

I suspect a refinish as the front sight is a ramp and a 1930's era gun would have the half moon, probably the barrel has been replaced. The underside of the barrel should have the serial number of the gun ( taken off the butt of the pistol) stamped on the underside above the ejector rod. Also take the grips off and see if there is a factory rebuild/ refinish date on the side of the frame

Thank you for that info!

I'll dig it out and take a look.

All I know about it is that my father had it and put it in a zippered case inside a cardboard box in 1964 and it never saw the light of day until a few years ago when he dug it out and gave it to me. I never even new he owned a gun.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Foreground is my Grandfather's well worn model 1905 pistol he carried as a watchman for the railroad.
I figure it is from 1908 or 1909.
Don't know if it is a 1st or 2nd change.

19-3 in the background is also cosmetically challenged but mechanically it is 100%.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:

Frame and barrel S/N's match. 536xxx with no prefix or suffix.

No date on the frame under the grip panels either.

Marking stamps are clear with crisp edges that are not buffed down or smeared.

The pic doesn't show it, but small traces of rust on the front strap and left side of muzzle.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is now my only Model 19.

Hot and Sunny SoCal, T-shirt and shorts 85% of the year!

Posts: 274 | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
got this in trade recently. I have some original Magna grips on the way for it

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I have an even 20. None newer than the 1980s. Only one unshot after leaving the factory. Three of them are 19-3 models, one in each barrel length.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post